PDA

View Full Version : RTE petition !!

A face
24/08/2004, 2:24 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/el12004/petition.html

dcfcsteve
24/08/2004, 4:58 PM
Good number of singatures so far. When's the plan to send it in ?

I'd clean it up a wee bit before submitting it though - there's a few joke submissions in there, and a couple of clearly multiple entries from the same people. If you give RTE any vague reason to discredit it, you can be sure they'll use it.....

Good work !

ShelsTim
25/08/2004, 10:48 PM
These petition online things don't do jack. You could go to eL grounds and get an actual petition and send it to them, I'ld say they'd take more notice of that.

adamcarr
26/08/2004, 12:38 AM
here is a mental idea!!!! on tg4 they show the celtic league every year.
would there not be a place on tg4 for eircom league soccer as well.
fair enough you'd have to put up with the irish language which i love but can get annoying when trying to watch a match.
but the viewing figures would be well up problem is you have to give coverage to all the clubs.
the first divison needs to get some coverage as well because its dying on its feet.
ladies football, camogie, aussie rules, celtic league surely a place for eircom league soccer.
its a compromise i think would work.
I emailed TG4 a while back and they were not interested.

padjoe
26/08/2004, 2:21 PM
hey adam man that is shocking.
it takes the **** a bit much because soccer is no longer a foreign sport.
it is ignorance such as tg4 and rte of the eircom league that so many of the public aren't interested in it.
you think tg4 would be able to work with it being a minority itself.
if they both worked then there would be no problem both would benefit if they worked hand in hand.
lets be honest i dont want to watch the galway under 10 blitz live on a saturday.
they have **** all tg4 on a saturday night any way.

ShelsTim
26/08/2004, 6:19 PM
The perfect spot would be where they show those ****e movies in English. Surely a big eL game would get move viewers than that cacamas. And those shagging programmes about some shagging nobody in West Cork and about how he likes to take a **** on the right side of the pot rather than the left. Jesus, who ****ing cares?? I love irish, man it's my heart, but sweet jesus, what are they showing that **** for???? I shall e-mail them today about the eL, I suggest others do the same.