PDA

View Full Version : Georgie=legend

thecorner
21/08/2004, 1:37 AM
cant understand why he was taking off chasing the game. the only player with a bit of imagination

getting very ****ed off with dolan

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 9:15 AM
Think of the mayhem George O'Callaghan would cause in City's defence if he joined any other EL club. His control of the ball is awesome. One problem I have with him is that Dolan keeps putting him in midfield, where he does not belong. He is not a play maker. He should not even be taking free kicks, IMO. His place is on the end of free kicks because he is very good at knocking down and laying off balls for others to shoot. If he is in a scoring position himself, he is a sweet finisher. I know in some matches he is marked out of it, sometimes by two players. Even then, it is good for us because it gives us an unmarked player.
People who slag off Georgie in this forum are entitled to their opinions. But puh-leeze, try to recognise that in Georgie we have one of the true legends of Irish soccer.

Éanna
21/08/2004, 8:57 PM
Think of the mayhem George O'Callaghan would cause in City's defence if he joined any other EL club. His control of the ball is awesome. One problem I have with him is that Dolan keeps putting him in midfield, where he does not belong. He is not a play maker. He should not even be taking free kicks, IMO. His place is on the end of free kicks because he is very good at knocking down and laying off balls for others to shoot. If he is in a scoring position himself, he is a sweet finisher. I know in some matches he is marked out of it, sometimes by two players. Even then, it is good for us because it gives us an unmarked player.
People who slag off Georgie in this forum are entitled to their opinions. But puh-leeze, try to recognise that in Georgie we have one of the true legends of Irish soccer.spot on there. his work rate is incredible too

cheekyais
21/08/2004, 9:03 PM
But Dolan does this every week he takes some1 off in injury time 2 run down da clock which is pointless. George should never have been taken off. He was class when he was moved. Thats where he should play most of da time. Fenn was absolutely useless. :mad: