PDA

View Full Version : Franck Queudrue of Middlesboro

Roo69
26/08/2004, 1:58 PM
is eligable to play for Ireland, do ya's reckon he would be a good bet for left back or not ?

eirebhoy
26/08/2004, 2:00 PM
He's not eligible. His great-great grandparent was Irish.

NeilMcD
26/08/2004, 2:00 PM
Where did you hear that he qualifies to play for Ireland? Is there an article on this or something.

pete
26/08/2004, 2:21 PM

Why stop at the granny rule? If granny rule good enough then surely great granny rule ok? :eek:

Roo69
26/08/2004, 3:00 PM

Well according to Martin Tyler and Andy Gray he is, i was very surprised to hear them say it ! They mentioned it live at the Arsenal Vs. Boro game on sunday, and then said i wonder does Brian Kerr know ? well im sure he will now.

eirebhoy
26/08/2004, 3:21 PM
I heard what Tyler said but this was sorted out years ago, its definitely his great-great.

Peadar
26/08/2004, 3:35 PM
Boro leaked 5 at Arsenal, he's not going to be much use to us against the French.

eirebhoy
26/08/2004, 3:37 PM
Boro leaked 5 at Arsenal, he's not going to be much use to us against the French.
Arsenal leaked 3 goals at home to Boro, Ashley Cole musn't be much use. :p ;)

Slash/ED
26/08/2004, 4:26 PM
He's a good left back it would be great if he could play for us but I've heard the same as Eirebhoy I'm afraid so it doesn't look like he is.

carnstien
26/08/2004, 7:02 PM
Well according to Martin Tyler and Andy Gray he is, i was very surprised to hear them say it ! They mentioned it live at the Arsenal Vs. Boro game on sunday, and then said i wonder does Brian Kerr know ? well im sure he will now.
Ya I heard that aswell. Queudrue looks like a decent left back who is good going forward and great from set pieces. He is definatly worth having in the squad as backup and I doubt he will ever get anywhere near the Frech team.

brine3
26/08/2004, 11:37 PM
Are his grandparents still alive? They could apply for Irish passports, and suddenly Queudrue is eligible for Ireland.

But that would be going a bit too far.

Roo69
27/08/2004, 11:44 AM
He's a good left back it would be great if he could play for us but I've heard the same as Eirebhoy I'm afraid so it doesn't look like he is.

I'm just going by what i heard from the sky sports team, cant understand why they would have mentioned it without there being anyu truth in it ?

If he can play for us i think he would defo be worth having a look at as we have no other real options at left back then O'Shea, and please dont say Harte :D He could'nt kick snow off a rope !

Fr. Murphy
27/08/2004, 12:54 PM
If he can play for us i think he would defo be worth having a look at as we have no other real options at left back then O'Shea, and please dont say Harte :D He could'nt kick snow off a rope !

Clive Clarke although playing in midfield started his career at left back. he's the captain of stoke. he didnt look to bad in the unity cup. besides if he's not good enough for france he's not good enough for us.

tetsujin1979
27/08/2004, 1:11 PM
if he's not good enough for france he's not good enough for us.

It's irrelevant, he doesn't qualify to play for us at all, this thread is pointless

Fr. Murphy
03/09/2004, 12:30 PM
Those days are gone. End of topic.

well we all want an end to those days but unfortunatly they're not behind us. what about the call up of jon macken yet another crap brit looking for an easy cap

Fr. Murphy
03/09/2004, 4:33 PM
your optimism amuses me of him even warming the bench.