PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the new FAI logo?

Shelsman
26/08/2004, 12:36 PM
Do you like the new FAI logo?

I think it's mouldy.

Fr. Murphy
26/08/2004, 12:41 PM
Totally agree. is it supposed to represent a futuristic football or golf ball or what

tiktok
26/08/2004, 12:48 PM
I voted No, but I think a third option....

Not really, but it's better than the last effort

might have been closer to the truth

inexile
26/08/2004, 2:02 PM
i think its alright looks like they finally want to bring football into the 21st century now with a bit of luck they might look for a new type of organisation and mentality and the country will really take off

LukeO
26/08/2004, 2:21 PM
I thinks it is horrible, I think something more traditional looking may have been have been a better idea. Maybe something featuring the irish harp?

gufct
26/08/2004, 2:30 PM
at a swish Dblin Hotel yesterday its ****e and the comments by Rooney this morning are sheer bluff about Future Revenue Streams for their new line of Leisurewear.Anyone checked out the new website the eircom League has dissappeared!

A face
26/08/2004, 2:36 PM
The Logo !! (http://www.fai.ie/images/shield.gif)

and here is the Website !! (http://www.fai.ie)

I dont think it is that bad to be honest !!
Guess we'll get used to it, if anything ... i wish that it hadn't changed.

pete
26/08/2004, 2:48 PM
I still think website is muck. Rooney on radio yesterday saying gonna be "most dynamic website in the world" i kid you now :rolleyes:

ambaiste
26/08/2004, 2:52 PM
at a swish Dblin Hotel yesterday its ****e and the comments by Rooney this morning are sheer bluff about Future Revenue Streams for their new line of Leisurewear.Anyone checked out the new website the eircom League has dissappeared!

the contempt that the FAI show towards the EL is unreal - if nothing else, the old site had fixtures list & some news, new site is a glorified online sports shop. :mad:

pete
26/08/2004, 3:04 PM
the contempt that the FAI show towards the EL is unreal

While i'm at it Rooney also congradualted Shels (Cork City) on progress in Europe saying "..we have made a goal of getting eL side to group stages of CL & were only 45mins away from it.." I'm not sure who the "we" were or what they did to contribute towards shels relative success...

:rolleyes:

blobbyblob
26/08/2004, 3:29 PM
Come on, give the boys a chance and see what happens. Its a step in the right direction

Anyone remember the website pre WC2002? Mother of God.

I remember writing to Milo Corcoran complaining and he wrote back asking if i would do one myself. I sh$t you not. Ill try dig out the email later.

Pauro 76
26/08/2004, 4:00 PM
Ok the logo.... i can kinda see the shamrock symbol in there. Like the Celtic typeface. Its in a football design, yeah grand so far. But WHAT the hell are the bits above it though! What are the sharp objects sticking out of the football? That'd would probably kill you if you tried to head that thing. Thumbs down, but it might grow on me.

dufcweb
26/08/2004, 4:12 PM
i think the website's poor and a major disappointment considering the 90k investment in rebranding. it hardly fires the imagination does it? and you have to go down a level before finding a link to the eircom league section - only to find a blank page. its pathetic really. see the major league's site at www.mlsnet.com for a first class football association site that heavily promotes the national league and clubs.

eL Bettor
26/08/2004, 4:22 PM
Re the new site; the layout is poor enough, I preferred the old website although it would have too sink pretty low to be as dire as the official Waterford United site (http://www.waterford-united.ie).

I never knew we won the Fist Division!
We must have started out as a boxing club or something. :confused:

Neish
26/08/2004, 5:55 PM
I think its awful but the new jersy is nice

De Town
26/08/2004, 6:02 PM
I cant believe that out of the 39 people who have voted on this poll, that 14 people actually like the crest!!! i think its disgusting! i wasnt very fond of the old 1 but this is 100 times worse!

ccfcgirl
26/08/2004, 6:31 PM
i voted yes

Eric
26/08/2004, 7:11 PM
The 3 stars at the top of the crest are meant to symbolise all the stars of the game in Ireland, from our current senior squad all the way down to the youngest schoolboys!! :rolleyes: Looks crap if you ask me.

Predominantly green and white, not a whole lot of orange in there?????

Also the majority of the merchandise is very rugby based. The polo shirts look like stuff they just robbed off the IRFU and stuck the crest on it. Must say I do like the new jersey though, eircom logo ruins it a small bit but it's a nice jersey.

During Fran Rooneys speech yesterday he said ' we're delighted to be here to intriduce to you our new bland'

Slip of the tongue by Mr Rooney but it could turn out to be the truth!!!!

yur man
26/08/2004, 11:20 PM
if your gonna re-do a crest it shud be clear at first glance what it is

my first thought was 'wtf is that meant to be'

A face
26/08/2004, 11:31 PM
my first thought was 'wtf is that meant to be'

My first thought was ..... it looks like something that the IRFU designed !!
I think we'll get used to it ...... would like to know why it is now a sheild, why that design, etc ..... what was the idea behind each part ?

The site has to improve though .... i meant ... it cant just go backwards !!

eL Bettor
27/08/2004, 7:55 AM
the site is a joke :confused:
Tonight's previews are all over the shop and not even linked to from the eircom league section which is appearing as a blank page other than the confusingly named links on the left.
Bring back the old site!!

Plastic Paddy
27/08/2004, 9:03 AM
I voted No, but I think a third option....

Not really, but it's better than the last effort

might have been closer to the truth

I think I side with you on this one tiktok.

:) PP

Pauro 76
27/08/2004, 10:37 AM
The whole FAIreland of the logo actually looks like FA Ireland, likes its an Oirish branch of the FA or something....

Fr. Murphy
27/08/2004, 1:01 PM
the crest should of had some connection with the country like the harp or a Celtic cross. i dont think a UFO convention best suits it.

ShelsTim
28/08/2004, 12:33 AM
Well, it's supposed to be a shamrock, but i've **** things more shamrock looking than that and what's the story with the lights? I like the shape and the FAIreland thing though, like the old, old crest(though that shamrock was **** aswell).

pineapple stu
28/08/2004, 11:15 AM
Complete waste of ninety grand, I reckon. The jersey looks awful from what I've seen, and the crest is too big. What does this crest say that Plastic Paddy's avatar doesn't? Are they going to be more efficient, or supportive of the league, or indulge in less bickering and general incompetence now they've got a new crest? Why not give four grand to each of the league clubs to help towards some of the smaller aspects of UEFA Licencing? Or would that just be silly? :rolleyes:

They were getting slated by some crowd in the Irish Times after the launch - they said they weren't going to be changing the jersey for two years, so at E60, it was great value - it was pointed out that the previous two strips lasted less than 18 months, which was a new jersey every ten games or so!

CuanaD
30/08/2004, 9:12 AM
Not pushed about the crest - but as others have said, its better than the old one!

As for the website - I got a reply from AndyNeedham last week saying that they were having teething problems & that the eL section will be up & running soon - checked this morning & its there - not much in it yet but its a start. Id give them a month to get their act together before we slag them off.

One point though, if anyone has any ideas they want incorporated into the site (such as a section for the eL euro representatives) you should e-mail the fai now, rather than waiting - they might incorporate new ideas while the site building is ongoing - its worth a try
info@fai.ie
should get there