PDA

View Full Version : the biggest classico in years

outspoken
24/08/2012, 5:39 PM
Fai just released the weekly suspension list and Keith gillespie will miss this 1 which is a shame as he always plays a blinder in the derbies (woods is out suspended for them)

Its 7 days away but I'm excited and confident

Cabs88
24/08/2012, 8:55 PM
I dont think Gillespie is a massive loss to be honest... Next friday is a massive night, aside from our game with athlone, Waterford are playing Limerick.. Could be a defining night in this years league

Longfordian
24/08/2012, 11:13 PM
It's big for us, less so for them aside from the pleasure of disrupting our plans/hopes. Keith has done well but isn't irreplaceable. Colly into midfield or into right back to release Salmo back into midfield.

Martinho II
25/08/2012, 9:18 AM
How come Keith is suspended anyway??

outspoken
25/08/2012, 11:21 AM
How come Keith is suspended anyway??

4 yellows

outspoken
27/08/2012, 11:37 PM
Mike kerley just departed athlone with padraig Moran taking charge of first team duties what's gone on there!

Acornvilla
29/08/2012, 11:15 AM
Bad results = bad times, they did just lose 3-0 to SD..

outspoken
29/08/2012, 5:48 PM
Fecksake the one man I thought would step up big on friday is now also suspended. ......robert bayley

This is turning into a bit of a disaster I just hope our other top players can show their class and be difference makers.

Longfordian
29/08/2012, 5:52 PM
So we're without Gillespie, Bayly, Shaw and Purdy from our last game. Who do we bring in? Griffiths and Bermingham up front by default I guess, Colly James and Salmo into midfield and O'Reilly right back? This is going to be a tough game to win. They'll be well up for it.

outspoken
29/08/2012, 10:57 PM
Even worse news tonight is that Sean grant will referee the game that is the same Sean grant that mugged us against waterford at home.

This is gona be one hell of a tough match. Everything is starting to go against us, hopefully we get some luck on the night if ya believe in karma and all that :)

fitzpatrick10
30/08/2012, 12:30 PM
not looking good, one or two more suspensions or injurys and good bye promotion...

RonnieB
31/08/2012, 7:37 AM
Massive game tonight, we need all three points and hope Limerick slip up again. The question is, how much do we want them to slip up against Waterford? A draw may be the best result?
We slip up tonight and Waterford win then it is going to make it all very very interesting.

Bayly is a big loss to us tonight, was hoping he wasn't suspended. Shaw and Purdy, we will have to plan around their absence now for the rest of the season.

Here is hoping for a win, a win of any sorts!

Victory - victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.

outspoken
31/08/2012, 9:26 AM
My only concern now is that bog of a pitch if it keeps raining like this.

Martinho II
31/08/2012, 10:50 PM
what a letdown tonight was. We played all right in the first half and collies goal was something else after athlone let the ball bounce over their heads from a mick lee cross( I think). We were shocking bad in the second half and made so many unenforced errors after Athlone equalised after we let them cross the ball and neil harney was free to score. I think a draw is not great at all even though waterford did the quadruple over limerick. shaw,purds,keitho and willo were huge losses for us. By the way Aidan Collins ex Monaghan Utd was on the bench tonight-I have being informed just now that his signing is a permanent move. also on the bench tonight was town u-19 player aaron brilly.

L.T.F.C.
01/09/2012, 8:06 AM
Shocking performance. Walsh touched the ball once in the last twenty minutes. He was a total passenger. No one seemed to give a ********.

outspoken
01/09/2012, 8:56 AM
Shocking performance. Walsh touched the ball once in the last twenty minutes. He was a total passenger. No one seemed to give a ********.

Walsh was in so much space it was raging when they kept kicking it over his head. As usual we tried to sit on a 1-0 lead and as usual it cost us. We are a long ball team I'm afraid to say and without shaw to chase it down we have no hope. Its sickening because we are well able to get it down and pass it but when panic sets in long ball is the order of the day.

We keep saying it but we can't afford anymore slip ups.

De Town
01/09/2012, 9:34 AM
So disappointed after that. We were in control for 65 minutes. It was actually our best performance for a long time in my opinion, we passed the ball and looked dangerous going forward. Then Cousins did his usual trick of dropping the team back 15 yards when we have a lead, thus inviting Athlone on to us, and the equaliser was almost inevitable then. Jamie Duffy looked to be at fault for the goal, leaving his man with a free header from 6 yards out while he was still closer to the edge of the box himself. Then for the last 15 minutes we were a shadow of the team we saw for the first hour or so. We just completely paniced, the players didn't look like they wanted the ball any more and were content to just hoof it forward. Then with almost the final kick of the game, a breaking ball falls to Chris Deans at the back post with just the keeper to beat. Anyone but Chris ****ing Deans and it probably would have ended up in the net. We should have been out of sight before they equalised anyway, another case of us not making the most of our chances. And the fact Limerick lost makes it even harder to take.

L.T.F.C.
01/09/2012, 6:57 PM
We were never in control of that game. We were always on the edge of conceding and we were lucky not to lose the ****ing thing. Very disinterested and half-hearted performance.

outspoken
03/09/2012, 6:53 PM
Bermo was most effective in that game up front. He almost scored only 4 a goal line clearance but cousins still plays tommo up top and bermo in midfield its crazy. Mick Lee and crawley are the best left side in the league and theyve been broken up its crazy.

A lot of people agreed with the decision to take off griffiths but I didn't. He was working hard and very impressive at times. Usually when you need a goal you play a striker or two not take one off and leave us with nothing up top.

Its simple things like this that are costing us like said above dropping 15 yards for no reason every time we get a lead, offering free headers at set pieces etc.

While this may be our best season every stats wise mistakes like this will leave Us empty handed if we keep making them