PDA

View Full Version : todays echo.ken o connor at it now

thecorner
23/08/2004, 1:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ken o connor gives his verdict on players so far this season,not that we give a sh!t what he thinks but he seems have to jumped on the fenn-hating bandwagon

devine 7/10
lordan 7/10
murphy 8/10
woods 7/10
murray 6/10
bennet 7/10
o brien 9/10
kearney 7/10
doyler 8/10
nwanko 7/10
fenn 5/10
georgie 6/10
flynny 7/10
behan 6/10
sweeney 6/10

now how the fcuk he manages to rate woods,murray,nwanko,flynny,behan and sweeney better than fenn this season,ill never know

what a fcuking @sshole

the rag has came up trumps again

Fair_play_boy
23/08/2004, 2:00 PM
Ah, it is all relative. Colin obviously impresses him. TBH, his work rate and battling be-everywhere attitude probably earns that high score. :)

pete
23/08/2004, 2:06 PM
now how the fcuk he manages to rate woods,murray,nwanko,flynny,behan and sweeney better than fenn this season,ill never know

Was gonna say maybe he only seen Euro games but Fenn was better in thsoe than league.

:rolleyes:

max power
23/08/2004, 2:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ken o connor gives his verdict on players so far this season,not that we give a sh!t what he thinks but he seems have to jumped on the fenn-hating bandwagon

devine 7/10
lordan 7/10
murphy 8/10
woods 7/10
murray 6/10
bennet 7/10
o brien 9/10
kearney 7/10
doyler 8/10
nwanko 7/10
fenn 5/10
georgie 6/10
flynny 7/10
behan 6/10
sweeney 6/10

what a fcuking @sshole

the rag has came up trumps again

its called his point of view, everyone is entitled to it, if everyone agreed all the time what would the point of debate :confused:

is there anywhere on line i can read his stuff to get a feel of what he view on city is, heard it being talked about but haven't seen it.

thecorner
23/08/2004, 2:11 PM
its called his point of view, everyone is entitled to it, if everyone agreed all the time what would the point of debate :confused:

if u ever read the echo you would know that one of our "proud :eek: " sponsors love to diss the club

max power
23/08/2004, 2:14 PM
if you sponsor a club, then you expect a return on your investment in the form of sucess.....unlike other sponsors the echo have the means to let their feelings be known......

if you read these boards not all comments are positive, why should the echo's be....just a thought. but saying that, i can't remember our local paper being negative about de town.

Colm
24/08/2004, 12:42 AM
Max power, why do you care so much? Why are you so obsessed with the mighty Rebel Army?

As for Ken O'Connor's comments, the muppet obviously hasn't a clue what he's talking about. I don't think he was at any of the away games games in Europe so he didn't see any of Fenny's magnificent performances. Therefore he does not really have right to comment.
Fair play Neale Fenn, you've done well since signing for City, keep up the good work and fcuk the begrudgers!

patsh
24/08/2004, 7:20 AM
With the exception of the bit about Fenn, I actually thought the piece was pretty good and fairly accurate.

He is completely off the mark about Neil, but the rest isn't too bad.

GavinZac
24/08/2004, 11:23 AM
fenn was taken off, right? so he got a lower mark cause everyone else played mroe than him. is it that hard to understand?

Colm
24/08/2004, 11:31 AM
fenn was taken off, right? so he got a lower mark cause everyone else played mroe than him. is it that hard to understand?

It was a rating for the season as a whole not just for the other nights game.

GavinZac
24/08/2004, 11:32 AM
well then fenn was shocking at the start of the season, i know he was settling in but actually performance wise he wasnt worth a 6. since just before europe he's come on an awful lot.

cathal
24/08/2004, 11:38 AM
why all the hostility to the echo/examiner reporters. i don't get either paper but what are they saying that a few here don't like. is it just a case that some persons here don't like anyone other than themsleves having a opinion? (just curious, before i get any more cwap from eanna et al) :D

City Hero
24/08/2004, 12:37 PM
How did Ken O'Connor manage to come up with all these ratings and not include John O'Flynn. How can you give a rating for Sweeney, Nwanko, Behan & co (players who have managed about 90 mins each on the pitch all season), and give Fenn a score of 5 and not rate John O'Flynn. Was he afraid to use a number lower than 5? Even Joe Gamble should have been included based on minutes played over some of the above.

patsh
24/08/2004, 12:48 PM
fenn was taken off, right? so he got a lower mark cause everyone else played mroe than him. is it that hard to understand?Can you read?

GavinZac
24/08/2004, 1:02 PM
Can you read?

no, im using a voice recognition / text-reading device. no wonder they have me writing for ucc newspaper.

patsh
24/08/2004, 1:46 PM
no, im using a voice recognition / text-reading device. no wonder they have me writing for ucc newspaper.Explains why you don't understand what is written in the Echo so......

Fair_play_boy
24/08/2004, 2:20 PM
why all the hostility to the echo/examiner reporters. i don't get either paper but what are they saying that a few here don't like. is it just a case that some persons here don't like anyone other than themsleves having a opinion? (just curious, before i get any more cwap from eanna et al) :D
Have a look at recent issues of the echo and all will become clear. In particular, have a look at an article by a guy called daly about a week after the Nijmegen game.

thecorner
24/08/2004, 2:22 PM
by a guy called daly

WHO??? :D :D