PDA

View Full Version : Keane could be in Spurs' squad for Wedensday!

eirebhoy
23/08/2004, 3:02 PM
http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?hlid=221506

Robbie Keane could be back in the squad for Wednesday's Premiership trip to West Brom.
However, on the down side, Fredi Kanoute is struggling with a thigh injury.

Irish star Robbie has been out since damaging ankle ligaments in a friendly against Rangers on July 28.

But his rehabilitation is ahead of schedule and Head Coach Jacques Santini revealed that he is almost back to full fitness in training.

"Robbie may be in the squad but I will wait until our final training session on Tuesday for both him and Fredi," said Jacques at this afternoon's pre-West Brom press conference at Spurs Lodge.

"Robbie is training at 90 per cent. His fitness is good, the injury is finished and it is now about when he plays his first match. I will talk to our medical staff and Robbie tomorrow and then decide.

"Fredi didn't train today with a thigh injury. It is not a big injury but perhaps he is 50-50 for our game on Wednesday."

-------------------------

He's 90% fit which means he will definitely play some part in Spurs' weekends match (I'll eat my hat if he doesn't). The Cyprus match is just under 2 weeks away so will be fit for that. Great news. :)

Paulie
23/08/2004, 4:29 PM
As Mr. Burns would say - "Eeeexcellent.....it's all falling into place".

thejollyrodger
24/08/2004, 4:03 PM
yeah i posted this on another board. great news for ireland, we should get a win against cyprus looking at the squad now providing there is no major injuries

Littlest Hobo
25/08/2004, 10:23 AM
I can smell a Robbie special on the horizon. The swiss won't know whats hit em :D

Littlest Hobo
25/08/2004, 10:25 AM
Also good to hear Clinton is a doubt. Should give Lee the chance to partner Robbie up front

Condex
25/08/2004, 12:30 PM
I can smell a Robbie special on the horizon. The swiss won't know whats hit em :D

Wouldn't go overbaord, I can remember the last time in Basel with Keane also just back from injury, he had a very poor game.

thejollyrodger
25/08/2004, 12:38 PM
he is only about 90% fit and has missed loads of games... if we get 2 (1-0) wins we will be doing very well !!