PDA

View Full Version : Things that should be banned at gigs...

Pat O' Banton
21/08/2004, 10:40 AM
People holding up their mobile phones so that their mates can hear
the concert. Quite frankly if I couldn't get to a gig that I really wanted to see the last thing that I would want is some 'friend' ringing me up just to torture me by showing off that they are at the gig.
That and over priced ropey lager.
Any thing else really annoys people?

gustavo
21/08/2004, 11:23 AM
The D4 accent as practiced by Micheal McMullan , Tom Dunne , Craig Doyle and most radio news and weather presenters :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ruairi
21/08/2004, 11:52 AM
i hate tall people at gigs. they always seem to stand in front of me, the b@stards. that and really, really drunk people, who try to jump up and end up just bumping into people around them. then they try to get you to sing and stuff and take it personally when you won't. it's like "fcuk off, I'm here to watch a band you git, go somehere else please".

that's why i don't go to many gigs, too small and sober....

sylvo
21/08/2004, 1:51 PM
People holding up their mobile phones so that their mates can hear
the concert. Quite frankly if I couldn't get to a gig that I really wanted to see the last thing that I would want is some 'friend' ringing me up just to torture me by showing off that they are at the gig.
That and over priced ropey lager.
Any thing else really annoys people?

That fcuker last night with the picture phone when ''Monkey's gone to heaven'' was playing was doing my head in. Picture phone's should be banned.

Plus can's of Stella should be banned, missed a few gig's thank's to that, even though I was there @ the time. :confused:

the 12 th man
21/08/2004, 11:23 PM
Plus can's of Stella should be banned, missed a few gig's thank's to that, even though I was there @ the time. :confused:

at your age sylvo i thought you would be able to pace yourself :rolleyes:

going off topic (i know you wont mind).
well done,great win against bohs :cool:

p.s. i still might get to make my return trip to stadio via stazione :D

sylvo
23/08/2004, 1:49 PM
at your age sylvo i thought you would be able to pace yourself :rolleyes:

going off topic (i know you wont mind).
well done,great win against bohs :cool:

p.s. i still might get to make my return trip to stadio via stazione :D

Thank's 12th ma man. :D Still buzzing after the best result in our young history. We could well be seeing yer back at the Stadio Via Stazione.
Was at a gig with Pat O'Banton on friday, and we did manage to pace ourselve's and stay away from the Stella, but when we got back to the Holloway road and heard the County result the pace turned into a sprint, and party time once again broke out. :D

the 12 th man
23/08/2004, 2:04 PM
Was at a gig with Pat O'Banton on friday, and we did manage to pace ourselve's and stay away from the Stella,:D

is mr o banton still engaging in that "name dropping" thing to gain free access to gigs ?

you know the ould "me and the cambell brothers...blah blah ..
ub40......big hit single......."
"now where is the green room "? :D

sylvo
23/08/2004, 2:20 PM
is mr o banton still engaging in that "name dropping" thing to gain free access to gigs ?

you know the ould "me and the cambell brothers...blah blah ..
ub40......big hit single......."
"now where is the green room "? :D

To right, most people are trying to forget about that desperate song, yet he goes and take's his name as his handle. :eek:
Come to think of getting into free gig's the fceker still's owe's me a tenner for the ticket. :mad:

the 12 th man
23/08/2004, 2:57 PM
overpriced beer & food,crap support acts,dodgy portaloos,local d.s.,rip off merchandise,...............

tiktok
23/08/2004, 3:12 PM
Things that should be banned from gigs....

1. People who won't give a support acts a chance
2. Pint bottles of Bulmers (in small venues, ice-cube scoops are very noisy)
3. Glen Hansard
4. Ticketmaster involvement
5. Umbrellas
6. Security who clamp down on moshing and crowd surfing in the 'mosh pit'
7. Video walls where people text up messages for the crowd to see :rolleyes:
8. Beer/Loo/Food queues

Pat O' Banton
23/08/2004, 3:33 PM
overpriced beer & food,crap support acts,dodgy portaloos,local d.s.,rip off merchandise,...............

Went to see My Bloody Valentine in the early nineties and they had people handing out flyers telling people not to buy their merchandise inside as it was over priced rip off. Fair play to them.
12th man I've tired of the shallowness of the guest list, the free beer, groupies and now prefer to spend my time standing on my tip toes trying to get a view of Black Francis beer gut. :eek: :D
By the way did I ever mention that there still a very few copies of 'life is a miracle' in the shops, Hey send them to me and I will autograph them for you :D
Oops forgot about the tenner Sylvo.

Supersonic_779
24/08/2004, 3:17 PM
I think u-18 should be un-banned :cool:

Its ridicoulous that a 16 yr old (like myself) cant go to see my favourite band because of my age. Ok, so the risk is that I might be going in to get drink. But i could get stamped at the door or something.

:rolleyes:

Bluebeard
24/08/2004, 9:13 PM
Smiley F*****G Bolger. His very presence has made me want to ask for my money back, sell every album I have by the band playing, give up all this crazy popular music listening that I do, and take up American Folk Music, only I know that B*****D would be there too.

max power
24/08/2004, 11:49 PM
sorry smiley is a legend, prob only 25 looks 102 :D . remember sunday mornings on network 2 with him on with dempsey/fannning....on his way home from a drink/drug filled night ( alledegy ) and poped into talk $hite for 15 mins about U2 or the Cranberries...ha ha legend

the 12 th man
25/08/2004, 7:52 AM
. But i could get stamped at the door or something.

:rolleyes:

i'm sure the security :rolleyes: would be only too happy to oblige you there :D

sadloserkid
25/08/2004, 11:26 AM
If and when I am grand high dictator of all the world I shall ban the following from gigs.

1) Short people. They always stand behind me for some reason and then have the nerve to whine about it. I'm not likely to shrink just because you have a fixation with some singer that you're hoping will notice you amidst the heaving throng. Maybe if you were taller you'd be noticed. And it's not as if I'm freakishly tall, I'm 6'2, stand on your tip-toes or something.

2) My brother. He's a belligerant/eccentric drunk and I'm sick of having to bail him out/stand him back up/prevent him from nefarious acts

3) In fact all belligerant drunks will be banned (especially female ones). There's nothing more frustrating than having some idiot smash their elbows all over the place. At least if it's a guy you can give him one back.

4) The little morons who haven't the balls to go into a mosh pit proper so they stand around the edge looking to push some unsuspecting innocent in instead and throwing sly kicks at anybody who won't know it was them (memo to the little twerp at Planes Mistaken For Stars: I hope you enjoyed being physically picked up and dragged into the middle, it's always gratifying to see a near grown man curled up in a ball on the floor sobbing like a baby. Karma my friend. Karma.)

5) People who don't actually like the band but are there to accompany somebody else (usually a boyfriend/girlfriend). It was a lovely gesture of you to get two tickets for your anniversary or whatever but if you don't have any interest in the band then why in God's name have you come. You're only going to bring down the enjoyment threshold for the rest of us.

sylvo
25/08/2004, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=sadloserkid]If and when I am grand high dictator of all the world I shall ban the following from gigs.

1) Short people. They always stand behind me for some reason and then have the nerve to whine about it. I'm not likely to shrink just because you have a fixation with some singer that you're hoping will notice you amidst the heaving throng. Maybe if you were taller you'd be noticed. And it's not as if I'm freakishly tall, I'm 6'2, stand on your tip-toes or something.

I understand yer situation brother, the word's ''fcek off down the front then if yer can't see'' have been uttered on occasion's by meself to some plank who's decided to stand behind us and then make an issue by muttering non stop about it.

whattheheck
02/09/2004, 11:33 PM
agree with mobs & s***e beer prices
also silly little tw*ts who think they remember the smiths (i dont but i have had my day) and little children sining to morrissey instead of white stripes

green goblin
03/09/2004, 10:55 AM
1)
Tw*ts with laser pens trying to blind the band.

2)
No one gobs anymore, thank the Good Lord, but that used to really annoy me way back when. Disgusting practice. Young people today, don't know how lucky you are blah blah blah.

3).
People recording the event for a bootleg telling you to shush as they can't record it with you talking.

4)
Deaf sound engineers.

5)
Bands who think it's cool to delay coming on stage until it's so late that the last train to anywhere sensible has long since departed.

What I WOULD bring back, is people willing to cycle in their air to the Sultans of Ping, flat on their back on a beer sodden dancefloor.

Pat O' Banton
03/09/2004, 12:32 PM
Ah yes, pinging, remember doing it in a sodden Finsbury Park at the 1992 Fleadh.

Have decided that I am no longer drinking at gigs, Oasis in finsbury Park the lager tasted like vinager, it is £3 a can of Red Stripe in Astoria 2 and to tell the truth at a Christy Moore gig, he stopped the bar during the set and I really didn't notice too much.

the 12 th man
03/09/2004, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Pat O' Banton].

Have decided that I am no longer drinking at gigs, Oasis in finsbury Park /QUOTE]

one of my fav bands there.usually great live.
that liam gallagher is one cocky **** though.

joeSoap
03/09/2004, 1:08 PM
considering he's a Man Chitty fan, you'd imagine he'd have very little to be cocky about....still, Patsy Kensit, one of the Appletons, all that money, mmmm ;)

Pat O' Banton
03/09/2004, 3:43 PM
[QUOTE=Pat O' Banton].

Have decided that I am no longer drinking at gigs, Oasis in finsbury Park /QUOTE]

one of my fav bands there.usually great live.
that liam gallagher is one cocky **** though.

Couldn't really see if they were great, good or indifferent as we were so far back in a field, they did seem excelent but don't take my work for it

Actually yeah I would ban gigs where you end up so far back you cannot see the band. :mad:

the 12 th man
03/09/2004, 9:36 PM
Actually yeah I would ban gigs where you end up so far back you cannot see the band. :mad:

thats the thing about open air gigs,unless your a nutcase and get in when the gates open you are nearly always reduced to looking at "action men" size people on stage and being entirely reliant on video screens to see the action.

must confess to being dragged to a whacko jacko :eek: gig at landsdowne rd and i swear it could have been anybody up there on stage, as he was so far away.
now that i think about it maybe that was'nt such a bad thing :D

the 12 th man
03/09/2004, 9:47 PM
considering he's a Man Chitty fan, you'd imagine he'd have very little to be cocky about....still, Patsy Kensit, one of the Appletons, all that money, mmmm ;)

he just comes across as a tosser but when the band are "together" he does shine.
he has indeed has had his share of action :rolleyes:
of the "horizontal jogging" type :D .

Pat O' Banton
06/09/2004, 9:41 AM
he just comes across as a tosser but when the band are "together" he does shine.
he has indeed has had his share of action :rolleyes:
of the "horizontal jogging" type :D .

Fr WW I'm shocked at the clergy thinking about such things.

Vowed after the unfortunate lager and being so far back that I would never go to an out door concert again.

Lionel Ritchie
06/09/2004, 10:00 AM
Vowed after the unfortunate lager and being so far back that I would never go to an out door concert again.

Would echo many of the sentiments here. Didn't drink at metallica in the RDS -had a blast and probably saved a fortune. bought a roll with a single slice of ham in it and i believe it was €6.50. Bottled water was €2.50/3.00 and they even kept the bottle caps so you'd have to finish it quicker.

tiktok
06/09/2004, 10:15 AM
....and they even kept the bottle caps so you'd have to finish it quicker....

it's easy enough to bring a bottle cap into a concert or stadium you know ;)

the 12 th man
06/09/2004, 1:27 PM
. bought a roll with a single slice of ham in it and i believe it was €6.50. Bottled water was €2.50/3.00.

bigger rip has to be the "geniune mechandise" :rolleyes:
programme 15-25 eur
t-shirt 25-45 eur :eek:

Duffer
08/09/2004, 2:53 PM
I'd say ban the food the burgers taste rotten first time round seeing them second and third time round is just never a good thing.......

Them stupid blow up chairs ..........what is that all about.

And finally Hats we're not all fortunate enough to be over 5"5 so bit of consideration people!!