WESLEY WEBB CUP DRAW -
Sunday 29th July -
Bridge Utd v Newmarket Celtic
Shannon Hibs A v Shannon Olympic A
Monday 30th July -
Shannon Town B v Shannon Hibs B
Shannon Olympic B v Shannon Town A
Times & Venues TBC.

Bridge Utd V Newmarket Celtic is on at 1pm and Hibs A V Olympic A is 2.30pm. 1st game is on in the comp, think the 2nd could be Corrib Drive

fifty50
24/07/2012, 11:33 PM
The comp pitch is dangerous, full of holes!! Pretty poor organising to have it on there

Hibs7772
25/07/2012, 2:31 AM
According to Shannon Town's facebook page the draw is:
WESLEY WEBB CUP DRAW -
Sunday 29th July -
Monday 30th July -
Times & Venues TBC.

Bridge Utd V Newmarket Celtic is on at 1pm and Hibs A V Olympic A is 2.30pm. 1st game is on in the comp, think the 2nd could be Corrib Drive
Hibs A vs Olympic A...handy one for Hibs so:p

old git
25/07/2012, 9:44 AM
According to Shannon Town's facebook page the draw is:
WESLEY WEBB CUP DRAW -
Sunday 29th July -
Monday 30th July -
Times & Venues TBC.

town A V olympic B must be the 3rd year in a row they have met,and the winners of this probally meet winners of HIBS B v TOWN B for a place in the final ah the luck of the draw ;)

Lev Yashin
25/07/2012, 11:43 AM
town A V olympic B must be the 3rd year in a row they have met,and the winners of this probally meet winners of HIBS B v TOWN B for a place in the final ah the luck of the draw ;)

Pure coincidence I'm sure...

gerardkelly
25/07/2012, 11:53 AM

The draw was on last Saturday night in the crossroads. All clubs were invited to attend but the only club to show face were Shannon Olympic. So i hope that buts the draw been a fix to bed. As for were it is on, due to the weather it is on in the comp for the moment but if the weather changes im sure the club will move it back to corrib drive. As with most clubs they all tend to mind there pitches before the season starts.

old git
25/07/2012, 3:22 PM

we always cry fix at every draw but you still have to win your games to get to final and win it.. any truth to rumour you are changing your name to liffordman for the coming season. :D

Lev Yashin
25/07/2012, 9:18 PM
we always cry fix at every draw but you still have to win your games to get to final and win it.. any truth to rumour you are changing your name to liffordman for the coming season. :D

Ya I've decided 23 years is long enough with Shannon Town.... gonna try the Clare league been training with lifford and enjoying it.
Hard to leave but but felt it was right.

old git
25/07/2012, 9:51 PM
Ya I've decided 23 years is long enough with Shannon Town.... gonna try the Clare league been training with lifford and enjoying it.
Hard to leave but but felt it was right.

jaysus 23 years you should have used shannontownman as your name that was some loyalty to them in this day of players jumping clubs to clubs best of luck for the season and hope you enjoy your new challange .

Buzzer
29/07/2012, 2:18 PM
Bridge United 3 - 0 Newmarket Celtic

fifty50
29/07/2012, 5:05 PM
Hibs and olympic finished nil all, olympic won 6-5 on pens. I presume hibs were short 5 or 6 starters??

Hibs7772
29/07/2012, 5:28 PM
Hibs and olympic finished nil all, olympic won 6-5 on pens. I presume hibs were short 5 or 6 starters??
Might as well have been short 5-6 starters with most of the team having been out on the Pi*s the night before haha

fifty50
29/07/2012, 5:48 PM
Who actually was missing? Andy fitz and brian mcgorian, anyone else?

Hibs7772
30/07/2012, 1:48 AM
Who actually was missing? Andy fitz and brian mcgorian, anyone else?
Keeper Finton as well, that's it I'm pretty sure

dirtfree
30/07/2012, 9:23 AM
Might as well have been short 5-6 starters with most of the team having been out on the Pi*s the night before haha

Was that not a 2.30 game .. Surely lads would have been ok by then unless ye party it up way harder in shannon than anywhere else.. Is Derek Byrne playing this year?? Good player ..

Hibs7772
30/07/2012, 2:23 PM
Was that not a 2.30 game .. Surely lads would have been ok by then unless ye party it up way harder in shannon than anywhere else.. Is Derek Byrne playing this year?? Good player ..
Well it was robbie walls babys christening as far as i know so there was a few sick heads. Yeah i think Derek is joining us after the gaa season finishes

Lev Yashin
30/07/2012, 8:49 PM
Monday 30th July -
Times & Venues TBC.

Any results from tonight's matches??

Hibs7772
31/07/2012, 12:49 AM
Any results from tonight's matches??
Shannon Town B 1-3 Shannon Hibs B

Shannon Olympic B 0-4 Shannon Town A

So i was told...

fifty50
31/07/2012, 1:07 AM
Shannon town had a very young team out was impressed with sean burke and pa mcmahon in the middle two good players. I make it they played 8 teenagers tonight..

Hibs7772
31/07/2012, 2:28 AM
Shannon town had a very young team out was impressed with sean burke and pa mcmahon in the middle two good players. I make it they played 8 teenagers tonight..
yeah I heard Pa mcmahon in particular had a good game, neither of them will be near the first 11 come kick off in 1A though will they?

old git
31/07/2012, 9:53 AM
yeah I heard Pa mcmahon in particular had a good game, neither of them will be near the first 11 come kick off in 1A though will they?

why not ?? you have to play them at some stage

fifty50
31/07/2012, 10:23 AM
From what ive seen they look the best partnership so far, great composure for such young lads

old git
31/07/2012, 3:28 PM
From what ive seen they look the best partnership so far, great composure for such young lads

give them a chance !! one game against a division 3 team playing their first game of the season might be alot harder against better players.

Hibs7772
31/07/2012, 3:29 PM
why not ?? you have to play them at some stage
Just thought The town would have some more experienced players starting in the middle if they are looking to get promoted but if your good enough your old enough, have never seen pa play personally.

francescoli
31/07/2012, 3:45 PM
When are the semi-finals on does anyone know?

Lev Yashin
31/07/2012, 4:12 PM
Just thought The town would have some more experienced players starting in the middle if they are looking to get promoted but if your good enough your old enough, have never seen pa play personally.

I would assume that Evan Glynn will be playing alongside either Gary O'Connell ,Brian Power(if he is playing this year) or Stephen Monaghan but that said I havent seen the younger fellas so maybe they will start...

fifty50
31/07/2012, 5:17 PM
Im praising the lads, like whats already said if you good enough your old enough

fifty50
31/07/2012, 5:18 PM
And the semis are hibs b v town a and bridge v olympic a

Side Cutter
01/08/2012, 7:37 AM
When are the semi-finals on does anyone know?
First semi on tonight, Shannon town A v Hibs B. Both teams played on monday. Olympics game with the bridge switched to tomorrow. Surely they could have played both games tomorrow??

Side Cutter
01/08/2012, 7:41 AM
The draw was on last Saturday night in the crossroads. All clubs were invited to attend but the only club to show face were Shannon Olympic. So i hope that buts the draw been a fix to bed. As for were it is on, due to the weather it is on in the comp for the moment but if the weather changes im sure the club will move it back to corrib drive. As with most clubs they all tend to mind there pitches before the season starts.

Shannon town ladies were playing there last night. Pitch is fine

gerardkelly
01/08/2012, 8:42 AM
Shannon town ladies were playing there last night. Pitch is fine

Yes they were playing last night & the girls under 12's & 16's were there on Monday night. On Sunday the a team were on in corrib drive against Leeside from Cork. I'm not on the committee but they played it on in the comp this year & that was they choice that the club made. The was not that bad anyway im sure most people have played on alot worse. As for the game on tomorrow it is due to the death of Ronan O Conner who is been buried today. May he rest in pease

old git
01/08/2012, 9:40 AM
Yes they were playing last night & the girls under 12's & 16's were there on Monday night. On Sunday the a team were on in corrib drive against Leeside from Cork. I'm not on the committee but they played it on in the comp this year & that was they choice that the club made. The was not that bad anyway im sure most people have played on alot worse. As for the game on tomorrow it is due to the death of Ronan O Conner who is been buried today. May he rest in pease

I remember not so long ago teams were moaning about playing in corrib drive :D , club were right to try and protect their main pitches with new season starting in a few weeks and as you said the comp pitch is not that bad. will the final still be on Friday night now. still shocked to hear of ronan passing away he was a good olympic man who i played against a few times in wesley webb may he rest in peace.

Side Cutter
01/08/2012, 11:12 PM
Exactly. Why was there a game on the day of the burial? Play both games on thursday. Problem solved. Horrible stuff from shannon town.

dirtfree
03/08/2012, 9:54 AM
Watched the semi final last night the bridge club are a disgrace their manager going on to the field after the penalty shoot out and jostling the ref because of a decision that went against them.. The poor ref must be 70 years of age.. I would hope the bridge club would have a look at this internally and get rid of said manager ..he's a disgrace doing this in a pre season memorial tournament .. Shocking stuff

old git
03/08/2012, 11:47 AM
Watched the semi final last night the bridge club are a disgrace their manager going on to the field after the penalty shoot out and jostling the ref because of a decision that went against them.. The poor ref must be 70 years of age.. I would hope the bridge club would have a look at this internally and get rid of said manager ..he's a disgrace doing this in a pre season memorial tournament .. Shocking stuff

pat o brien the ref wont be happy to be called a 70 year old :D

referee made a shocking call during penalty shoot 0ut made olympic re-take saved penalty as keeper had moved off line it looked like referee was the only one to see keeper move of line. ( both keepers were guilty of moving of line before & after re-take)and nothing was done by referee)they scored re-take and went on to win penalties.. but agree with you no excuse for bridge manager to get involved with referee in a tournament.

dirtfree
03/08/2012, 11:52 AM
Wasn't sure what age he was was just told that last night.. I agree both keepers were off their lines but in fairness it only get pulled up when a keeper saves one.. Regardless a very cowardly thing to do from bridge manager .. I hope ref reports him

fifty50
03/08/2012, 12:18 PM
I was waiting for this to be posted, both parties might have over reacted but it was the referee who got aggressive, he was a joke and was told so. I think its all being over exaggerated and blown out of proportion.

dirtfree
03/08/2012, 1:24 PM
Typical reply from a bridge man.. Can you not just admit your manager was out of order.. Did the ref go over and approach the manager ?? NO .. Did the ref jostle the manager with his shoulder ?? NO..ya the ref retaliated , who wouldn't ?? That manager is a disgrace to the game.. Didn't he get sent off a few times last year too in Clare .. Ya the ref made a few bad calls but what ref doesn't .. It was a memorial tournament so why over react ..

fifty50
03/08/2012, 2:16 PM
Why did the bridge manager approach the ref?? To give him his flag and to pay him...it was the ref who got aggressive and started jostling the bridge manager. Not the other way round so keep your biased nose out of it.

dirtfree
03/08/2012, 2:43 PM
Who You telling to keep his nose out of it.. I was there too and I clearly saw your manager jostling him.. I just hope for the sake of a memorial tournament that the bridge are thrown out of it now.. They are a disgrace

old git
03/08/2012, 2:50 PM
Who You telling to keep his nose out of it.. I was there too and I clearly saw your manager jostling him.. I just hope for the sake of a memorial tournament that the bridge are thrown out of it now.. They are a disgrace

they are already out of tournament ?? what more do you want done to them ? things happen in the heat of the moment and usually be forgoten after game is over best to move on and forget about it.

dirtfree
03/08/2012, 3:13 PM
I agree old git lets move on but just stupid your man coming on saying the ref started it.. who will win the final .. I ain't watching it in this weather

old git
03/08/2012, 9:22 PM
I agree old git lets move on but just stupid your man coming on saying the ref started it.. who will win the final .. I ain't watching it in this weather

final finished 1-1 olympic led at half-time and town fought back in 2nd to half to equalise. town won it on penalties olympic missed 3 pens . think thats 3 in a row now for shannon town.

MikeBassett
03/08/2012, 10:31 PM
think thats 3 in a row now for shannon town.

That's some achievement in fairness :rolleyes:

studsup
03/08/2012, 10:41 PM
That's some achievement in fairness :rolleyes:

Hang on there MikeBassett did your own club not win it in 2010 or have you forgotten?

Hibs7772
04/08/2012, 1:45 AM
final finished 1-1 olympic led at half-time and town fought back in 2nd to half to equalise. town won it on penalties olympic missed 3 pens . think thats 3 in a row now for shannon town.
Who got the goals for both teams? Did Shannon town have another young side out? Did the likes of pa mcmahon, sean burke or dave mcparland play?

DSMALL1
04/08/2012, 2:55 PM
Yeah all three played, seriously young side. Pa mc mahon is one serious talent.

old git
04/08/2012, 9:38 PM
Yeah all three played, seriously young side. Pa mc mahon is one serious talent.

don't get carried away and put extra pressure on a young player dont forget he played 3 games against 0lympic b / hibs b /olympic a him and town will meet alot of stronger opposition over the coming season and we have had alot of serious young players over the years who have failed to progress at junior level but i hope they kick on as we need the young lads of all the teams to keep trying to raise the standards of soccer in shannon.

DSMALL1
05/08/2012, 1:59 AM
Don't think I'm getting carried away, nothing wrong with saying a 17 year old is a serious talent..... ??