PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the Attitude

Fair_play_boy
20/08/2004, 9:17 PM
The Cork City v Dublin City game tonight was the most entertaining game of the season at the Cross IMO. The positional changes produced excellent performances, particularly from Colin O'Brien at right back. Both sides hit the post, there were about eight good shots on goal, and both keepers pulled off some outstanding saves. For sheer excitement, and open play, this game gave excellent value for money.
Ok, Georgie took a bad penalty, and the result was hardly to our liking. But the team did not deserve to be booed off the pitch by a section of the crowd in the Donie Forde stand. These same people were silent right throughout the match when the shed were singing their throats out. Kearney, Murphy and especially Doyler played out of their skins. Even Georgie produced some of his old form with some class first touches. The lads held their composure when some bad tackles were not adequately punished by the ref. The result was wrong but the display was professional. People have a right to their opinions but tonight's booing was disgraceful.

adamcarr
20/08/2004, 9:25 PM
I didnt boo but the team played poor, bar the last 20 mins. Colin was useless! Georgie was very poor! And the shed didnt sing our throats out, not even close! :mad: We drew to Home Farm and were lucky! :rolleyes:

adamcarr
20/08/2004, 10:03 PM
Could someone explain how we were lucky???? We beat them to a pulp for 3/4's of the game.
It was only in the last 25 mins we took over!

TheNorthsider
21/08/2004, 8:11 AM
colin was shocking in at right back he was caught out of position time and time again.The majority of dublin citys play came down colins side.Too many times last nite players particularly dan murray and dan murphy dived in on the ground only for players to turn back inside them,when i played football even at a very poor level we were always told to stay on our feet you cannot defend sitting on the ground,at times it was hard to believe some of the players are professional.George i feel is being made a scape goat for many sections of supporters for the poor team performances which in my opinion is a little bit unfair as there is many more on the team in the same boat that being turning in terrible performances.To single out 1 player out of the starting 11 over the last few weeks is wrong when there was at least another 8 or 9 as bad as him.Pat Dolan is probably one of the best PR men and organisers around but I,m having grave doubts about his managerial skills

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:12 AM
the shed booed (20 or so) which caused a bit of argy bargy amongst mates which was bad to see.we need to get behind the team not on top of them

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:13 AM
Pat Dolan is probably one of the best PR men and organisers around but I'm having grave doubts about his managerial skills
brian lennox's notes in the programme spoke about nessacary changes in coaching and player staff,is there something we're not being told?

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 9:27 AM
we need to get behind the team not on top of themQuote of the week, of the season. Well put CCFCman.

SSS
21/08/2004, 11:48 AM

What about the first half - Danny & George*2 had good shots saved, Gamble headed wide, we had a peno.... we destroyed them in the first half, aswell as the last half hour.

As for the opening positive post about highly entertaining etc - great, but this was the team from the bottom of the league we were playing. You gotta beat these guys with ease if you have serious ambition.

Drogs at home coming up. Can we beat them? Will we even score??

A face
21/08/2004, 12:02 PM

Wrong ..... You are way off the mark with that one in all fairness.

I know your gutted with the result an'all but keep yourself in check willya ?

TheNorthsider
21/08/2004, 1:08 PM
ccfcman like yourself i thought that lennox notes in the programme were very interesting.They could be open to several interpretations.He seems to be questioning a number of different things.

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 2:24 PM
Quote of the week, of the season. Well put CCFCman.
i try :)

ccfcman like yourself i thought that lennox notes in the programme were very interesting.They could be open to several interpretations.He seems to be questioning a number of different things.
more dolan based than players methinks

dolan is under savage pressure lads!
:eek:

Gary
21/08/2004, 2:33 PM
Could someone explain how we were lucky???? We beat them to a pulp for 3/4's of the game.

They hit the post, the cross bar, had 3 open goal oppurtunities missed, and somehow their centre half manages to put a sitter into the side netting. That, IMO is a bit of a let off.

We may have beaten the pulp out of them, but a draw was about the right result unfortunatley.

Teams like HF shouldnt be a hassle for us, and should deliver us 12 points.

Éanna
21/08/2004, 8:45 PM
it wasn't as bad as people were saying, but what really bugged me was the performances of woods and murray. the two of them were brutal. woods should have been out the door after the shels game and murray needs to be dropped/put under severe pressure immediately.