PDA

View Full Version : Rockmount

amarach
23/08/2004, 6:10 PM
I was out at the Rockmount v Monaghan match yesterday they were excellent, pure class

I see Pat Dolan was out there watching them too, obviously looking at maybe potential players as he was at their game too last Monday night

In fairness they deserve a clap, they're doing very well these past two years, I can see them going far, especially if they get the likes of Kildare or Athlone in the quarters

I was up in Dublin at the Bohs v Kildare match too, Bohs were pathetic a bloody disgrace, I'd like to see Derry hammering Shel's saturday night and then they get drawn to play Rockmount, as they played them a few year's back and beat Rockmount I'm sure it was 7-0 but I'd say Rockmount will give them a run for their money this time round, they're on fire at the moment, of course I love Derry but I love Rockmount too so I'd be glad of any score in this one ;)

Fair_play_boy
23/08/2004, 6:32 PM
Welcome to the forum, Amarach.
Good to see people joining who have an interest in the game for itself.

tiktok
23/08/2004, 7:28 PM
jesus amarach, that was a busy footballing weekend :D

amarach
24/08/2004, 8:36 AM
I actually went to Dublin to see the Shels v Derry, but you know us woman, when the hair is done nothing will get us out in the rain :rolleyes: , it was very bad weather up there so I waited in the hotel for the results, lol, ah my boy enjoyed it more with the lads anyway :p

All in a day's work lads lol :)

Rockmount will go far especially if they get the likes of Athlone or Kildare in the quarters, they're playing well, they just need to get the support, they had a great crowd Sunday but I'd say there would have been alot more people there if it wasn't raining so much, so take your hands out of your pockets and try support them in the quarters, since Cork city are out and Cobh ramblers, Rockmount should be getting the support they deserve, do you all agree with me, :)

cathal
24/08/2004, 10:04 AM
I actually went to Dublin to see the Shels v Derry, but you know us woman, when the hair is done nothing will get us out in the rain :rolleyes: , it was very bad weather up there so I waited in the hotel for the results, lol, ah my boy enjoyed it more with the lads anyway :p

All in a day's work lads lol :)

Rockmount will go far especially if they get the likes of Athlone or Kildare in the quarters, they're playing well, they just need to get the support, they had a great crowd Sunday but I'd say there would have been alot more people there if it wasn't raining so much, so take your hands out of your pockets and try support them in the quarters, since Cork city are out and Cobh ramblers, Rockmount should be getting the support they deserve, do you all agree with me, :)

how did pat play for rockmount?

GavinZac
24/08/2004, 11:20 AM
c'mon da norries :D

amarach
24/08/2004, 2:08 PM
Pat Olden? Pat Keane?

Well Pat Olden was injured Pat Keane had a great game but in fairness they all had, can't say anything against any of them, they'll be more player's in the quarter's as they had a few player's still on hols and some of their new signings were only signed 12 day's so they couldn't play them cos for cups it's 14 day's you've to be signed isn't it??

So they'll have a stronger team for the quarter's, they'll do very well !!

Fair_play_boy
24/08/2004, 2:14 PM
. . . Rockmount should be getting the support they deserve, do you all agree with me
Please post a thread with the details of venue, date and time of game etc.

amarach
24/08/2004, 2:20 PM
The draw isn't until next Monday night because of replay's eg. Derry v' Shels saturday night and also Rover's v Longford tonight, so I'll get them on here as soon as I know, they'll be live on RTE news Monday at 6, well about 6.26 on the sports section of the news

Rockmount were told if they get a home game they can play in Turner's Cross but none of the lads want this as that's their home game advantage taken from them which you can understand so it'll be played in Rockmount park if they do get drawn at home

They deserve the support of all Corkconians since they are the only Cork team left in this, so support all round please guy's and girls :)

Fair_play_boy
24/08/2004, 2:22 PM
. . . it'll be played in Rockmount park if they do get drawn at home
Ashamed to admit it as a Cork man, but how do I get to Rockmount Park?

Peadar
24/08/2004, 2:25 PM
Rockmount were told if they get a home game they can play in Turner's Cross but none of the lads want this as that's their home game advantage taken from them which you can understand so it'll be played in Rockmount park if they do get drawn at home

What's the capacity up there?
Turners Cross can be a "home" venue if they have a good following.

thecorner
24/08/2004, 2:35 PM

they are gonna play it on their own patch instead of going for the pay day, best chance of catching a team out as well
maybe one of our dublin neighbours should have tried that as well in europe ;)

Peadar
24/08/2004, 2:38 PM
maybe one of our dublin neighbours should have tried that as well in europe ;)

24,000 people through the gates and a 0-0 draw!?
Shels will learn from that mistake!

thecorner
24/08/2004, 2:48 PM
they will when they get whipped tonight :D

amarach
24/08/2004, 3:57 PM
Rockmount park is out in Whitechurch, I'm bad with directions, out past Dublin Hill......your best to get directions from someone else sorry, I've no concept of direction

Ya they want to play at home, if they play in Turner's cross as I've said already they're loosing the home game advantage :ball:

They'll get great support, they had a good few hundred turn up when they played Bluebell in the final of the intermediate cup, you know how it is when important games come up people come out of the wood worm to support the team, which I don't see anything wrong with, so come along and support them, all us corkonians should stand behind them on this one ;)

amarach
24/08/2004, 4:00 PM

There's no sitting or stands in Rockmount park, just bars for ya to rest against but so feck, who cares about our comforts at the end of the day it's what the lads are comfortable with and they want to play at Rockmount park well that's if they're drawn at home :)

sullanefc
24/08/2004, 10:12 PM
Fair play to Rockmount btw. Doing well in the cup. Imagine if they were playing summer soccer :eek: