PDA

View Full Version : Friday Twitter Phone

longfordjames
14/08/2012, 12:35 PM
I've twitter on my phone but I have to be somewhere Friday night so I will miss the games. I am just wondering what is the best Twitter to follow on a Friday night to get updates on all the games (I won't be following clubs) as I want it to be as neutral as can be. The LOI Blog is an obvious one as is extratimenews. Im just wondering is there any other twitter that gives the service that I desire.

nigel-harps1954
14/08/2012, 12:37 PM
It's okay, you can relax. Harps v Limerick isn't until Saturday.

Dodge
14/08/2012, 1:33 PM
There's no over ridding twitter account. Follow the likes of the League one and all the LOI jounalists (check to see who other longford fans follow). Most clubs do some sort of updating too

Mr A
14/08/2012, 1:44 PM
Extra Time News is probably your best bet: https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews

longfordjames
14/08/2012, 3:00 PM
Who gets the scores up first on twitter extratime or the loi blog?

ped_ped
14/08/2012, 3:14 PM
I'd be willing to bet ExtratimeNews.

nigel-harps1954
14/08/2012, 3:23 PM
If you've a good enough phone, go for live scores just. www.futbol24.com updates scores within seconds of them actually happening. I would love to know how they do it.

longfordjames
14/08/2012, 4:10 PM
Cheers lads.

Dodge
14/08/2012, 4:17 PM
If you've a good enough phone, go for live scores just. www.futbol24.com updates scores within seconds of them actually happening. I would love to know how they do it.

They pay people to stay on the phone and watch the match. Think its about €50 per game

nigel-harps1954
14/08/2012, 4:32 PM
Ah, so that's what that guy does..

gufcfan
14/08/2012, 6:29 PM
I'd be willing to bet ExtratimeNews.

Call a spade a spade. LOI Blog wholesale robs stuff from Extratime or did that last time I looked at it.

Extratime are pretty fast.

If you just want quick score updates on your phone, the futbol24 app ( Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gluak.f24) / iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/app/futbol24/id338764030) ) is very good. I never used it on mobile before but had a look now and can't fault it.

gufcfan
14/08/2012, 6:30 PM
They pay people to stay on the phone and watch the match. Think its about €50 per game

I know of somebody that does it and I think it must pay more than that for it to be worth it for him.

Battery Rover
14/08/2012, 7:11 PM
I know of somebody that does it and I think it must pay more than that for it to be worth it for him.

I think it was £75 a game when I was asked to do it about 5 seasons ago but spending 90 mins going attack / defend / attack I wouldnt do it for any money

L.T.F.C.
14/08/2012, 8:41 PM
Bet365 is good for livescores!

Gareth
14/08/2012, 10:08 PM
Whilst the likes of futbol24 and livescore may be very slightly faster. They have no detail or scorer. They usually wait for us (Extratime) to confirm the scorer and then copy. For proof of this, any time we make a mistake, most of the live score type sites replicate it.

gufcfan
14/08/2012, 10:13 PM
The futbol24 app isn't faster than extratime because it doesn't update instantly ;)

MeathDrog
15/08/2012, 12:47 AM
Slightly unrelated but does anyone have any idea on how Bet365 update pretty much every single game right down to the detail of which side has the ball/on the attack/ has a throw in.

sligoman
15/08/2012, 1:08 AM
Slightly unrelated but does anyone have any idea on how Bet365 update pretty much every single game right down to the detail of which side has the ball/on the attack/ has a throw in.
spending 90 mins going attack / defend / attack I wouldnt do it for any money.....

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/08/2012, 1:28 AM
Futbol24s app buzzs the moment a goal is scored once you put that game into your favourites. That works a treat for me. Don't need to keep checking to see if a goal has been scored in any games

Dodge
15/08/2012, 9:04 AM
Futbol24s app buzzs the moment a goal is scored once you put that game into your favourites. That works a treat for me. Don't need to keep checking to see if a goal has been scored in any games

Yeah, big fan of futbol24 and its push notifications

On the fee for updating sites, it was baout 6/7 years ago a friend did it. Was €50 then (plus a phone). Good to see its increased ;)

Hibs4Ever
15/08/2012, 12:21 PM
Whilst the likes of futbol24 and livescore may be very slightly faster. They have no detail or scorer.

Flashscore does. By far the best live score site available (after Bet365 but they don't give goalscorers)

I've recently start going to the Slavia matches with the guy that does this for Bet365 and a couple of other betting sites for the Czech league. Am sure I can make a few quid out of it some way :D

Gareth
15/08/2012, 12:28 PM
Flashscore does. By far the best live score site available (after Bet365 but they don't give goalscorers)

They don't give goalscorers immediately. They wait for that to be confirmed elsewhere usually.

Mark
16/08/2012, 12:26 PM
Whilst the likes of futbol24 and livescore may be very slightly faster. They have no detail or scorer. They usually wait for us (Extratime) to confirm the scorer and then copy. For proof of this, any time we make a mistake, most of the live score type sites replicate it.

In the old days it was Aertel they would all copy.. and like extra time now, if there was a mistake there, there was a mistake everywhere else. Personally, I go with Extra time. Anything on the LOI blog's has been tweeted by someone else minutes earlier anyway.

d rovers
16/08/2012, 3:04 PM
In the old days it was Aertel they would all copy.. and like extra time now, if there was a mistake there, there was a mistake everywhere else.

So they were copying Errortel, that was never a good idea!

Thanks for the info on Futbol24, just downloaded the android app now & it looks very good.

JC_GUFC
16/08/2012, 4:02 PM

The "live feeds" provided by the people at games are now more detailed than just "Attack" and "Dangerous Attack" they give details of throws, fouls, cards, corners etc - this information is done for a company (Runningball is one of them) and is then the service is sold to bookmakers. So this company could pay one person €100 for covering the match and then sell that on to numerous bookmakers.

Bet365 just feed all this information on to their website.

bullit
16/08/2012, 7:15 PM
The "live feeds" provided by the people at games are now more detailed than just "Attack" and "Dangerous Attack" they give details of throws, fouls, cards, corners etc - this information is done for a company (Runningball is one of them) and is then the service is sold to bookmakers. So this company could pay one person €100 for covering the match and then sell that on to numerous bookmakers.

Bet365 just feed all this information on to their website.

I knew a lad that use to do it in OP,he had to give an almost full running commentary on the match but didnt have to mention the players names just what team had the ball,throw ins,corners,free kicks & positions of same etc...it would do your nut in listening to him. "Suspend,suspend,suspend" when there was a peno or a dangerous free kick:rolleyes: Gave it up after 3 games.Think a Chinese lad does it now?

Mark
16/08/2012, 8:13 PM
downloaded Futbol 24 app myself earlier, brilliant it is.

longfordjames
17/08/2012, 10:10 AM
@ExtratimeNews has got the follow.