PDA

View Full Version : Starting 11

Eh Weh
23/08/2004, 1:15 PM
Just wanted your opinions on what our starting 11 should be. For me there are 5 players who have to start these being Given, Cunningham, Duff, Keane and Keane. I dont think theres a big difference between Carr and Finnan both can outperform each other on their day. The same in central defence O'Brien, Breen, Dunne, Doherty are all around the same level afaik. At left back were pretty weak in my opinion, if O'Shea wasnt playing for United youd wonder if hed be there. Harte isnt to great either though. Maybe play Finnan at left back. In mid youve obviously got Keane in the centre, id put Kilbane in there with him. Out left id play Reid and right id play Duff. Up front obviously Keane and probably Macken or Lee, Morrison just isnt up to it, hes had his chance.
So my team would be
Given

Carr Cunningham O'Brien Finnan

Duff Keane Kilbane Reid

Keane Lee/ Macken

tiktok
23/08/2004, 2:01 PM
The same in central defence O'Brien, Breen, Dunne, Doherty are all around the same level afaik

wouldn't agree with that at all. I think O'Brien has the egde, he plays with a stronger team, gets his game despite stronger opposition, and he's played lots of European football at club level. Add to that the fact that we've not conceeded in his last three appearances and he's far ahead of the others.

As for the team

Given
Carr O'Brien Cunningham O'Shea
Reid Keane Kilbane Duff
Keane Lee

for me, although I change my mind every time someone else puts in a good performance :D

Stuttgart88
23/08/2004, 2:32 PM
Totally agreed Tiktok. That's eaxctly the XI I went with on another forum this morning.

There's also a 20 line explanation of this selection which I won't bore you all with!