PDA

View Full Version : Match Series 20

A face
26/07/2012, 1:40 PM
Full list of suspensions (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/8573/)

Premier Division

Fri 27

7:45 p.m. Bohemians v Dundalk
7:45 p.m. Cork City v Shelbourne
7:45 p.m. Derry City v Shamrock Rovers
7:45 p.m. Drogheda United v U.C.D

Sun 29

3 p.m. St. Patrick's Athletic v Sligo Rovers

First Division

Fri 27

7:45 p.m. Athlone Town v Limerick FC
7:45 p.m. Waterford United v Finn Harps
8.00 p.m. Wexford Youths v Mervue United
7:45 p.m. SD Galway v Longford Town

A face
26/07/2012, 1:42 PM
7:45 p.m. Cork City v Shelbourne

Match Officials:

Ref. - Padraigh SUTTON
Ass. - D. BROUGHTON
Ass. - R. PIEPER
4th - A. KELLY

bullit
26/07/2012, 1:50 PM
Dundalk will be down to the bare bones for the trip to dalyer. Burns, Osborne, McLaughlin and McDonald all out so far.

Preview-(Welcome back Keith :) )

http://www.dundalkfc.com/preview-dundalk-down-to-bare-bones-for-bohs

corkey121
26/07/2012, 2:13 PM
cork city v shels.
with crowd of over 600 thousands as the rebel army beat man utd select 11 ,fancy city 2 1 .doubts over duggan and kavanagh,

micls
27/07/2012, 1:13 AM
with crowd of over 600 thousands

Wow! We're sorted for years so :D

Charlie Darwin
27/07/2012, 1:48 AM
That is a fantastic attendance to be fair. Surely a record in that part of the country.

nigel-harps1954
27/07/2012, 9:36 AM
That is a fantastic attendance to be fair. Surely a record in that part of the country.

Not too sure about that.

Cork hurlers beat a couple of young fellas who stole a rooster in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1968, attracting a record crowd over over 750 thousand people

*Pretty sure it's from wiki.

Dillonman
27/07/2012, 6:37 PM
extratime.ie down for anybody else?

Dillonman
27/07/2012, 6:37 PM
Dundalk team:

Gavin McLaughlin‏@McLaughlinGavin

@DundalkFC team to play Bohemians: Cherrie; Gaul, Foran, Shields, Murphy; Waters, Mountney, McDonnell, Shanahan, Griffin, Rafter. #Loi

SkStu
27/07/2012, 6:53 PM
Bohs v. Dundalk

Live Text can be found @ http://bfc1890.net/?page_id=12

Live Audio can be found @ http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bfc1890-net-live-audio-commentary

Trainee
27/07/2012, 7:42 PM
Half Time Scores:
Bohemians 2 - 0 Dundalk
Cork City 0 - 0 Shelbourne
Derry City 0 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
Drogheda United 1 - 0 U.C.D
Athlone Town 0 - 0 Limerick FC
Waterford United 1 - 1 Finn Harps
SD Galway 0 - 3 Longford Town

Wexford Youths 0 - 1 Mervue United (8.00 KO)

Gareth
27/07/2012, 7:47 PM
http://extratime.ie/liveupdate/ go to there - homepage is the only page offline and to fix it we'd have to bring the entire site down so not doing that till afterwards : )

Longfordian
27/07/2012, 7:50 PM
Someone needs to have a word with your reporter in Terryland, he's getting very confused with our goalscorers who don't look very alike!

micls
27/07/2012, 8:03 PM
We seem to be well on top, but can't convert any chances

bullit
27/07/2012, 8:08 PM
Someone needs to have a word with your reporter in Terryland, he's getting very confused with our goalscorers who don't look very alike!
LOL,i take it that you jest?

Longfordian
27/07/2012, 8:10 PM
LOL,i take it that you jest?

No, why? It's obviously the Salthill PRO but since he's supposed to be reporting he should at least familiarise with who 's wearing what numbers.

micls
27/07/2012, 8:22 PM
We seem to be well on top, but can't convert any chances

Apparently me posting this led to Shels completely taking over and now dominating the game!

SkStu
27/07/2012, 8:27 PM
1158 at Dalymount. Terrible showing.

micls
27/07/2012, 8:40 PM
2689 at the Cross.

Not a bad week, a total of about 10,000 ticket sales.

Trainee
27/07/2012, 8:52 PM
Results
Bohemians 2 - 1 Dundalk
Cork City 0 - 0 Shelbourne
Derry City 0 - 1 Shamrock Rovers
Drogheda United 1 - 0 U.C.D
Athlone Town 0 - 1 Limerick FC
Waterford United 1 - 1 Finn Harps
SD Galway 1 - 3 Longford Town
Wexford Youths 1 - 2 Mervue United

Limerick for second week in a row score against so called weaker teams score in last few mins to win 1 nil, should be an interesting game next when they play Longford

Big win for Kenny and Rovers tonight, they are still in the title race just, what a time for Sligo to loose North as they play Pats and Rovers away in next few weeks

Longfordian
27/07/2012, 8:57 PM
We're actually better away from home this season. Hopefully we can get something.

thomas72
27/07/2012, 10:54 PM
Pressure on longford next week a LimeRick win would see them go six clear with a huge goal diff Imo that should see us over the line. BUt big games at home is a PROB has been for a few years now. WOeful tonight GOt our chance and scored great finish

Acornvilla
28/07/2012, 12:29 AM
0 pressure, if we win hurray, if we lose its expected

bluewhitearmy
28/07/2012, 12:44 AM
0 pressure, if we win hurray, if we lose its expected

No chance your players feel like that.

SkStu
28/07/2012, 1:13 AM
Interesting form table posted on our message board - the league table minus the games in March...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u20/sonofstan/CustomTable.png

bullit
28/07/2012, 2:28 AM
No, why? It's obviously the Salthill PRO but since he's supposed to be reporting he should at least familiarise with who 's wearing what numbers.

Ahh right,didnt understand,could be annoying alright.

Longfordian
28/07/2012, 3:10 AM
No chance your players feel like that.

I'd agree, they won't be going into the game thinking that they're going to lose and anything else is a bonus. They'll feel they can get something for sure. We may get something too, our best performances seem to come away from home. But, everyone expected Limerick to romp the division at the start and but for your strange apparent phobia of Waterford you would be. If we lose it'll be disappointing definitely but our season would still be on track generally. We looked like we were running out of steam but perhaps the few new additions we made plus our strikers scoring again might give us a boost.

Dalymountrower
28/07/2012, 9:35 AM
Decent open game in Dalymount last night. Bohs should have been out of sight by half time, but fair play to Dundalk for a spirited comeback which almost got them an equalizer from a chance after a bizarre Lino decision flagging for a corner rather than a throw in 10 yards from the corner flag.

legendz
28/07/2012, 9:50 AM
Limerick v Longford should be an interesting game next week. The title and promotion races are hotting up nicely.

Jofspring
28/07/2012, 10:00 AM
Will be a big game alright. If we win that one I think it will be a weight off the shoulders as far as big home games go. We are playing shocking bad though so a huge improvement needed.

bluewhitearmy
28/07/2012, 11:44 AM
Will be a big game alright. If we win that one I think it will be a weight off the shoulders as far as big home games go. We are playing shocking bad though so a huge improvement needed.

Im hoping having Gamble and Bradley back in midfield together will help us out.

nigel-harps1954
28/07/2012, 3:13 PM
Another horrible sending off for Harps last night apparently. Referees don't seem to like us much. Between ridiculous penalty decisions, and sending offs it's just getting annoying.
On another note, a good point in the RSC. Unbeaten down there this season.

nigel-harps1954
28/07/2012, 5:47 PM
Form table in the First Division is quite interesting for the last 6 games compared to the first 2 months of the season.

W D L Pt
Waterford 5 1 0 16
Limerick 5 0 1 15
Longford 3 2 1 11
Finn Harps 1 3 2 6
Mervue 2 0 4 6
Athlone 1 2 3 5
SD Galway 1 1 4 4
Wexford 0 3 3 3

*I'm not good at this whole creating tables malarky. If some mods are able to, feel free to correct this and make it more readable.

Longfordian
28/07/2012, 6:22 PM
Im hoping having Gamble and Bradley back in midfield together will help us out.

Bayly v Bradley could be quite er..competitive.

bluemovie
28/07/2012, 9:51 PM
Another horrible sending off for Harps last night apparently. Referees don't seem to like us much. Between ridiculous penalty decisions, and sending offs it's just getting annoying.

Didn't look a sending off to me or the people around me. I thought it was going to be a free out. Some crazy decisions. Harps well worth at least a point on the night. We were completely thrown off by the absence of Maguire. Very short of strikers in our squad (McSherry and Keane left the club, Kiely on the way back from injury, Walshe out long-term) so we had two midfielders as the makeshift attack. Never really got going so I was happy we didn't make a complete balls of it and still took a point. Could've been worse.

Martinho II
28/07/2012, 10:02 PM
Didn't look a sending off to me or the people around me. I thought it was going to be a free out. Some crazy decisions. Harps well worth at least a point on the night. We were completely thrown off by the absence of Maguire. Very short of strikers in our squad (McSherry and Keane left the club, Kiely on the way back from injury, Walshe out long-term) so we had two midfielders as the makeshift attack. Never really got going so I was happy we didn't make a complete balls of it and still took a point. Could've been worse.

was sean maguire suspended last nite bluemovie?

bluemovie
28/07/2012, 10:04 PM
No. Injured. Picked up a knock in training. Should be ok for next week.

bullit
30/07/2012, 4:53 PM
MNS is on tonight @ 1145 - 0015
.Half-hour show :(

nigel-harps1954
30/07/2012, 9:27 PM
MNS is on tonight @ 1145 - 0015
.Half-hour show :(

Of course, we have to watch an hour of Criminal Minds, can't be missing that.

bluemovie
02/08/2012, 12:45 PM

http://www.bluestid.blogspot.ie/

There's footage of both red card offences here. Harps one is definitely undeserved. Great tackle, but given a second yellow card. Craig Burns second yellow is for the clash with the keeper on the third page under the heading 'Ouch!' It's more plausible to get a booking for this one, but in my view,he had already jumped for a ball he had to go for and collided clumsily with the keeper. Definite free out, but I don't think a second booking was warranted.

Also, the marking for the two goals shows just how bad the First Division is.

nigel-harps1954
02/08/2012, 1:55 PM
Who wrote that piece by the way?

Yes, of course we're disappointed to drop points against a team as mediocre as Finn Harps but all is not lost and our hopes of going up as champions remain intact - at lest for one more week.

Awful line to start with. What's mediocre at Harps compared to Waterford?

Horrid sending off too. Cheers for the link though.

bluemovie
02/08/2012, 2:12 PM
Ha. True. Everything about the division is mediocre (at best) this year. That's not my blog by the way. Just passing on the link.