PDA

View Full Version : The Sunday Game

brendy_éire
25/08/2004, 2:02 PM
As I'm sure you all know the old Sunday Game theme tune has been replaced with a new, utterly crap one. So do something about it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?sunday04

The BBC would never replace the Match Of The Day theme tune, don't let RTÉ get away with this one.

And should you need any more convincing, read this:
http://www.gaelsport.com/html/club/fullstory.jsp?c=1945&newsID=9455&p=l

Peadar
25/08/2004, 2:17 PM
As I'm sure you all know the old Sunday Game theme tune has been replaced with a new, utterly crap one.

Any chance they'd replace Marty Morrissey, Colm O'Rourke, Ger Loughnan and a few other gobshítes on there?

Bluebeard
25/08/2004, 2:57 PM
I don't know about replacing Ger Loughnane.

If he didn't have that job, he might attempt to manage a hurling team again - that would be a fierce imposition on the unsuspecting public. At least you can choose not to watch The TV Show Formerly Identifiable as The Sunday Game. If he was managing once again he'd be everywhere.

corkharps
25/08/2004, 3:49 PM
Did Marty Morrissey escape from a lab? :confused:

aidz1
25/08/2004, 4:40 PM
is marty morriseys head a potato?

Metrostars
25/08/2004, 7:33 PM
Is michael lyster still hosting?

brendy_éire
25/08/2004, 8:16 PM
Is michael lyster still hosting?

Yep. Personally, Marty Morrissey can be annoying, but the rest are usually grand. Best of the lot is Joe Brolly (though maybe it's because I'm from Derry), he's refreshing and down to earth.

Peadar
26/08/2004, 8:58 AM
Best of the lot is Joe Brolly

Agreed, makes his point without trying to ram his opinion down your throat.
Tomás Mul is grand too.

A face
26/08/2004, 10:24 PM
C'mon lads ... out with it ..... you know it to be true ...... It's all shíte !!

Gggggaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh !

brendy_éire
26/08/2004, 11:16 PM
C'mon lads ... out with it ..... you know it to be true ...... It's all shíte !!

Gggggaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh !

Feck off, it's better than 'soccer', well, at least at inter-county level. There's nothing like an All-Ireland Championship Sunday. Whether it's Celtic Park, the 2 hour drive to Clones in the pouring rain (and the 2 hours getting out of the place), or heading down to Croke Park with the sun blazing.
The banter with the other county's fans, the noise just after the end of Amhrán na bhFiann, being 2 points down going into injury time and somehow clawing a replay.
And at the end of the day you're either talking about 'this day fortnight.....' or saying "ah sure, there's always next year". :D

Much as I love the eL, it'll never compare to AIC.

Derry for Sam!

A face
26/08/2004, 11:52 PM
Much as I love the eL, it'll never compare to AIC.

Wibble wibble :eek:

Derry for Sam!

wibble wibble ...... *cough* Ahem ..... wibble some more :D

A face
26/08/2004, 11:56 PM
the 2 hour drive to Clones in the pouring rain ............. heading down to Croke Park with the sun blazing.
The banter with the other county's fans, the noise just after the end of Amhrán na bhFiann, being 2 points down going into injury time and somehow clawing a replay.
And at the end of the day you're either talking about 'this day fortnight.....' or saying "ah sure, there's always next year".

Chríst, will you come off the stage, it's not a novel you're writing at all. :D

Talk about glorifying it like, sheeze ... steady on there like, there are big crowds go to the circus aswell on a sunny fúckin' day !! :)

brendy_éire
27/08/2004, 12:06 AM
Chríst, will you come off the stage, it's not a novel you're writing at all. :D

Talk about glorifying it like, sheeze ... steady on there like, there are big crowds go to the circus aswell on a sunny fúckin' day !! :)

Sorry, just getting buzzed up for Sunday. :D
You'll be pleased to know, I'm sure, that I'm forgoing the Fermanagh-Mayo game for the Derry-Shels game. Pity, was there last week, cheering on Fermanagh, great buzz, and it'll be a greater buzz when they beat Mayo on Saturday.

Fair enough, write Derry off, suits us grand. :D

Derry-Fermanagh final. Uladh abú! ;)

A face
27/08/2004, 12:45 AM
Derry-Fermanagh final. Uladh abú! ;)

:) ........ t'would be good alright i'd say !!

Peadar
27/08/2004, 10:30 AM
Feck off, it's better than 'soccer', well, at least at inter-county level.

You've just gone and discredited yourself completely!
Gaelic Football is dire at the best of times!
Since the nordies started to win stuff it's got even worse.
Give me eL over Gaelic any day.
Hurling, now there's a game!

brendy_éire
27/08/2004, 1:04 PM
Since the nordies started to win stuff it's got even worse.

There's no need for the sour grapes now. :p

Peadar
27/08/2004, 1:09 PM
There's no need for the sour grapes now. :p
Will I be saying that to you on Monday ;)

Seriously though, the last two football finals have looked more like Olympic Handball than any sport associated with the feet.

brendy_éire
27/08/2004, 1:18 PM
Seriously though, the last two football finals have looked more like Olympic Handball than any sport associated with the feet.

Aye, true. Though Tyrone and Armagh are particularly bad at it. Thing is though, if it wins games, it's hard not to use it. Slowly but surely it seems as though other counties are figuring out how to get round it, keeping the ball moving all the time. Mayo and Fermanagh did this well in the quarter finals. And you couldn't really accuse Fermanagh, or Derry indeed, of using the same blanket defense tactics of Armagh and Tyrone.

Peadar
31/08/2004, 10:36 AM
There's no need for the sour grapes now.

Oh dear, what went wrong?
Ah well, there's always next year.
It's the taking part that counts.
Ye just didn't get a rub of the green :D

brendy_éire
31/08/2004, 1:16 PM
Oh dear, what went wrong?
Ah well, there's always next year.
It's the taking part that counts.
Ye just didn't get a rub of the green :D

Sure it's still a young team. Least we got beat by the eventual winners though. And it could be worse sure, we could have been expected to do well, and we could have went out in the qualifying rounds, losing to some wee Ulster county a tenth our size. ;)

Peadar
31/08/2004, 1:37 PM
and we could have went out in the qualifying rounds, losing to some wee Ulster county a tenth our size. ;)

I would have been happy if we'd been out after the defeat to Kerry ("eventual winners" ;) ) If we'd made any progress I might have felt some obligation to support the team and that would mean having to feign an interest in the game.

I'll probably be at the Hurling Final on the 12th.
My third All Ireland Hurling Final in six years.
Been to many All Ireland finals to support your county Brendy_éire? :D

brendy_éire
31/08/2004, 11:29 PM
Been to many All Ireland finals to support your county Brendy_éire? :D

Just the one. Who'd we beat that year anyway? ;)