PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

answers
11/06/2013, 10:58 AM
everything you said sky home about the league getting it horribly wrong i will agree with you but as for principle of matter that should not cost ballingarry a chance of winning Desmond cup. pull yere neck in and swallow the fact the league made a **** up which i must admit looks terrible. who is the chairman these days? the league would want to make sure anything like this dosent happen again or it will add to the how poor the thing has got.

skyhome
11/06/2013, 11:50 AM
everything you said sky home about the league getting it horribly wrong i will agree with you but as for principle of matter that should not cost ballingarry a chance of winning Desmond cup. pull yere neck in and swallow the fact the league made a **** up which i must admit looks terrible. who is the chairman these days? the league would want to make sure anything like this dosent happen again or it will add to the how poor the thing has got.

i agree answers about ballingarry and ncw its bad for them but look they will get there chance reguardless. either rathkeale get back in and play ballingarry or they get a by to the final but pull our necks back in and accept what has happened by the desmond league not a chance of it as we done nothing wrong and also the team which caused all this by appealing ( abbeyfeale ) after they lost the match to rathkeale fair and square taking into account they had 3/4 b players we are now backing them aswell as they also didnt do anything illegal reguarding players. christy purcell and his team of YES men should have sorted this from the begining and not try to shove it under the rug and hope it goes away. its there total and utter **** up which has ruined this years desmond cup

answers
11/06/2013, 12:20 PM
is there any truth that if its not played by the first of july its squashed and since you are on skyhome what are the steps ye are taking now have ye or are ye appealing to the fai or is that only wind.

skyhome
11/06/2013, 1:08 PM
is there any truth that if its not played by the first of july its squashed and since you are on skyhome what are the steps ye are taking now have ye or are ye appealing to the fai or is that only wind.. FAI anyway the appeal should go by Friday. Not sure on the cup I think if it goes past July it's played before the start of next season but I'm not 100% on that

fourfour3
11/06/2013, 8:30 PM
don't know how true this is but i think this rule was brought in to stop teams regrading a load of A players to the B team during the xmas transfer window. i do think that needs sorting out but this is definitely not the way to do it and even the way they went about it shows why this league is slowly becoming a joke.

southern kid
12/06/2013, 9:02 AM
I think it would be quiet foolish for ratkeale to go to fai with this as they have no chance of winninig, it quiet clearly states in rule book that b players can not play with a team in desmond cup, now let that be right or wrong its in the rules and thats what fai will make decision on so my advice would be save yer money and put it to better use in the club.

fanaticfan
12/06/2013, 9:45 AM
I agree with southern kid. If they lost to the Desmond league and Munster council, I don't think they will win against the fai.. they should put the money to good use like doing up the dressing rooms. They have great facilities down apart from the dressing rooms.

answers
12/06/2013, 10:45 AM
the main expenses are the legal fees i might be wrong here but isnt the main reason there in this mess due to a solicitors stag sure wouldnt dat cover most of costs. rathkeale in my opinion are overplaying this as every team got screwed by the desmond leagues poor decision to implement the rule a week after the first round. on the dressing rooms hang up a toilet door for crying out loud in the visiting dressing rooms not goin to break the bank

nathanbrown
12/06/2013, 11:31 AM
You are right Southern Kid about the idea of the rule, teams should just be limited to the amount of players who are regraded and players who have started a certain amount of games shouldnt be allowed to be regraded, they should try and stop A team players regrading rather than A team players, after all thats what a B team is there for. Rathkeale should just accept it and move on I think, its getting tedious. On the dressing rooms, they really need a good cleaning, and a toilet door, but to be fair the home dressing room is not a whole pile better but at the end of the day they are better than what NCW rovers or Adare or Kildimo have to offer. If only everyone had dressing rooms like broadford

fanaticfan
12/06/2013, 12:21 PM
Ya true Nathan brown.last time i was in the away dressing rooms were a while back and should be cleaned up.all the money they are spending on the appeal could pay for all that. Dunno what's the story with the toilet door, is there no toilet door or something

fanaticfan
13/06/2013, 3:12 PM
Any news on the fai appeal? It wastoday rathkeale wwere supposed to find out wasn't it

Horan01
14/06/2013, 1:21 PM
Rathkeale aren't appealing to the fai

answers
14/06/2013, 1:35 PM
i knew they'd go with the toilet door instead :p.. so ballingarry to play newcastle now is it?

fanaticfan
14/06/2013, 3:56 PM
Just heard the same. Rathkeale aren't gonna bother appealing so its ballingarry vs ncw on the 22nd or 29th not sure what date. Must be one expensive toilet door they are getting

dutchie
17/06/2013, 3:37 PM
Rathkeale must be lacking a pair of .....,if the desmond lge were so wrong Rathkeale would win on appeal to FAI,it costs a good bit of money,but if they won appeal(which they seem v confident)the costs would be returned.
The appeal process is very fair and transparent with the FAI having a three man panel consisting of people with legal experience.
Desmond cup mustn't mean a lot to Rathkeale if they are willing to let it go in this fashion.

snafu
21/06/2013, 2:24 PM
Any news on fixtures for the desmond cup?

super6
21/06/2013, 2:57 PM
sat 29th june, not sure of time but id say 730.

fanaticfan
28/06/2013, 1:27 PM
Anyone going for a prediction in the cup final tomorrow night?

Johnnie C
29/06/2013, 10:22 PM
Couldn't make it, was at the Limerick game, who won ?

fanaticfan
30/06/2013, 12:47 AM
I heard it was 2-2 after 90 mins. Hopefully i can make the replay next saturday

hulk
01/07/2013, 3:33 PM
I heard it was 1-1? Anyone have a match report or who scored even? The interest must be at an all time low with the fiasco that has happened this year.

Johnnie C
02/07/2013, 9:43 PM
It was 1-1, report in The Star today. Brian Fitz for B'garry and Seanie Fitz for NCW. Replay Friday night.

Johnnie C
05/07/2013, 9:56 PM
2-0 to NCW, Seanie Fitz with both. Both teams tried to keep the ball down and pass. NCW were the better side but the 2nd goal shouldn't have counted as Fitz clearly pushed the defender before an excellent finish. Michael O'Keefe awarded man of the match. Decent crowd in attendance.