PDA

View Full Version : Sky at the cross?

pete
04/12/2001, 5:02 PM
I could find the old thread about this so have to create a new one......

Although not officially confirmed I believe Sky Sports will probably be showing the Irish u-21 game v Denmark in March. I think they've already shown games from Longford & Waterford this year.

With Sky already showing the Sioccer Show & with rumoured plans for televising the FAI Cup semis & final maybe they might be more interested then we think about showing the eL especially now non-winter football around the corner.

Sky Sports already show english 3rd division & conference games don't they?

Xlex
04/12/2001, 5:19 PM
With the new agreement RTEngland and BBC have with BSkyB. Maybe we are as well tell Sky Sports what we think as opposed to RTE. The majority will have dishes in 12 months anyway.

Pablo
04/12/2001, 7:09 PM
it would open the league up to a whole new audience.....not to mention extra revenue

Sky pays stg£100,000 for every live match it shows......

joe
04/12/2001, 7:12 PM
not too mention the professional approach and results that go with anything they have their hands in.

pete
05/12/2001, 12:05 PM
Get ready for 11am starts to games if Sky come in though.

:eek:

Gerry Desmond
05/12/2001, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by pete
Get ready for 11am starts to games if Sky come in though.

Hmmm, start a little earlier BUT get £100k: I can see a lot of Chairmen having sleepless nites over that one... :D

Gerry

matt
08/12/2001, 12:37 AM
come on though why would sky start televising the national league? their main fanbase is in britain and in my opinion most people over there are going to change the channel if a national league game comes on. i just find it hard to believe that sky would broadcast this league even though the standard is as good as the 1st division

Éanna
09/12/2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by matt
come on though why would sky start televising the national league? their main fanbase is in britain and in my opinion most people over there are going to change the channel if a national league game comes on. i just find it hard to believe that sky would broadcast this league even though the standard is as good as the 1st division
I disagree. Many of those people in England are real football fans, unlike the gloryhunters who rule supreme in Ireland. They're the ones who'll watch anything that has a ball 4 goalposts and more than 5 players! (or maybe that's just me :confused: )

elroy
23/09/2008, 12:03 PM
it would open the league up to a whole new audience.....not to mention extra revenue

Sky pays stg£100,000 for every live match it shows......

I'd be very surprised if that would apply to LOI games.

Didnt they used to show the cup final with the rte commentary, i remember the final where one of the hoardings went on fire a few years back was on sky.

No offence to the north, but they have showed a few games from the north live in recent times no reason why they wouldnt show LOI games.

noby
23/09/2008, 12:05 PM
Er, methinks someone replied to the wrong thread.