PDA

View Full Version : Morrisson A Doubt...

Peadar
24/08/2004, 11:47 AM
From FAI.ie (http://fai.ie/FAI/Welcome+to+the+FAI%21.htm)
Republic of Ireland striker Clinton Morrison is a doubt for the forthcoming World Cup qualification double header with Cyprus and Switzerland after suffering a knee injury in last week’s 1-1 draw with Bulgaria.

Duffer up front it is then!

carnstien
24/08/2004, 12:20 PM
Duffer up front it is then!
I never thought I'd be disappionted to see Morrison injured, but there you go.

tiktok
24/08/2004, 12:28 PM
it should be lee, it will be Duff :(

Stuttgart88
24/08/2004, 12:28 PM
No harm. I don't think Kerr was ever going to drop him no matter how many chances he misses.

I think a rest will do him good. He's still young and needs a chance to get his confidence back.

Question: Do you think Kerr consults Robbie over who his preferred partner is?

eirebhoy
24/08/2004, 12:58 PM
Question: Do you think Kerr consults Robbie over who his preferred partner is?
I certainly hope so as thats Connolly and Duff out of the question. :)

Just thinking, can you imagine a Swizz or Frenchman scanning through this forum. Given the comments made about Duff up front he'll think we don't rate him at all. :D

tiktok
24/08/2004, 1:00 PM
...can you imagine a Swizz...scanning through this forum.

one of those sticks from the orange and cherry flavoured double-dips is it??? :D :D

Bowsy
24/08/2004, 1:20 PM
I'd go Lee and Robbie up front with Morrison out. Swiss defence look weak in the air IMO. They fell apart when the Russians lumped a few balls in at them Moscow (not that we did great there).

pete
24/08/2004, 1:49 PM
Morrisson is usefless anyway, as long as Robbie fit not too much of a loss.

thecorner
24/08/2004, 3:13 PM
[QUOTE=pete]Morrisson is usefless anyway, QUOTE]

got there before me

went to london for a weekend in april so thought id try out this thing the call the best league in the world

went to fulham vs birmingham and he was useless

constantly kicking air

carnstien
24/08/2004, 3:22 PM
Morrisson is usefless anyway, as long as Robbie fit not too much of a loss.
I think it's the loss of Duff from the left wing that concerns people, not the loss of Morrison up front.

thecorner
24/08/2004, 3:28 PM
I think it's the loss of Duff from the left wing that concerns people, not the loss of Morrison up front.

start macken

call up jason byrne or crowe for cover

thejollyrodger
24/08/2004, 4:26 PM
so clint is injureed... not exactly cornerstone of the team but he does try. Why everyone starts jumping on the "duff up front" bandwagon is beyond me. Its not like he plays any better than clint.

Heres a crazy idea, how about putting one of our best players in his best position and getting someone else like another striker up front. there are a few options, that new english guy might do the job

Fr. Murphy
24/08/2004, 5:20 PM
but he does try. Not hard enough Jolly I'd have my little sister ahead of him. she'd be more committed to the irish cause rather than bling bling. For "BB" win, lose or draw he doesnt care once he's home in time to watch the saxon game. If you haven't noticed im not a fan of Clint.

tiktok
24/08/2004, 6:01 PM
Why everyone starts jumping on the "duff up front" bandwagon is beyond me.

Heres a crazy idea, how about putting one of our best players in his best position and getting someone else like another striker up front

I think you'll find we're resigned to it being Duff up front, most people would prefer to see him on the left

eirebhoy
24/08/2004, 6:47 PM
No harm. I don't think Kerr was ever going to drop him no matter how many chances he misses.
Whatever about Morrison's lack of goals, Keane has scored 4 goals in his last 6 games partnered with Morrison and just 2 goals in his last 6 without Morrison. Also, Clinton is bound to score sometime. :)

Peadar
25/08/2004, 8:23 AM
I think you'll find we're resigned to it being Duff up front, most people would prefer to see him on the left

Took the words right out of my mouth.
We can talk this thing to death but it's not going to change the managers mind. I trust he knows what he's doing.

Tipp Townie
26/08/2004, 10:07 AM
Not hard enough Jolly I'd have my little sister ahead of him. she'd be more committed to the irish cause rather than bling bling. For "BB" win, lose or draw he doesnt care once he's home in time to watch the saxon game. If you haven't noticed im not a fan of Clint.

Utter rubbish i'm afraid Murph, i've not seen many other footballers in the last few seasons put in as much effort match by match as Morrison does for Birmingham and Ireland. He is low on confidence at the moment granted, but pulling on the green jersey gives him a tremendous boost (as it should, of course).

He is rapidly turning into a crowd favourite at Birmingham because of his immense work rate. A very committed footballer imho.