PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City point of View

Breifne
21/08/2004, 2:42 AM
Have to say as a Turners Cross virgin, I was really impressed with the showing from Cork City, good atmosphere, great open game of football, it could easily have been 4-4 and thought both sides really deserved something from the game.

Would also like to congratulate Cork City on what was an excellent Match Programme, the entire match day experience has been captured very well by City, and I would like to offer Pat Dolan and Brian Lennox, and all their staff and volunteers, a heartiest congrats, (I did say this to Lennox on my way out the gate, hope he didn't think i was a mad opposition fan ranting) but just thought i should offer credit where its due, Cork are a credit to the eircom League and its clubs.

From a Vikings point of view the improvement in the last eight days has been outstanding, Shaun Byrne, Adam Rundle & Keith Rowlands showed their class, Ronnie Henry looked a little out of it in the first half but came back well in the second, a couple more matches and he could be an excellent signing.

Toccy was good in the centre, along with Scott Friel who i thought was outstanding in the centre, we did get caught out with the long balls over the top to Doyler and Kearney a fair few times though.

I personally thought the game was exciting to watch, had to scored the penalty it would have been a completely different game, but according to a number of Cork City people i spoke to directly after the game, they thought we could stay up, and after tonights performance was excellent, Carlton Palmer and two strikers to add into the mix should make next weeks clash with Drogheda extremely interesting.

Watch this space.

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 8:00 AM
Thanks for the comments Breifne. Glad you enjoyed the game. Have a look at some of the city fans observations. Some people constantly see the glass as being half-empty. I thought it was a really good game, and plenty of goalmouth action at both ends.

ian
21/08/2004, 8:09 AM
I thought the same a good game. The best of luck with the rest of the season for you lot up in the big smoke.

The Donie Forde
21/08/2004, 8:12 AM
Thanks for the kind words about the programme, Breifne. It's always especially rewarding to hear that from a visiting fan.
Thanks!

And for what it's worth, DC have impressed me a lot more that Pat's of late so I'd say you have a decent shot at staying up all right. Should be interesting, as you say.

Donie

GavinZac
21/08/2004, 8:59 AM
ffs carlton palmer? donkey

ccfcgirl
21/08/2004, 9:22 AM
fan point of view,but this game lacked atmosphere compared to previous weeks

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:24 AM
it lacked atmosphere compared to last year

patsh
21/08/2004, 9:28 AM
it could easily have been 4-4 Nice thoughts Breifne, but 4 - 4?
Maybe 6 - 2 would be more accurate?

Breifne
21/08/2004, 10:46 AM
Nice thoughts Breifne, but 4 - 4?
Maybe 6 - 2 would be more accurate?

If you want to go that far 6-6 might have been possible, don't think Cork dominated this game, except for the first ten minutes and the last fifteen, Dublin City saw as much if not more of the action.

Scott Friel (Centre Half) missed a gilt edged opportunity after twenty minutes, after the ball fell to his left foot, he blasted it into the side netting from six / eight yards.

Gary O'Neill hit the post from a bullet close range header just after the break.
Michael Devine made a fabulous one on one save from O'Neill minutes after we scored. Ronnie Henry decided to pass, when shooting from the edge of the box with a clear sight of goal was the better option from the edge of the square late in the first half.

thats five decent chances, without really trying to remember them, we also forced a fair amount of corners, and had a number of close range free kicks, think a draw was a fair result. Neither side can have any real complaints, if we had been offered a draw on the way down, we would have snatched it, and probably taken most of the offering arm as well, so we're happy enough.

patsh
21/08/2004, 11:10 AM
If you want to go that far 6-6 might have been possible......................
five decent chancesJebus, your manager's boll*xology is starting to affect you all....:rolleyes:
You had 5 chances, but could have scored 6.......
If you want to count chances, the score shold have been 14 - 5 so...:rolleyes: