PDA

View Full Version : DangerHere Mid-Season Report

adamcarr
20/08/2004, 11:19 PM
What crap! (http://www.dangerhere.com/gufflog/calvert/comments.php?id=938_0_12_0_C) :rolleyes:

Slash/ED
20/08/2004, 11:26 PM
Has there ever been anything written or said that hasn't morally outraged you lot?

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:32 AM
What crap! (http://www.dangerhere.com/gufflog/calvert/comments.php?id=938_0_12_0_C) :rolleyes:

it couldnt be more accurate if the reporter tried
:rolleyes:

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 9:46 AM
Snide, tongue-in-cheek, unfunny, tedious. And those are the good points of the piece. And the prat can't even spell.

Gary
21/08/2004, 2:51 PM
Cork City – Congrats to City on a fine display in Europe, even if it was only the inter-tayto. However, Cork are now back to the bread and butter of the league and need to start playing themselves back into Europe. Since exiting Europe, Pat Dolan’s side have done well against weaker opposition (St. Pat’s and Waterford), but still seem to struggle against the teams that are also challenging for the title. Cork fans should be hoping that the 2-0 loss to Drogheda isn’t indicative of a deeper post-Nantes malaise. I would expect Cork to fight it out with Bohs for third place spot as the season winds down, but the title is beyond their grasp. Needless to say, Cork will again lift the Munster Senior Cup - now that they don’t have the distraction of the FAI Cup. Pat Dolan would also be a very foolish man to let Greg O’Halloran move to Waterford United.

Just about sums it up for me. What could people fing wrong with it??

patsh
21/08/2004, 3:17 PM
Has there ever been anything written or said that hasn't morally outraged you lot?Has there been anything written or said by City fans on the City forum about City that doesn't morally outrage you?

Soko
21/08/2004, 3:34 PM
Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Slash/ED
21/08/2004, 6:19 PM
Has there been anything written or said by City fans on the City forum about City that doesn't morally outrage you?

Nothing morally outrages me about City, they're too far down the table for me to be bothered by anything you lot have to say. :)

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 6:58 PM
Nothing morally outrages me about City, they're too far down the table for me to be bothered by anything you lot have to say. :)
www.post-a-meaningless-comment.ie

patsh
22/08/2004, 10:09 AM
Nothing morally outrages me about City, they're too far down the table for me to be bothered by anything you lot have to say. Ah so its just plain old simple obsession with a club that actually has fans that keeps you posting about what we have to say then.....:rolleyes:

eoinh
22/08/2004, 10:30 AM
i thought it was an excellent review of the league.

Written by someone who admits that he doesnt go to many eircom league games but who still recognises how its progressed. He has managed to give an unbiased opinion in my mind and thrown in bit of humour as well.

His "take" on Dublin city and Roddy Collins is spot on.

Although its Continuity Home Farm not Contingency!

sadloserkid
22/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Seems accurate enough to me boys and girls. Would somebody like to highlight the part that's 'crap'? :confused:

Slash/ED
22/08/2004, 11:31 AM
Ah so its just plain old simple obsession with a club that actually has fans that keeps you posting about what we have to say then.....:rolleyes:

Yeah Shels have no fans this is just a figment of your imagination talking, keep taking those pills Patsh...

GavinZac
22/08/2004, 11:59 AM
www.post-a-meaningless-comment.ie

404 :) . .

tiktok
22/08/2004, 4:42 PM
don't see too much wrong with it

Fair_play_boy
22/08/2004, 8:09 PM
404 :) . .
The site does not exist. What I meant was that guy's post could be the first entry if it did. :D

patsh
23/08/2004, 8:02 AM
Yeah Shels have no fans this is just a figment of your imagination talking, keep taking those pills Patsh...Ahh.....still commenting on posts on the forum of the club that you can't be bothered about...
Pills indeed....

liamon
23/08/2004, 8:34 AM
Seems an accurate and fair review to me.

ccfcman
23/08/2004, 8:37 AM
Yeah Shels have no fans this is just a figment of your imagination talking,
ya cos all those "fans" at lansdowne rd. got season tickets id say

*$hit team no fans=$h€l$/$ell out utd.*

pete
23/08/2004, 11:41 AM
Surprisingly accurate enough & not just Dublin bias as may have been expected.

gspain
23/08/2004, 12:12 PM
The more coverage our league gets the better.....Good report - would love to see some first division coverage though.

Slash/ED
23/08/2004, 2:28 PM
ya cos all those "fans" at lansdowne rd. got season tickets id say

*$hit team no fans=$h€l$/$ell out utd.*

**** team :D yeah I wish we were doing as well as Cork are this year :D

And Patsh I'm only here because I'm trying to figure out wtf you are all moaning about now, can someone please point out to me what exactly is wrong with the report?

Jim Smith
23/08/2004, 4:32 PM
I thought it was a good review of the state of play. As for the spelling mistakes - if that is what you are reduced to complaining about it suggests that the article is close to the truth (or close to the bone?).

We have come a long way but lets face it we have a longer way to go, is there anyone who disputes this?

If the league got coverage like that in the national broadsheets, I would be delighted.