Malahide Utd V DundalkFC

UCD V Derry C.

Waterford Utd V Mervue Utd match off

Shelbourne V Cherry Orchard

LOI Premier 24/8/12

Saint Pats Ath V Sligo Rvrs

bluemovie
24/08/2012, 12:08 PM
Several of those ties look very straightforward.

bullit
24/08/2012, 4:03 PM
Extratime.ie News ‏@ExtratimeNews (https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews)
MATCH OFF: Waterford United v Mervue United has been postponed after the RSC failed a pitch inspection this afternoon.

cornflakes
24/08/2012, 6:36 PM
Youths don't have a goalkeeper tonight (Graham Doyle suspended and Cormac O'Brian injured) so midfielder Aidan Keenan starts in goal :(

bullit
24/08/2012, 6:58 PM
Dundalk 1 up,Shanahan

adamd164
24/08/2012, 7:03 PM
Pat Dolan on Chris Turner's bad tackle - "Turner's cross. It's a code. He wants to join Cork.";)

bullit
24/08/2012, 7:35 PM
Dundalk 2 up now h/t

Lim till i die
24/08/2012, 7:38 PM
Live game is POISON

Cork :bulgy:

EDIT: Stewart just did something mildly interesting in fairness.

bullit
24/08/2012, 7:38 PM
Great goal Stewart

sullanefc
24/08/2012, 8:14 PM
Live game is POISON

Cork :bulgy:

Absolute turgid display from us. Morissey, Daryl Horgan and possibly Duggan looked like the only ones capable or interested in doing anything. Even Tommy Dunne seemed to lack the appetite of winning the game. Brutal. Such a contrast to last monday. Season over.

bullit
24/08/2012, 8:25 PM
Dundalk 3 to the good,young Shams loanee Lorcan Shannon with the goal

bullit
24/08/2012, 8:36 PM
4-0 for Dundalk,Bob McKenna

Dunny
24/08/2012, 8:43 PM
Gonna win the cup :}

dong
24/08/2012, 9:38 PM
Good game in Richmond tonight. Two teams playing decent stuff.
Pats needed to do a bit more but couldn't really threaten our goal. A draw was a good result for us to keep the dream going.
Nice to see Shams doing well in the cup.

TonyD
24/08/2012, 10:18 PM
Good game in Richmond tonight. Two teams playing decent stuff.
Pats needed to do a bit more but couldn't really threaten our goal. A draw was a good result for us to keep the dream going.
Nice to see Shams doing well in the cup.

Would agree with that. Thought we had the better of the play, but once again lack of a cutting edge told against us. Fagan missed a great chance late on though , one on one with the keeper and put it just wide. Great crowd from Sligo too, good to see.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
24/08/2012, 11:39 PM
Thought both teams cancelled each other out in game. Some great passing from both sides. Thought Chambers was man of the match. Pats better team first half but we were the better team second half even if Pats had more chances in the second half. Great save by Murphy right at the end. Keeps Pats a good bit behind us so will certainly take the draw.

Fivesilver
25/08/2012, 1:13 AM
Two teams playing really good stuff. Pats were excellent but need a finisher. Thought Ndo was immense in the second half. Lynch for Cawley substitution by Baraclough worked really well. Pats shaded it on possession, but we could have nicked it only for Murphy making an absolutely astonishing save from Ventre.

bullit
25/08/2012, 2:01 AM
Through to the next round of the FAI Cup;

DundalkFC
Drogheda United
BohemianFC
ShelbourneFC
Saint Patricks Ath.
Derry City
Shamrock Rovers
Waterford United/Mervue United

Draw on Monday night live on MNS

Matches to be played w/e 16/9/2012

Flexy
25/08/2012, 8:52 AM
Buttimer is an absolute joke that guy should never be allowed to referee another game. He was shocking last night. Sending Gracean off for what????????????? He claimed he kicked the ball away and Derry players said it wasnt him, Lineman tried to get him to change his mind but overruled the ref assistant. He better not come to Derry in near future as people are getting fed up with his rules and incompetence, just a joke.

dong
25/08/2012, 8:59 AM
It's a pity all the Shams lads on here who knew so much about our club, it's new manager, finances or lack thereof, ticketing policy, poor squad size (that they couldn't take advantage of); who hoped so fervently that Boco would leave, that Quigley would leave, that Cook would take everyone to Accrington, that Norths injury would get them back into the race, even that another club might go to the wall so they might accumulate a few more points seem to have boycotted this forum now.
They are doing so well in the cup and in the race for Europe, do they not wish to discuss this with their fellow LoI supporters?
dfx, Dave SRFC, HulaHoop, Askmehoop....where are you now??;)

oriel
25/08/2012, 11:13 AM
Dreadful crowds all over the country last night, possibly the worst ever at this stage of the cup in the history of the competition?

Tallaght 1,400
Dalymount 474
Tolka 442
Drogs 350
Malahide 300
UCD 186

Dave_SRFC
25/08/2012, 3:13 PM
It's a pity all the Shams lads on here who knew so much about our club, it's new manager, finances or lack thereof, ticketing policy, poor squad size (that they couldn't take advantage of); who hoped so fervently that Boco would leave, that Quigley would leave, that Cook would take everyone to Accrington, that Norths injury would get them back into the race, even that another club might go to the wall so they might accumulate a few more points seem to have boycotted this forum now.
They are doing so well in the cup and in the race for Europe, do they not wish to discuss this with their fellow LoI supporters?
dfx, Dave SRFC, HulaHoop, Askmehoop....where are you now??;)

I'm at home at the moment why do you want to know?

PartySaint
25/08/2012, 9:04 PM
Thought Chambers was man of the match.

I would have said Ndo for MOTM. I don't think he has ever given the ball away, superb performance last night.

It was a good game for a 0-0, 2 good passing sides that cancelled each other out. I think it's good for the league that the Champions will come from those 2 teams. Sligo have it wrapped up now.

Great Sligo crowd down as well. They brought more to Richmond this season than both Shels and Bohs did.

brendy_éire
25/08/2012, 9:31 PM
Great win for us at UCD yesterday, but main talking point is Buttimer and his mad decisions.

Booked Stephen McLaughlin for slipping, presumably because he thought it was a dive. Booked O'Connor for something, no-one knew what, and another UCD player (McCabe?) for kicking the ball away, about a couple of metres.
Things got more bizarre towards the end of the game. Barry Molloy fouls a UCD player, Buttimer books Stewart Graecan for kicking the ball away, second yellow; he's off. It was actually Gerard Doherty who kicked the ball. As soon as the card is shown, the lineman's flag goes up, calls Buttimer over, presumably tells him it was Doherty who kicked the ball. Half the Derry squad, including Doherty, say it was him who kicked it as well. Buttimer then books Doherty, but doesn't take back Graecan's yellow.
Mental stuff. I give up with man. There's always an issue when we get him, especially in the cup.
Heard he's retiring this season, fecking hope so.

Bah, anyway, in the quarters. Grand job.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
26/08/2012, 3:02 AM
I would have said Ndo for MOTM. I don't think he has ever given the ball away, superb performance last night.

It was a good game for a 0-0, 2 good passing sides that cancelled each other out. I think it's good for the league that the Champions will come from those 2 teams. Sligo have it wrapped up now.

Great Sligo crowd down as well. They brought more to Richmond this season than both Shels and Bohs did.

I certainly thought Joey was our best player but I was very impressed with Chambers again. Joey was player of the second half for sure. Was strange watching him during the European game when he wasn't able to outmuscle who he was up against.

Will be absolutely gutted if we don't win the league from here

noddy102
26/08/2012, 10:48 AM
Things got more bizarre towards the end of the game. Barry Molloy fouls a UCD player, Buttimer books Stewart Graecan for kicking the ball away, second yellow; he's off.
Bah, anyway, in the quarters. Grand job.

He was brutal but I think you'll find Graecen made the initial foul and it was for that that he picks up his second yellow card. Doherty is then booked afterwards for kicking the ball away, check on MNS on monday.

cheifo
26/08/2012, 9:39 PM
Dreadful crowds all over the country last night, possibly the worst ever at this stage of the cup in the history of the competition?

Tallaght 1,400
Dalymount 474
Tolka 442
Drogs 350
Malahide 300
UCD 186

Those figures tell a sorry tale of where its all at right now. Hopefully attendances will pick up now coming into Autumn.

oriel
27/08/2012, 12:08 PM
I'm told the Malahide figure can be revised up to 450, but thats still just over 500 on avg for these games. I know all clubs do not allow season tickets entry, but that's no excuse. Also its no good either to the smaller away club who get a pittance of the gate.

MariborKev
27/08/2012, 12:20 PM
He was brutal but I think you'll find Graecen made the initial foul and it was for that that he picks up his second yellow card. Doherty is then booked afterwards for kicking the ball away, check on MNS on monday.

So presumably Buttimer was lying when he told Greacen that he was booking him for kicking the ball away, hence the 'robust' protests from the rest of the Derry team?

noddy102
27/08/2012, 12:42 PM
So presumably Buttimer was lying when he told Greacen that he was booking him for kicking the ball away, hence the 'robust' protests from the rest of the Derry team?

Im not denying thats what Buttimer told Gracean, just merely pointing out that it was he that made the initial foul and not Molloy

bullit
27/08/2012, 2:44 PM
Ball numbers for the quarter-final draw:
1 Bohemians, 2 Derry City, 3 Drogheda United, 4 Dundalk, 5 Saint Patrick's Athletic, 6 Shamrock Rovers, 7 Shelbourne, 8 Waterford United/Mervue United.

bullit
27/08/2012, 7:07 PM
Shelbourne v Shamrock Rovers
Bohemians V Dundalk
St Pats Ath V Drogheda u
Derry v Waterford or Mervue U.

placid casual
28/08/2012, 2:50 PM
bohs or pats at home in the semi final, derry on the final please.

marinobohs
29/08/2012, 10:52 AM

.... I suspect Alan mattews would settle for that ;)

Dave_SRFC
29/08/2012, 11:17 AM

All Dublin final would be interesting...

dong
29/08/2012, 7:45 PM
It's about all ye have to look forward to.:D