PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Sweeney

naoise kennedy
04/07/2012, 6:51 PM
Well it looks like it's finally going to happen Pierce could be on his way to reading.. he has been fantastic and holds our defence together.. it' s great news for Pierce and i really hope he makes it over in reading, but obviously he will be a big loss to bray..

Hopefully Mitch can now take over and fill the void.. Will bray make anything from the transfer, another player (from another team) is moving to derby for 30,000, any transfer would be very welcome boost for the club...

Martinho II
04/07/2012, 7:08 PM
Well it looks like it's finally going to happen Pierce could be on his way to reading.. he has been fantastic and holds our defence together.. it' s great news for Pierce and i really hope he makes it over in reading, but obviously he will be a big loss to bray..

Hopefully Mitch can now take over and fill the void.. Will bray make anything from the transfer, another player (from another team) is moving to derby for 30,000, any transfer would be very welcome boost for the club...

has he made many appearances for ye so far? its a super deal for bray.

Seagull
04/07/2012, 7:27 PM

9 goals conceded in the last three games without Pierce. Wish him all the best but it's a big loss for Bray.

Stevo Da Gull
04/07/2012, 8:22 PM
Big loss for us, but it's better for him to go now and get pre-season training in with his new team rather than finish out the year with us. Best of luck to him. He's put in great performances for us and I hope he enjoys his football across the water.

has he made many appearances for ye so far? its a super deal for bray.

Yeah, he played most weeks for us, up until the summer break. Such good reading of the game, especially when you consider he's still only 17. If he can keep progressing he'll make a good career for himself.

Roo69
04/07/2012, 10:01 PM
I'm absolutely delighted for the young lad. Considering the kid has only played 12 games of Senior football in his career he is way beyond hes years, reads the game very well and has a great career ahead of him with the right guidance and coaching, which he should get at Reading.

I can't imagine he went to cheaply, Belvo also take a slice of his transfer fee and lets be honest, Devo's no gob****e when it comes to things like this. A complete guess would be about the 100k mark signing on a 3 year deal with extras added in. Hopefully a friendly or 2 involved in the deal too, we all know how much Irish people love a friendly against Premiership teams :)

The next one to make the move across the water will be Sean Hurley

EDIT - Hearing that Stephen Last has also been released from his contract today too. I would be amazed if we didn't have a player or 2 lined up...

Albatross
09/07/2012, 12:03 AM

With all this money the club is going to get I do hope that it will pay its long suffering creditors who have supported the club through the lean times and are waiting to be paid for a couple of years and not waste the money like in the past.

KK77
16/07/2012, 9:08 PM
I'm absolutely delighted for the young lad. Considering the kid has only played 12 games of Senior football in his career he is way beyond hes years, reads the game very well and has a great career ahead of him with the right guidance and coaching, which he should get at Reading.

I can't imagine he went to cheaply, Belvo also take a slice of his transfer fee and lets be honest, Devo's no gob****e when it comes to things like this. A complete guess would be about the 100k mark signing on a 3 year deal with extras added in. Hopefully a friendly or 2 involved in the deal too, we all know how much Irish people love a friendly against Premiership teams :)

The next one to make the move across the water will be Sean Hurley

EDIT - Hearing that Stephen Last has also been released from his contract today too. I would be amazed if we didn't have a player or 2 lined up...

At least these people who love a friendly against Premiership teams are honest hey!

Roo69
18/07/2012, 1:25 PM
At least these people who love a friendly against Premiership teams are honest hey!

Yeah big time, they make my beloved team Bray Wanderers so much money ! it's great ;) All the goons will be out in force to see Liverpool's kids play next month, can't wait to get their money into the club

KK77
18/07/2012, 2:17 PM
Yeah big time, they make my beloved team Bray Wanderers so much money ! it's great ;) All the goons will be out in force to see Liverpool's kids play next month, can't wait to get their money into the club

Suppose a goon would know a goon hey!

Any word on "Mr Bray" Paddy D throwing a few sheckles into his beloved or is he that much of a goon?!

Roo69
21/07/2012, 5:07 PM
Suppose a goon would know a goon hey!

Any word on "Mr Bray" Paddy D throwing a few sheckles into his beloved or is he that much of a goon?!

Ah he's past that now at this stage, time for the barstoolers to start supporting their local club, no chance of that though is there. Maybe you could have a word with them?

Nice few bob made for the club today with all the Irish Wolves fans, they brought a fair few with them too. Should keep us going for another few weeks.

KK77
23/07/2012, 10:58 AM
Ah he's past that now at this stage, time for the barstoolers to start supporting their local club, no chance of that though is there. Maybe you could have a word with them?

Nice few bob made for the club today with all the Irish Wolves fans, they brought a fair few with them too. Should keep us going for another few weeks.

Any barstoolers that i know are only ever on the stool before and after games so i can't help you there!

Any chance you could have a word with these people who hang premiership flags from their windows or even better local ex players to go along and supporter "their local team"?

Roo69
23/07/2012, 11:04 AM
I don't drink so wouldn't be around the barstoolers!

Any chance you could have a word with these people who hang premiership flags from their windows?

Haha still holding on to that from 99? haha :D

You could actually have a chat with them though when you make one of your several visits to the holy land, maybe do a bucket collection in the kop or something?

P.S - You must be due another name change soon, RafaB, KK... BR next in line?

KK77
23/07/2012, 2:58 PM
Haha still holding on to that from 99? haha :D

You could actually have a chat with them though when you make one of your several visits to the holy land, maybe do a bucket collection in the kop or something?

P.S - You must be due another name change soon, RafaB, KK... BR next in line?

What about the White Pele doing a gig in aid of Bray?! PMSL

Roo69
24/07/2012, 5:28 PM
What about the White Pele doing a gig in aid of Bray?! PMSL

Wayne Rooney's doing a charity gig in aid of Bray?

KK77
25/07/2012, 8:32 AM
Wayne Rooney's doing a charity gig in aid of Bray?

Depends on the quality of granny!!!!

Serious amount of barstoolers in Bray, have you asked them why they don't support their local club? Some are ex-players as well.

Roo69
25/07/2012, 10:17 PM
Depends on the quality of granny!!!!

Serious amount of barstoolers in Bray, have you asked them why they don't support their local club? Some are ex-players as well.

I'll make a list up and start knocking on doors to ask them, i'll let you know how i get on.

Yeah the likes of Foxy never comes down to a Bray game, which is disappointing really seeing he was with us for such a long long time. Most players are only with us a few seasons at max so they have no loyalty or interest in us what so ever but in saying that i reckon you would spot 20 or so ex-Players at each home game who have a genuine interest in the club so fair play to them.

KK77
26/07/2012, 8:55 AM
I'll make a list up and start knocking on doors to ask them, i'll let you know how i get on.

Yeah the likes of Foxy never comes down to a Bray game, which is disappointing really seeing he was with us for such a long long time. Most players are only with us a few seasons at max so they have no loyalty or interest in us what so ever but in saying that i reckon you would spot 20 or so ex-Players at each home game who have a genuine interest in the club so fair play to them.

Good idea you should do that!

Ex-player/s also living in the Bray area who don't attend games. I think before barstoolers are brought up some people need to look a little closer to home before they go down that road!

Fair play to Foxy for travelling from Arklow to the games. Is he still living down there? I know Richie Parsons travels as well and Maurice Farrell.

Bray Head
27/07/2012, 9:26 AM
Bo McKeever is also at every home match.

Joe Strummer
02/08/2012, 8:14 PM
Would you travel to an old job every second week to see who things are going???
At the end of the day they were getting paid to play for Bray the only loyalty they had was to money.
You are only kidding yourself to think otherwise.

peadar1987
02/08/2012, 8:29 PM
Tarzan would disagree with you!

Captain2007
03/08/2012, 11:43 AM
Would you travel to an old job every second week to see who things are going???
At the end of the day they were getting paid to play for Bray the only loyalty they had was to money.
You are only kidding yourself to think otherwise.

There is a few names mentioned above and below who would disagree with your viewpoint, yes we have had plenty of journey men whom had their hand out for the money,but there was plenty of players who played for the Jersey and the club and they are the players whom you see in the carlisle week in week out. I wished there were more ex-players supporting like Richie, Bo, Kieran,Josh and Maurice apologies to any ex.players I forgot to mention that attend the home games.

peadar1987
03/08/2012, 12:57 PM
I think I've seen Derek Foran once or twice as well, although that was a few years ago, and he probably still had a good few mates in the team, he could have just been visiting them, as opposed to actually taking an interest in Wanderers.