boc123
27/08/2004, 6:50 PM
The Club have just announced that the following players are leaving the club:

Willie Byrne and Brendan Sweeney both joining Cobh on Loan
Michael Mulconry has been realeased
Greg O'Hallaron is on the transfer list

jofyisgod
27/08/2004, 7:33 PM
as expected then-cobh had done well with sweeney ther, he'd do very well in the first division.

Shame about Mucka, a potential new Colin T stalwart there, i also know the guy a bit so i'm sorry for him personally. He'll probably concentrate on his GAA now. Good luck to Greg, and all other players leaving the club.

SSS
27/08/2004, 8:30 PM
Shame about Mucka, but he was just too far down the pecking order in Dolans mind for both right back and midfield to ever have a chance of a first team spot. Good luck to him.

Good to see Nwankwo not named as a departee so far.

I don't think the other two are much of a loss to be honest.

Greg has three days before the transfer deadline...

thecorner
27/08/2004, 10:38 PM
so now we have no cover for centre half

maybe willie byrne wasnt brilliant but at least he was cover

adamcarr
27/08/2004, 11:00 PM
so now we have no cover for centre half

Theres always Kevin Murray!

thecorner
27/08/2004, 11:16 PM
Theres always Kevin Murray!

EXACTLY....WE HAVE NO COVER FOR CENTRE HALF :D

adamcarr
27/08/2004, 11:36 PM
Bring Back Derek!

cobhrambler 16
28/08/2004, 12:00 AM
is that definet??

adamcarr
28/08/2004, 12:10 AM
is that definet??
Is what definate?

tiktok
28/08/2004, 9:58 AM
Is what definate?

it's definite :D

DolansWaistcoat
28/08/2004, 11:15 AM
Sweeney is the only suprise there for me,but hopefully going to the city rejects won't finish his career for us.

SSS
28/08/2004, 11:44 AM
And to further emphasise your point, we have Gutts. ;) Still no cover. :(

cobhrambler 16
28/08/2004, 11:42 PM
if most ramblers fans had there way there wouldnt be any ex city players on the team.

by the way only 3 of our squad are ex city players.

tiktok
29/08/2004, 9:27 PM
if most ramblers fans had there way there wouldnt be any ex city players on the team.

Most of the ones that post on here seem to have nothing against signing ex-city players. When it comes down to it, if Cobh are going to get anywhere, they need to sign quality, if that comes in the shape of an ex-city player the club and the fans would be idiots to look the other way.

by the way only 3 of our squad are ex city players.

your new ex-city management team signed five more ex-city players over the weekend, and you've got a few gems in there.

bobcat
30/08/2004, 10:21 AM
Mulconery has signed for cobh till the end of the season,i wonder how many more under 21 players will leave for cobh,at least there they might get achance to play

pete
30/08/2004, 12:29 PM
Could be some good betting value with Cobh (or is it Cove) after singing some decent 1st division quality.

JDB
30/08/2004, 3:44 PM
Looks like they've released the official Cork City Website too. What's the story with www.corkcityfc.ie - gone to Shels?

boc123
30/08/2004, 4:01 PM
Looks like they've released the official Cork City Website too. What's the story with www.corkcityfc.ie - gone to Shels?

A few of the other websites have been playing up for the last few days, this one as well, not sure what's going on

SSS
30/08/2004, 5:26 PM
Mulconery has signed for cobh till the end of the season,i wonder how many more under 21 players will leave for cobh,at least there they might get achance to play

Nice one Mucka! - He asks Dolan to release him, makes noises about Avondale or even GAA, then signs for Cobh, on his own terms! ;)

Rams-fan
30/08/2004, 5:29 PM
Most of the ones that post on here seem to have nothing against signing ex-city players. When it comes down to it, if Cobh are going to get anywhere, they need to sign quality, if that comes in the shape of an ex-city player the club and the fans would be idiots to look the other way.

your new ex-city management team signed five more ex-city players over the weekend, and you've got a few gems in there.

We always welcome good players down to Cobh, and what we need is seasoned players to mix in the good young team Dave H has brought together. All the Rams are really short is an inform striker who knows where the net is. :)