PDA

View Full Version : Rumours??????????

TheNorthsider
25/08/2004, 11:57 AM
there seems to be alot of rumours flying around the place at the moment and from what I can see they seem to be posted by new signings.Is there some kind of an effort by people to spread rumours ,why have we not heard from these people b4.I suggest people wait for offical announcements b4 commenting any futher

tiktok
25/08/2004, 12:48 PM
We haven't got a game for three weeks so this stuff is going to spread.

The problem is, if you hear a rumour, where else are you going to check it's veracity?
I heard a rumour yesterday from two places, so I posted it on Citynet to see if anyone had heard similar.
Unfortunately it took off and it now looks like it may have been just a rumour, I've been left with a bit of egg on face probably :o , but I still wanted to find out if it was true.

That's what forums are for.

patsh
25/08/2004, 1:03 PM
Official site is reporting that "several players" will be released.

Lennox seems to be going for quality not quantity.
GOOD!

boc123
25/08/2004, 1:03 PM
The post about players leaving is definetely true. It's the main article on the official club site. Lennox said the squad needs to be trimmed before they can bring in new players. He said he hopes to have three new players by the start of next season!

pete
25/08/2004, 1:17 PM
Official site is reporting that "several players" will be released.

Lennox seems to be going for quality not quantity.
GOOD!

Lennox Speaks (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/)

More evidence he knows what he doing. All he needs to do now is bring in the 3 quality players he mentions.

adamcarr
25/08/2004, 2:03 PM
Id say he will release Mulconroy and Colin P definately. I cant think of any more that should be. He would release Greg as he can still get money!

namloc
25/08/2004, 2:11 PM
The echo is saying that Nwankwo is being released and going back home to Nigeria. It's unverified however.

ccfcgirl
25/08/2004, 3:17 PM
The echo states "cork city will release 4or5 of the first team squad next week" "the players under most treat would appear to be Brendan sweeney, michael mulconry,willie byrne,greg o halloranand michael nwanko"

A face
25/08/2004, 3:29 PM
The echo states "cork city will release 4or5 of the first team squad next week" "the players under most treat would appear to be Brendan sweeney, michael mulconry,willie byrne,greg o halloranand michael nwanko"

I would hate to lose michael mulconry and michael nwankwo.
I think the two of them definitely are good enough for the squad. Shame to see them good.

Then again ....... we cant believe a word we hear with all the rumours flying about.

cathal
25/08/2004, 3:32 PM
nwanko? leaving. i'd be very disapointed to hear that. the guy has bags of ability and potential- that would be a mistake. i think billy woods could be in a lot of trouble and perhaps kearney?

liamon
25/08/2004, 3:45 PM
nwanko? leaving. i'd be very disapointed to hear that. the guy has bags of ability and potential- that would be a mistake. i think billy woods could be in a lot of trouble and perhaps kearney?
Woods and Kearney are first team regulars at present. Why would they be in trouble?

SSS
25/08/2004, 8:14 PM
[QUOTE=A face]I would hate to lose michael mulconry and michael nwankwo.
I think the two of them definitely are good enough for the squad. Shame to see them good.
QUOTE]

If the list of names in the Echo is accurate I'm most sorry to see Nwankwo go. He has had more appearances that the others and has done well. If he hadn't been ill and lost his place to Kearney he'd be well fixed in the first team now and IMO he's a better bet than Kearney in the longterm in the eL.

I think Mucka is unlucky too. He rarely got a chance. Playing for City meant a lot to this guy - he used to puke before games in his early days(just like Zidane before the peno!) He played a great part in that unforgetable 3-0 demolition of Shels when Summer soccer first came to town and made a big difference when he came on against Derry this season. That his highlights are so far apart in time shows how few chances he had.

The only positive thing out of all this is that it shows that Lennox will act quickly when he needs to, to ensure that the finances stay in check. I think we all believed that he would, but it's good to see evidence of it.

(Speaking of that great 3-0 win - we did that with about four guys out suspended and the likes of Mucka and Warren playing..could we come even close to that with a full team now?!?!)

eastcork
26/08/2004, 8:37 AM
So you would let go one our best performers this season along with Bennett, Doyler and o'brien. Also, do you need reminding that Kearney is an established irish u-21 player. Do you think Cork City will just leave him go for nothing. Wake up Boy!

thecorner
26/08/2004, 10:34 AM
cathal.............not a true fan

if he was he would know about kearney's performances

leave him off....pour soul

Peadar
26/08/2004, 11:23 AM
i think billy woods could be in a lot of trouble and perhaps kearney?

Cathal boy you just keep on digging.
Kearney has been one of the best signings the club have made.
The players released have really only been fringe players.
Gamble is in more danger than Liam.

cathal
26/08/2004, 3:37 PM
cathal.............not a true fan

if he was he would know about kearney's performances

leave him off....pour soul

can't believe you fell for that one :) you just fall for it everytime.

leave him off...poor soul (not pour soul)

thecorner
26/08/2004, 4:41 PM
can't believe you fell for that one :) you just fall for it everytime.

leave him off...poor soul (not pour soul)

cathal

worst again

even u fell for my one :rolleyes: