PDA

View Full Version : Match Series 21

Pages : [1] 2

A face
31/07/2012, 8:58 PM
Week 21 - List of Match Officials (http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/8612/week-21---list-of-match-officials/)

Fri 3rd August

Premier Division

Bohemians v Bray Wanderers
Dundalk v Cork City
St. Patrick's Athletic v Derry City
U.C.D v Shamrock Rovers

First Division

Athlone Town v Wexford Youths
Limerick FC v Longford Town
Finn Harps v SD Galway

Sat 4th August

Premier Division

Sligo Rovers v Drogheda United

First Division

Mervue United v Waterford United

Battery Rover
01/08/2012, 8:14 AM
http://www.athlonetownfc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ted300.png

A face
01/08/2012, 9:07 AM
Thats very good actually, fair play to you BR

Battery Rover
01/08/2012, 9:15 AM
Thats very good actually, fair play to you BR

All the work of John O'Sullivan our CEO.

They have become collectors items around the town and we struggle to keep them out there until match days due to people removing them from shops etc.

A face
01/08/2012, 9:30 AM

They have become collectors items around the town and we struggle to keep them out there until match days due to people removing them from shops etc.

Good stuff, hope they get a few more through the turnstiles for ye !!

horton
01/08/2012, 12:38 PM
Not sure when it'll be rearranged for, but we won't be playing St Pats Friday due to them beating the Germans tomorrow night:)

nigel-harps1954
01/08/2012, 2:56 PM
Haven't had a Friday match in a while. Looking forward to it. Should put 3 or 4 past Salthill easy enough.

Mr A
01/08/2012, 2:59 PM

Phase two of the plan: Stop putting the posters around the town, but give a copy to anyone who comes to the game.

gufc2000
01/08/2012, 3:47 PM

How effective have those recent posters been BR? Have ye seen an upturn in crowds?

Battery Rover
01/08/2012, 4:03 PM
How effective have those recent posters been BR? Have ye seen an upturn in crowds?

It is hard to tell at the moment what effect the posters are having on crowds as during June, July and August there are so many people going on holidays every other week and the mid season break kills all momentum that clubs may have had plus Athlone having a 42 day break between home matches at one stage.

One thing the posters have achieved is people are talking about them and getting the club noticed a bit. This is only one of a number of initiatives the club are working on at present and more will be announced and released into the public domain over the coming months. This is only one piece of a huge jigsaw being worked on.

nigel-harps1954
02/08/2012, 1:42 PM
Delighted to hear BR, would be great to see the crowds back in Athlone. Lovely ground but it's thoroughly depressing when that stand is only 1/4 full at times.

Would be great to see the day where they actually need to put up another stand there and finish the ground.

bullit
02/08/2012, 3:00 PM
Dundalk V Cork City,excellent preview here :

http://www.dundalkfc.com/preview-dundalk-out-to-end-winless-streak

brendy_éire
02/08/2012, 8:30 PM
Haven't had a Friday match in a while. Looking forward to it. Should put 3 or 4 past Salthill easy enough.

Aye, what's the craic with the Friday match? Not having to compete with us for the crowds, aye? ;)

Few of us heading down for it, so won't miss out on our Friday night fix.

Sam_Heggy
02/08/2012, 9:00 PM
Aye, what's the craic with the Friday match? Not having to compete with us for the crowds, aye? ;)

The Donegal all Ireland 1/4 final was down to be played on either Sat/Sun this weekend so the club made the decision to switch the game to the Friday to be on the safe side. Imagine how empty Finn Park would be if we were competing with that badwagon? Scary.

nigel-harps1954
03/08/2012, 2:20 AM

Glad to hear a few of ye are heading down. See some real football for a change ;P

A face
03/08/2012, 8:53 AM
Dundalk V Cork City,excellent preview here :

http://www.dundalkfc.com/preview-dundalk-out-to-end-winless-streak

You posted this on another forum as well, handy to keep track of the game tonight ....

There will be full radio commentary on the match from Oriel Park starting @ 7.40 on DundalkFM.
Hit the link near the time http://www.dundalkfm.com/index.php and press "listen live"

thomas72
03/08/2012, 8:59 AM
Huge chance for Limerick tonight to get one hand on the championship but we need to get over freezing at home in big games chance to go six clear of longford and waterford also with a huge goal diff

cornflakes
03/08/2012, 4:39 PM
Athlone/Youths game is off because of a waterlogged pitch

Battery Rover
03/08/2012, 4:54 PM
Athlone/Youths game is off because of a waterlogged pitch

Two hours of severe thunderstorms and a quote from a committee member there "I have never seen anything like it"

atfconline
03/08/2012, 4:59 PM
He mustn't get out much so! But yeah, pretty heavy with lightning right overhead. Still lashing here now.

A face
03/08/2012, 7:47 PM
Bohemians 0
Bray Wanderers 0

Dundalk 0
Cork City 1

U.C.D 0
Shamrock Rovers 1

Limerick FC 0
Longford Town 0

Finn Harps 0
SD Galway 0

A face
03/08/2012, 7:54 PM
Limerick FC 0
Longford Town 0

Two yellows for Longford so far

33'

M. Lee http://cdn3.livescore.com/img/yellow.gif

43'

D. Purdy http://cdn3.livescore.com/img/yellow.gif

A face
03/08/2012, 7:55 PM
Dundalk 0
Cork City 1

3'

N. Horgan http://cdn3.livescore.com/img/yellow.gif

21'

[0 - 1]

I. Turner

28'

S. Duggan http://cdn3.livescore.com/img/yellow.gif

44'

M. OBrien http://cdn3.livescore.com/img/yellow.gif

A face
03/08/2012, 8:00 PM
Glowing reports from the commentators in the Dundlak v City (http://www.dundalkfm.com) game.

Nesta99
03/08/2012, 8:07 PM
1-1 IN Oriel Shanahan

A face
03/08/2012, 8:33 PM
1-1 IN Oriel Shanahan

Looking like a draw at this stage

Limerick v Longford still nil all

A face
03/08/2012, 8:35 PM
Finn Harps two nil up on SD Galway

adamd164
03/08/2012, 8:42 PM
Mother of jesus, coming from a Cork person I know (!) but I was listening to the second half of tonights game out in Croatia on DundalkFM100 and I swear to god I nearly asked some of the locals to translate it for me. Absolutely baffled!

A face
03/08/2012, 8:53 PM
P
W
D
L
GD
PTS

Limerick FC (http://www.extratime.ie/squads/21/)

Longford Town (http://www.extratime.ie/squads/15/)

So its a point extra a piece now 44 and 47 with 21 played, is that right?

Jofspring
03/08/2012, 9:04 PM
No I think extratime.ie table is updated instantly.

Good game in jackman tonight despite the score line. 950ish in attendance.

Nesta99
03/08/2012, 9:09 PM
Oi we shall have nothing said about John and Gussie! They only speak like that on the radio (cough) to confuse corkies boy ;P

nigel-harps1954
03/08/2012, 10:15 PM
Good 2nd half in Finn Park tonight. Poor first half. Poor attendance, but sure we're used to it now.

2 goals from Kevin McHugh, I think he has 10 for the season now which is fantastic considering we're only 5th in the table.

oriel
03/08/2012, 10:18 PM
Mother of jesus, coming from a Cork person I know (!) but I was listening to the second half of tonights game out in Croatia on DundalkFM100 and I swear to god I nearly asked some of the locals to translate it for me. Absolutely baffled!

Some boys aren't they? SERIOUS local accents, incredibly biased but tremendous entertainment when I can't make a home game.

A memorable quote for me was Bohs away, FAI Cup, 2009, replay, they didnt get a media seat, and were in with the crowd, main stand, pen shoot out, one of them says (obv to a fan), 'Will you get out of me fxxxing way.....I cant see'

bullit
03/08/2012, 10:32 PM
Some boys aren't they? SERIOUS local accents, incredibly biased but tremendous entertainment when I can't make a home game.

A memorable quote for me was Bohs away, FAI Cup, 2009, replay, they didnt get a media seat, and were in with the crowd, main stand, pen shoot out, one of them says (obv to a fan), 'Will you get out of me fxxxing way.....I cant see'

My favourite line from them was one from a recent Setanta Cup match v Glentoran.

John Murphy: "Penalty for Glentoran,i didnt see what happened but it defintely wasn't a penalty"

:D

brendy_éire
04/08/2012, 12:58 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Finn Park tonight.
Some great, free flowing football, especially from Harps in the second half.
Somewhat surprised that both teams aren't higher in the League.
McHugh had an awful game, but came away with two goals nonetheless. Reckon the sending off was slightly harsh, not certain it was deliberate.
Maybe it's just because I've been watching Derry all season, but thought it was an exciting game and great advertisement for the League.

Just one negative, is the crowd always so poor?

gufcfan
04/08/2012, 1:23 AM
My favourite line from them was one from a recent Setanta Cup match v Glentoran.

John Murphy: "Penalty for Glentoran,i didnt see what happened but it defintely wasn't a penalty"

One of my faves was when people were deliberately texting in wrong score updates for other matches and he got very upset altogether... :p

Sam_Heggy
04/08/2012, 11:08 AM
McHugh had an awful game, but came away with two goals nonetheless. Reckon the sending off was slightly harsh, not certain it was deliberate.
Maybe it's just because I've been watching Derry all season, but thought it was an exciting game and great advertisement for the League.

Crowd was horrible, usually above 400-500, last night was around 280ish.
That's the joys of the whole county jumping on the Donegal Bandwagon where about 20,000 will probably head from the county to Croker on Sunday. A tenner to Harps on top of the €30 into Croker plus €50 on petrol and maybe another €20 for grub is a bit of a stretch for most people.

We're playing some pretty good football of late, 6 of our under 19's in the squad, 2 making their debuts. All augers well for the future.

Looking forward to the Longford game on Saturday.

nigel-harps1954
04/08/2012, 11:39 AM

Funny enough, we've played much better in other games.

If it wasn't for silly defensive mistakes, I'd have no doubt in my mind whatsoever we'd be pushing with Waterford, Limerick and Longford for promotion.

We've been a different side since Felix Healy left and there's a lot more confidence. At this stage, a 4th place finish would be a nice way to round off a disappointing season.

Crowds have been awful all year, but that was particularly bad last night. Probably our worst crowd of the season.

Nailor
04/08/2012, 1:35 PM
1-1 IN Oriel Shanahan

I heard Lorcan Shannon set the goal up, did he play well?

White Horse
04/08/2012, 2:01 PM
I heard Lorcan Shannon set the goal up, did he play well?

He was quiet when he came on and initially his control of the ball was weak. However, as he got in to it, he started to make very probing runs, taking on more then one defender at a time. Given that he has worked for a very short time with the players, I'd rate his debut very highly. I think he'll get a lot of game time with us, to both our benefit and his.

bullit
04/08/2012, 6:59 PM
Sligo 1 up v Drogs

Quigley

Nesta99
04/08/2012, 7:15 PM
With North out for the season Quigley may be the one to keep sligo on track. He certainly pops up with important goals. Wonder will he still have a boo-boy brigade by seasons end...

Charlie Darwin
04/08/2012, 7:34 PM
2-0 Sligo, Conneely.

nigel-harps1954
04/08/2012, 8:00 PM
Mervue 0-1 Waterford.

Waterford would be 1 point behind Longford if it stays like this. Makes the run-in very interesting. Hopefully Harps can put a spanner in the works over the next 2 weeks, with Longford and Limerick being the next two games for us.

bullit
04/08/2012, 8:29 PM
4-1 to Sligo now,Mervue 0-2 Waterford U is a f/t now.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
04/08/2012, 10:11 PM
Don't know where the goals are going to come from......

Excellent performance from us. I think our 2 best performances this season have been against the Drogs. Maybe Shams at home as well. Hard to see Ventre getting back into that team ahead of Conneely and Cawley

sligoman
04/08/2012, 11:26 PM
Someone said Drogheda are title contenders?

shellyriver
04/08/2012, 11:28 PM
Hard to see Ventre getting back into that team ahead of Conneely and Cawley

Amen...with Cook gone...his number has to be up...with North out Baraclough was forced deploy the most attacking side...the over reliance on North to bail out a ponderous midfield has seen Ventre being left in the side...but with North out Baraclough seems to have been forced to see the light...he dropped Lynch and I just hope Ventre doesn't get a first-team place.. now he has to either drop Gaynor (or put him further up pitch - the man's a total liability) and put Davoren back in [if injury free] and hopefully the Bit-a-Red can take the league...

sligoman
04/08/2012, 11:43 PM
gUMn771-Ezs

bullit
05/08/2012, 12:17 AM
gUMn771-Ezs

The "instant replay" sounds on that video are defo NSFW.The looks i got here !! :D