View Full Version : Waterford & District League 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2

cufc champions
01/08/2012, 8:41 AM
Opening Fixtures for the new league are up on Wjl League republic

Tramore v Carrick to open the league.

celticlads
01/08/2012, 10:37 AM
will tramore be top dogs down there again this year?

balls
01/08/2012, 11:37 AM
Sad to hear waterford bohs have pulled out of waterford premier league. Big club who have had some great underage sides. so many clubs around the country on the brink of folding its scary.

cufc champions
01/08/2012, 1:12 PM
will tramore be top dogs down there again this year?

Yes but will be challenged strongly by Carrick and Saviors

Sad to hear waterford bohs have pulled out of waterford premier league. Big club who have had some great underage sides. so many clubs around the country on the brink of folding its scary.
Very sad to hear but at the same time are they paying for poaching kids from clubs and when they turn Youths they go back to their home clubs over the years.

balls
15/08/2012, 12:49 PM
games off tonight

cufc champions
22/08/2012, 9:34 PM
Opening day results from the Waterford Premier League

Carrick 3 Bohs 0
Ferrybank 0 Crystal 2
Hibs 1 Tramore 2
Saviors 1 Johnville 4
Villa 1 Piltown 0

Galla
23/08/2012, 7:59 AM
That was a big shock at Saviours - Johnville must have strengthened in the summer. Was at the Hibs/Tramore game - Hibs decent side. Tramore just about deserved the win although Hibs bitchin about handball(s) before the winner. Adam was reffin - his technique doesn't help him but really the abuse he gets is wrong - don't know how / why he puts up with it.

cufc champions
27/08/2012, 6:43 AM
Premier Round 2 Results

Johnville 1 Carrick 4
Bohs 2 Waterford Crystal 1
Piltown 1 Saviors 2
Tramore 2 Villa 0
Hibs 0 Ferrybank 0

liamo
27/08/2012, 3:50 PM
Already looking like two horse race.

cufc champions
31/08/2012, 10:28 AM
Only 2 premier fixtures this weekend

Johnville v Villa Sunday 11am

W'ford Crystal v Carrick Sunday 11am

First real test of the season for Carrick although the Glass have being depleted over the years, should stand them in good stead before the Tramore game Sunday week

Galla
04/09/2012, 4:24 PM
First real test of the season for Carrick although the Glass have being depleted over the years, should stand them in good stead before the Tramore game Sunday week
Wasn't really much of a test - Crystal are down to the bare bones by the looks of it. Handy game for young Burke at centre half. A good player but wouldn't see him comfortable against stronger opposition - temporary measure / Daffy to come back?
Lee Grace is a fine player - a bit of the bite associated with Carrick would have him top class. Should be a good game versus Tramore - a title decider already!!

cufc champions
05/09/2012, 4:00 PM
Crystal are down to the bare bones, its sad to see for such a good club. Their 1st Div where in Carrick at the same time as the Premier game and they only had 11. Lee is going to be a top player, he is just out of youths yet in his 3rd season as a Junior player. He is getting fitter and stronger every year.
The clash with Tramore could be a title decider, it will be a great game with both teams going at each other hammer and tongs. I expect a score draw myself.

leedsfan88
05/09/2012, 5:49 PM
Hey guys can you post a list of teams in the league, by full names please. I'm just looking for the proper names of the clubs cheers

cufc champions
05/09/2012, 7:16 PM
Leedsfan

You will everything you need here http://wjl.leaguerepublic.com/

leedsfan88
05/09/2012, 7:42 PM
Leedsfan

You will everything you need here http://wjl.leaguerepublic.com/

Cheers are Villa just called Villa or is there something else to their name? Any former LOI players knocking around the league?

cufc champions
05/09/2012, 8:23 PM
Yes they are known Villa fc. Im sure there is a few at Carrick there is former Waterford United player Mikie Coady and Waterford United u19 Anthony Fitzpatrick, im sure there is loads im leaving out

Galla
10/09/2012, 1:06 PM
A share of the spoils yesterday (1-1). A good game despite the conditions in the 2nd half. Carrick will be the happier of the 2 - Tramore had the best of the chances but poor finishing and a typical Adrian Walsh display had them relying on a deflected shot for their equaliser. Tramore played some nice football but missed Paul Quilty (injured?). Can't see anyone else troubling these two so will probably be winner takes all when the return game in Carrick takes place

Mission Bell
10/09/2012, 2:19 PM
A share of the spoils yesterday (1-1). A good game despite the conditions in the 2nd half. Carrick will be the happier of the 2 - Tramore had the best of the chances but poor finishing and a typical Adrian Walsh display had them relying on a deflected shot for their equaliser. Tramore played some nice football but missed Paul Quilty (injured?). Can't see anyone else troubling these two so will probably be winner takes all when the return game in Carrick takes place

Fair comment - Carrick waiting on a few to come back also.
Top quality performance from Adrian again yesterday.

liamo
22/10/2012, 2:58 PM
Having seen all premier teams at this stage I fully expect it to be a straight battle between Tramore and Carrick.Pity no one else seems capable of mounting a challenge again this year.

green&white
26/01/2013, 7:38 PM
the funeral of Jimmy o`Neill of Waterford Junior League took place today. A true football legend as a player, top class ref , great administrator and most of all a gentleman . He will be missed by all in junior football , may he rest in peace . . .

Galla
08/04/2013, 9:35 AM
Just wipe the cobwebs off this one (and open the floodgates)!!!
Carrick's slip up yesterday makes their clash with Tramore next weekend even more interesting. Both sides are a long way off the standard they'd be expected to be at but nonetheless should be a good one.
Big weekend for Tramore with their youths in Munster final Saturday - a fine side but didn't go well against their opponents last time.
Also some result for the youths inter league team - winning away to Dublin - serious result. I believe they're home to Wexford in final - deserving reward for such a victory.

cufc champions
08/04/2013, 11:18 AM
One thing to come out of Yesterdays game is the Hib's are a fine side and if they keep the squad together, they could compete with Carrick and Tramore next season. Its still in our hands but have tough fixtures Tramore and Johnville at home and away to Hibs and Saviors. Next Sunday will be a belter, no love lost between these two sides over the years, hopefully Starry wont be in his usual centre of the attention mode.

Galla
08/04/2013, 1:06 PM
[QUOTE=cufc champions;1677044]Hib's are a fine side and if they keep the squad together, they could compete with Carrick and Tramore next season.[QUOTE]

Fully agree - they've been improving the last couple of seasons and showed how much they've progressed with almost getting a result in Limerick a few weeks back. Dark horses for the Ardagh cup?
Wouldn't take ref's job for Sunday (or most days to be fair) - Noel Purcell would be my choice

bluemovie
14/04/2013, 12:26 PM
Massive win for Tramore (2-1 in Carrick). 4 points clear, Carrick have 4 left. Tramore away to Villa will be tough next week.

Robin 1
14/04/2013, 1:44 PM
Massive win for Tramore (2-1 in Carrick). 4 points clear, Carrick have 4 left. Tramore away to Villa will be tough next week.
Carrick away to Hibs and ST Saviours in there last 4 games.
Looks like the days of Carrick winning things are over

Galla
15/04/2013, 7:53 AM
Some weekend all round for Tramore - won the Munster youths cup on Saturday. Were deserving winners but did get a very soft penalty for second goal.
As for the days of Carrick winning stuff being over - after best part of 10 years cleaning up all round them there would inevitably be a re-building phase for the team. Another couple of years before they get near challenging for the 2 big trophies but no reason to suggest they won't be in the mix for the local titles - not the same without them stirring it up!!

Robin 1
15/04/2013, 9:16 AM
Some weekend all round for Tramore - won the Munster youths cup on Saturday. Were deserving winners but did get a very soft penalty for second goal.
As for the days of Carrick winning stuff being over - after best part of 10 years cleaning up all round them there would inevitably be a re-building phase for the team. Another couple of years before they get near challenging for the 2 big trophies but no reason to suggest they won't be in the mix for the local titles - not the same without them stirring it up!!

Have Carrick got any players coming true? Some of there older lads look like there coming to the end.

cufc champions
15/04/2013, 12:47 PM
The future is bright for Carrick, a very strong underage set up, this is a team in transition but if you look at yesterdays team our centre half and two centre mids are all 22. As for our days of winning things are over, we are over 10 points clear of 3rd win our last 4 games and we'll lose the league by a point to strongly assembled Tramore side. But what we are lacking is a goal scorer someone who will get you 15 goals a season every season.

Galla
15/04/2013, 1:06 PM
The loss of the two Fitzgeralds is the biggest dent that's been put in the Carrick team and to a slightly lesser extent Alan Ryan & Sconny (?). Goal scorers are always the icing on any cake. First time I've seen the centre half yesterday and he looks handy - Lee Grace getting better all the time.
The two teams should meet again in the 2nd round of the Ardagh - wouldn't write Carrick off for revenge - beware the wounded animal!!

Robin 1
15/04/2013, 2:17 PM
Fitzgearlds are a massive loss. Not to sure about the others.
Carrick had 3 young lads but what age are the rest? And very little coming through from what I have bein told. Youth tam poor?? No U17S?
Tramore i'm sure will add a few more to there squad. They have lost a few to waterford united that will be back for next season
Ardagh Cup will en up with Hibs this year...

Robin 1
15/04/2013, 6:01 PM
2 Fitzgearlds are big loss, Ryan and sconny average.
Carrick have alot of fellas around the 30 mark so there in big trouble. Mid table side over the next few years. Hibs and Villa will be pushing Tramore over the next few years.
Tramore win league this year that will be 3 out of the last 4. Carrick haven't been the dominant force in waterford for the last few years. Hibs are the team to watch.
Hibs for the cup. Tramore will keep winning leagues because of the under age structure and they pay there players???

cufc champions
16/04/2013, 1:40 PM
Fitzgearlds are a massive loss. Not to sure about the others.
Carrick had 3 young lads but what age are the rest? And very little coming through from what I have bein told. Youth tam poor?? No U17S?
Tramore i'm sure will add a few more to there squad. They have lost a few to waterford united that will be back for next season
Ardagh Cup will en up with Hibs this year...
There is no u17 league in Waterford, we have Youth A and B they haven't being great this year. I will give a prediction we will win a Munster Youth Cup within the next 2 years. Mid table in the future after losing 1 game all season we'll see.
Age profile is high but with the likes of Martin Griffin & Dale O'Mahony to step up in the future that would be 5 under 23s in the side.

Robin 1
16/04/2013, 1:50 PM
There is no u17 league in Waterford, we have Youth A and B they haven't being great this year. I will give a prediction we will win a Munster Youth Cup within the next 2 years. Mid table in the future after losing 1 game all season we'll see.
Age profile is high but with the likes of Martin Griffin & Dale O'Mahony to step up in the future that would be 5 under 23s in the side.

So Carrick have a good 15s/16s is it?
In 5 years how many of them will be still playin, in OZ or gone to another club because Carrick have fallin apart because of losing 7 lads that are on the 30 mark having retired. Good days are over and i don't think to many will care because of the way they conduct themselves.
Maybe now is the time to join the Tip League??
Brian Barry will finish up to so carrick are in a right mess.

cufc champions
16/04/2013, 4:19 PM
So Carrick have a good 15s/16s is it?
In 5 years how many of them will be still playin, in OZ or gone to another club because Carrick have fallin apart because of losing 7 lads that are on the 30 mark having retired. Good days are over and i don't think to many will care because of the way they conduct themselves.
Maybe now is the time to join the Tip League??
Brian Barry will finish up to so carrick are in a right mess.
Im not even going to bite, best of luck next season

Robin 1
16/04/2013, 4:39 PM
Not looking for a bite, i take back the Tip league.
Do Carrick not have 7 lads hitting 30 now?
Do you not agree with the carry on of some of your players down true the years. The red head lad wasn't great and then tried to kick young lads?
Hibs, villa are the teams to watch

cufc champions
16/04/2013, 8:10 PM
Not looking for a bite, i take back the Tip league.
Do Carrick not have 7 lads hitting 30 now?
Do you not agree with the carry on of some of your players down true the years. The red head lad wasn't great and then tried to kick young lads?
Hibs, villa are the teams to watch
Probably more than 7 since when is hitting 30 a terrible thing. We have a 40 year old playing, Calf 32 plenty of years left in him, Daffy Gerry, Keith & Power the same.
All teams have had players sent off through out the years, when they deserved bans they got them dont see your point re the red head lad, he played centre mid he was supposed to kick lads at times. Any time he got sent off he mostly deserved and was banned accordingly and cost us in games.
The only conduct down thru the years you should be worrying about is 9 Leagues titles 2 Munster Junior 1 FAI Junior and a Munster Senior we have won and it took the best from town to head to Tramore to knock us.
I think our players are entitled to get old after winning all that.

Robin 1
16/04/2013, 8:21 PM
Fair point, Carrick very strong down the years.I think having a 40 year old playin is a bad reflection on the youth set up. He will have to play until he's 50 by the looks of it.
Have all those carrick lads come true the ranks?? Has some of them played with Clonmel.
Wat have Carrick won in the last 4 years?
Why are they Fitzys finished with the club?Great servants to Carrick
As they say the next medal is the most important. Carrick could still win the league this year and good luck to them

cufc champions
17/04/2013, 11:27 AM
Fair point, Carrick very strong down the years.I think having a 40 year old playin is a bad reflection on the youth set up. He will have to play until he's 50 by the looks of it.
Have all those carrick lads come true the ranks?? Has some of them played with Clonmel.
Wat have Carrick won in the last 4 years?
Why are they Fitzys finished with the club?Great servants to Carrick
As they say the next medal is the most important. Carrick could still win the league this year and good luck to them

There underage set up in Carrick was almost no exisitent 10 years ago but they have built from the ground up and we will see the fruit of it in the next few years Eoghan Burke Lee Grace being the early buds of it.
The Fitzy's are finished playing. A few of our players have played with Clonmel Town, Ian Clery lived in Clonmel now in Carrick, Alan Coady was Rock Rovers in Carrick then to Town. The vast majority of our the Premier and lower league teams are Carrick tru and thru. We have signed some out of Townies to varying sucess Adam McSharry probably being the best of them ahead of Conor Fell and Paddy Dooley (both for one season only). What we haven't done is lose our identity and signed 6/7 players in a close season.
Next medal is the most important hopefully Villa do us a favour Saturday night if not the Ardargh will be the next aim.

Robin 1
17/04/2013, 12:29 PM
Identity?
So by the sounds of things Carrick can sign who they want and it doesn't make any difference. That young centre back u were talkin about came true the ranks??Eoin Burke?? Wouldn't be puttin all my faith in him carrying things
What age is Thomas Fitz. Thought he would have had a lot left in the tank.
Fell certainly fitted in last season.
Can see Johnvile beatin Carrick. Can't see Tramore or Carrick winning all there games.
Would Carrick not get Wayne Fitz involved in some way to.

Blueblaa
17/04/2013, 3:34 PM
Think both can still be beaten this season , the Carrick lad seems to be living in the past the next medal
is what matters but yet cant help going on about old trophies, anyway ill leave ye too that 1 but how great
would it be to see the glass going down , a club with no facilities no pitch and always had a nasty streak
in them be better to see likes of Southend back up in top division ( a good run local club ) .

cufc champions
17/04/2013, 3:48 PM
As far as I know "knickers" played with Southend underage his father is from Carrick and he signed at start of this season but has suffered from injuries.
Burkey is a serious player and for his age has won alot of competitons, I have every faith in him.
You have a serious hang up on the Fitzgeralds, I have no idea what they are doing or are they invovled at any level.

Robin 1
17/04/2013, 5:55 PM
Knickers...
No hang up about the fitzgearlds at all, but you made a point earlier that some of ur players have a lot of years left in them and i'm nearly sure there nearly the same age, so i wouldn't be banking on those lads playin for much longer.
Who will be manager of Carrick next year? From wat i hear alot of the clubs in Waterford are losing there managers.
Nobody wants the hassle anymore. Would you not take the Carrick job?

Robin 1
20/04/2013, 4:39 PM
Villa could open up the league for Carrick tonight with a win V Tramore

Robin 1
21/04/2013, 10:43 AM
Villa 0 Tramore 5

bluemovie
24/04/2013, 10:55 AM
Carrick beat Johnville 2-1 last night to stay in the hunt. Tramore still can't afford a slip-up away to Bohs, home to Crystal. Should do enough to win it though.

As for Carrick being finished, when Coggsy and Franny Rockett left for the Blues a couple of months ago, I was being told Tramore were resigned to not winning the league this season! Carrick are likely to only finish a point behind in the end.

cufc champions
25/04/2013, 9:10 AM
Carrick beat Johnville 2-1 last night to stay in the hunt. Tramore still can't afford a slip-up away to Bohs, home to Crystal. Should do enough to win it though.

As for Carrick being finished, when Coggsy and Franny Rockett left for the Blues a couple of months ago, I was being told Tramore were resigned to not winning the league this season! Carrick are likely to only finish a point behind in the end.

Drawing at home to Hibs really put a spanner in our works, losing to Tramore the way we did meaning losing 5 points lost in 2 home games has probably cost us.
We may not get full points from our last 3 games either away v Saviors and Hibs Home v Villa and I fully expect Tramore to run up a big score against Bohs and squeeze a win past the Glass last day.
The relegation battle is hotting up, Johnville are bottom a point behind Piltown who have a game in hand but have to go to Johnville. Bohs will lose their last two games so if Johnville were to get 4 points and Piltown a win could possibly have a 3 way tie. Boh's are by far and away the worst side this season and could well pay for it.

bluemovie
25/04/2013, 1:01 PM
I wouldn't shed too many tears if Bohs went down after their carry-on at the start of the season (and over the years).

cufc champions
25/04/2013, 1:17 PM
I wouldn't shed too many tears if Bohs went down after their carry-on at the start of the season (and over the years).
Here Here

Robin 1
25/04/2013, 4:50 PM
What did Bohs do at the start of the season?

bluemovie
29/04/2013, 1:36 PM
They threw a hissy fit saying they'd have to pull out of the Premier because a couple of their lads joined Waterford United under 19s. Pathetic stuff. Had no problem putting a team together, but managed to badmouth Waterford United in all the local media. This given their own history of poaching players at every level.

An understrength Carrick lost to Saviours at the weekend so Tramore are 4 ahead with 2 to play. Should seal it at Bohs.