PDA

View Full Version : Supporting Limerick FC Survey for Masters Thesis.

Jofspring
20/07/2012, 12:48 AM
A lad has asked me to see if I can get as many Limerick FC fans to take part in a brief online questionnaire investigating the beliefs and experiences of Irish soccer and rugby fans for a masters thesis he is completing in UL. It will involve reading some information about Limerick FC and completing questions on Limerick FC and your own well-being.

With plenty of fans on this that have been around the block with Limerick FC I thought this would be the best place to get a few of ye to take part if interested.

Participation takes around 10-15 minutes

It is entirely voluntary (i.e. you can stop participation atany time during the questionnaire)

If you would like to take part, or would simply like to read a more detailed information sheet before deciding whether or not to take part,please click on the relevant link below:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/968281/An-investigation-into-the-beliefs-and-experiences-of-sports-fans-copy-July-1-2012

Cheers lads,

Jof.

mrman
20/07/2012, 9:22 AM
I went in and done the survey, i was completely honest up to the second page, from there on I just put everything as A, as this survey is nothing to do with Limerick fc and the questions are stupid and childish, tell him to ask some grownup relevant questions and Ill answer them honestly, Lads don't waste your time doing the survey.

Jofspring
20/07/2012, 9:45 AM
I went in and done the survey, i was completely honest up to the second page, from there on I just put everything as A, as this survey is nothing to do with Limerick fc and the questions are stupid and childish, tell him to ask some grownup relevant questions and Ill answer them honestly, Lads don't waste your time doing the survey.

There is an e-mail there and the two doing the surveys names so why not throw your questions to them if you have a problem with the survey like they ask. They also say you can stop doing the survey whenever you want if you don't like the questions asked. Only threw it up as a favour to the lad.

NeverFeltBetter
20/07/2012, 3:04 PM
I do hate it when academic surveys ask the same questions over and over again with slightly different wording.

ped_ped
20/07/2012, 9:39 PM
In my experience many if not most academic surveys do this. There must be a reason for it, though.

And I'd hardly call the questions childish.

gael353
20/07/2012, 11:19 PM
once i saw it had nothing to do with limerick fc/sport i stopped doing it

osarusan
21/07/2012, 12:55 AM
The questions are repeated in different wording to deal with different kinds of bias which are usually evident in surveys, especially acquiescence bias and social desirability bias (less of an issue in an online survey).

mrman
21/07/2012, 5:10 PM
heres the first question, how is this about sport ffs

Agriculture has always been very important to Ireland, but so too is the natural habitat and landscape of the country. As such, legislation relating to farming and to land in particular is very pertinent. Recent proposals under the ‘Planning and Development (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations’ of 2011 will require farmers to apply for planning permission for drainage of wetlands, while the reclamation of farmland will in some instances require the approval of the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. Wetlands are marshes, fens, bogs and swamps. Once disregarded as wastelands, these unique habitats are host to a great diversity of plants and animals. We are losing our wetlands at an alarming rate. Between 1990 and 2006, it is estimated that there has been a 10% decrease in area covered by wetlands in Ireland (CORINE). – Information drawn from the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government and the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.

Please write a few sentences summing up the key points of the paragraph you just read

osarusan
21/07/2012, 11:25 PM
heres the first question, how is this about sport ffs

Please write a few sentences summing up the key points of the paragraph you just read

If you'd finished the survey you would have seen a notice explaining why you'd been asked the questions about farming, as well as all the 'stupid and childish'questions you mentioned.

The writers of the survey couldn't tell you about this before you started the survey, or it would have influenced the answers you gave.

mrman
22/07/2012, 6:52 PM
If you'd finished the survey you would have seen a notice explaining why you'd been asked the questions about farming, as well as all the 'stupid and childish'questions you mentioned.

The writers of the survey couldn't tell you about this before you started the survey, or it would have influenced the answers you gave.

calm down calm down, you'll give yourself a hernia