PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v Dublin City

SSS
20/08/2004, 5:12 PM
Noel O'Connor has said that the team will be selected close to kick off and that a few guys are doing very well in training and pushing for a start... wonder if there'll be a couple of changes.

niamh
20/08/2004, 8:04 PM
City 1-0 down.
Terrible defending apparently

tiktok
20/08/2004, 8:11 PM
Sh!te, George missed a first half penalty to boot.
Apparently we're playing, and I quote "Chronic" :(

niamh
20/08/2004, 8:20 PM
1-1 Bennett
At least that.

tiktok
20/08/2004, 8:23 PM
Just got a text saying that Colin is right back, Billy on the wing, but Fenn practically playing on his own up front and has been substitued by Nwankwo,

I tried to think how they're lining up, but it just confuses me

niamh
20/08/2004, 8:42 PM
Full Time 1-1

Storysham
20/08/2004, 9:08 PM
Poor crowd, crap atmosphere, terrible football. We didnt even deserve a point, home farm were playing us off the pitch until the last 25 minutes. Lucky to get a draw. Devine was about the best of the city players, nwanko did well enough too when he came on.

adamcarr
20/08/2004, 9:13 PM
What a heartless performance, bar the last 20 mins. Benno, Kearney, Doyler and maybe Gamble and Murphy can be happy. The rest were useless. Colin cant play right back, All Home Farms chances were created on the right. Woods was crap, same with Georgie and Dan. Kearney hit the post. But HomeFarm hit the bar. Georgie took a poor peno and why he still takes them is beyond me.

In the 1st half there was 3 chants/songs. If Barry Ryan wasnt playing there would be no atmosphere. :rolleyes:

If Dolan is going to drop Lordan, would he at least replace him with Greg! :mad:

adamcarr
20/08/2004, 10:06 PM
I thought Dolan should have subbed George for Greg. Moving Greg to RB and Colin to CM but would Dolan bring on Greg...not in a million years!

martin_rules_ie
20/08/2004, 10:07 PM
come on now, you can't sub george!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

optimus
21/08/2004, 2:42 AM
What a heartless performance, bar the last 20 mins. Benno, Kearney, Doyler and maybe Gamble and Murphy can be happy. The rest were useless. Colin cant play right back, All Home Farms chances were created on the right. Woods was crap, same with Georgie and Dan. Kearney hit the post. But HomeFarm hit the bar. Georgie took a poor peno and why he still takes them is beyond me.

In the 1st half there was 3 chants/songs. If Barry Ryan wasnt playing there would be no atmosphere. :rolleyes:

If Dolan is going to drop Lordan, would he at least replace him with Greg! :mad:
spot on kid .. a heartless performance from many of citys players is it fatigue or is it a case of the league is over why bother playin anymore....
i hope its only fatigue

ian
21/08/2004, 7:48 AM
I must say that was a load of s-it on the park last night. We had a good few chances and we did not take them' fair play to Dublin City they played well and played the ball good. I am not one to say the Dolan is a bad manager but as some one said in a post do he know what the hell he is doing he is a good pr man and all that but I think that he dose not know he's first team but I will say one thing the players are still in the intertoto cup. They must stop this s-it football they are playing at the moment and start getting it together on the pitch. I am not one for saying that the team are playing s-it but it is sad that we are playing this rubbish at the mo. They way we played for the first half of the season it was good football but we are looking bad at the moment.

So cork city get the finger out and get the ball rolling the way we played at the start of the season.

City till I die. :o :o

patsh
21/08/2004, 9:26 AM
Greg wasn't even on the bench, so he couldn't have come on. Behan, the headless chicken, was though and got his usual pointless run out. Gamble was OK, not better than Colin though. George was poor enough, Dan Murray needs time on the bench. Woodsy wasn't that bad, made some good passes and runs, should have had two goals. Nwanko looked like he is worth a run in the starting 11, and needs it. Taking Fenn off was a major mistake.
The performance of the rest of the team can be summed up as not bad, but not very good either.
There is something seriously lacking on the field at the moment.
There were flashs of great passing and football at times, and lets be honest, if we had scored 5 or 6 last night, it wouldn't have flattered us.
Don't understand why Steve O'Flynn isn't on the bench.
He played for 20 minutes against the muckers up in Leeds park a few weeks ago, surely he was worth 10 minutes last night?
I reckon Lennox is getting fairly p*ssed off at the moment. Too many players not earning thier wages, and the season falling apart. The team has simply imploded.

On a brighter note, I'm off to sign for CHFDC.
If W*nker Collins can sign their number 11 from last night, he will sign me!

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:28 AM
Greg wasn't even on the bench, so he couldn't have come on.

until he takes away his transfer request he wont get in the squad

patsh
21/08/2004, 9:29 AM
until he takes away his transfer request he wont get in the squadand he couldn't and didn't get in the squad when he hadn't asked for a transfer.
Catch 22 isn't it?

patsh
21/08/2004, 9:30 AM
Greg, Behan, Nolan, Lordan and Nwankwo were the subs last night.

At one stage Dolan called Greg to cget ready to come on but we scored aminute afterwards so that messed that idea up.Are you sure?
I thought I saw him, but then was told he wasn't there.

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 9:34 AM
Greg wasn't even on the bench, so he couldn't have come on.
I was sitting near the dugout. He was on the bench alright, and was running up and down the sideline for a while. His name was not read out by the public address system though. Strange thing, that.

Breifne
21/08/2004, 10:50 AM
On a brighter note, I'm off to sign for CHFDC.
If W*nker Collins can sign their number 11 from last night, he will sign me!

Collins didn't sign Peter Hynes, John Gill did about two weeks prior to his departure, he has been doing okay in training, but looked a little of the pace last night, in what was in fairness his eircom League debut, remains to be seen what might happen with him, might improve a little over the course of the next thirteen games, have a feeling, we might have seen the last of him for the next while though,

Thought he did okay in patches, he showed flashes of good play, and then seemed to drift a lot, never know, might just need a couple of games.

patsh
21/08/2004, 11:14 AM
Collins didn't sign Peter Hynes,
Thought he did okay in patches, he showed flashes of good play, and then seemed to drift a lot, never know, might just need a couple of games.What flashes were they?
I've seen some useless donkeys out the Cross, but that guy took the biscuit.
He was utterly useless, we were playing ten men for the first half, which only goes to prove how far we have fallen over the last month......:(

SSS
21/08/2004, 11:38 AM
Greg, Behan, Nolan, Lordan and Nwankwo were the subs last night.
At one stage Dolan called Greg to cget ready to come on but we scored aminute afterwards so that messed that idea up.

As xtreme says, Greg was there and nearly came on.

City could have scored a hatful last night but it just wouldn't happen. I thought Colin was struggling a bit at RB, mainly positionally. Didn't look comfortable IMO. Frustrating as it was, we had loads of chances before and after the Dublin goal. But the recent run means that this result cannot be called a glitch. There is a problem is you lose 5 and draw 1 of eight domestic games. Euro hangover? More like permament paralysis. :(

As for where is Steveo..what about Hoggie :confused:

thecorner
21/08/2004, 11:39 PM
Behan, the headless chicken,

bit harsh

how is a player supposed to make an impact if hes brought on for the last 2minutes of every game

not his biggest fan either but its totally unfair

he bagged a hat-trick for the u-21s today

hoggie and SOF also started

wiseman
23/08/2004, 10:45 AM
The performace was puzzling. We had a lot of possession and chances but the final third left us down. Colin at RB was way off, as a result we had poor coverage at RB and did not control the midfield. Gamble is not a midfield battler like Colin is.
There is no point in playing the long ball for Fenn as he is physically incapable of running (in a fast burst required to pass a defender).
Why did George take the penalty. Any one I spoke to after reckoned on Fenn or Doyle.
Greg was on the bench, Dolan called him back at one stage but in hindsight I think it was because we cheered Greg and not cause Dolan was going to play him (did not see Greg warm up again)
Behan is not even related to a footballer. He had his chance last season when O'Flynn was out and did not add anything to the team, no imagination and no skill.
The main thing that stood out was they did not play as a team. There was no unity and what used to be our complaint against Liam Murphy no sign of a game plan when things don't click.
Mind you Lennox's opening lines in the programme would not have instilled any confidence in the team, particularily as it was accurate and honest.

razor
23/08/2004, 11:04 AM
Totally agree with wiseman there.
We battered them for the first 20 minutes or so and then seemed to sit back.
I knew George would miss, he shouldn't be first ever.
Doyle or Fenn on the other hand would not have missed.

I know there is another thread for the Georgie love-in but he just isn't performing at the moment. Whether its cause he is in the wrong position or just doesn't care i do not know. CT was like a fish out of water at RB.
Murray is returning to his early season form and taking Murphy with him.
Bennett is my player of the season so far. The boy is outstanding.
I thought Gamble did ok in patches and probably needs games and now that our season is over maybe he can get these.
What'd be wrong with CT & Gamble in MF?
Thought Doyle & Fenn did as well as could be expected, the service they received was on the whole poor.
I was disapointed that Fenn came off, Woods was atrocious and has been for a while. He should have been draged with Doyle going wide and Fenn & George up front or even a front 3.
Woods form is so bad that surely young Nolan deserves a trot out.
Lennox's patience seems to be running thin, his comments were designed probably as a kick in the ass for the whole staff, didn't work though.
Can't blame him the amount he's shelling out every week for Dolans massive 'team'. Dolan is only really using 15 players while another 15 sit on their ass eagerly anticipating the next U21 game.
Somethings got to give. We'll wait and see.

Colm
23/08/2004, 11:25 AM
I know there is another thread for the Georgie love-in but he just isn't performing at the moment. Whether its cause he is in the wrong position or just doesn't care i do not know.

What a stupid comment to make. Nobody cares more than Georgie, he always gives it his all and loves the club to bits. As for him playing in the wrong position, it's only a few short weeks since everyone on here was saying how he'd really made the midfield position his own and how right Dolan was to have moved him there!
The guy had a couple of poor games and that's it.... it's not because he's in the wrong position or because he doesn't care. Every player is entitled to a few bad games but just because it's Georgie some people are delighed to finally have an oppurtunity to critisise him. :rolleyes: :mad:

thecorner
23/08/2004, 11:44 AM
but just because it's Georgie some people are delighed to finally have an oppurtunity to critisise him. :rolleyes: :mad:

i think its called jealousy,colm

Colm
23/08/2004, 11:48 AM
i think its called jealousy,colm

Yeah, you're right.
A small few narrow minded people have a major problem with Georgie for some reason. He's been so brilliant for us that they rarely, if ever, get an oppurtunity to critisise him so now that he's played one or two bad games they are overjoyed that they finally have a chance to slate Georgie and express their ignorant opinions. :mad:
Idiots, each and every last one of them.

razor
23/08/2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah, you're right.
A small few narrow minded people have a major problem with Georgie for some reason. He's been so brilliant for us that they rarely, if ever, get an oppurtunity to critisise him so now that he's played one or two bad games they are overjoyed that they finally have a chance to slate Georgie and express their ignorant opinions. :mad:
Idiots, each and every last one of them.

Look Colm, firstly there is no player on the City team exempt from criticism.
As you can see from my post I didn't "narrow" my criticism to just George.
George in my opinion apart from Fenn is the most naturally gifted of all our players and I'd love it if he played to his full potential every week, love it.
And its not just him, all the players should be fulfilling their potential its just that George being more gifted, has a lot more.
George seemed to play much better up front the other night which would lead me to believe this position suits him much better, in fact he has even come out and said this himself. Hence my opinion on his positioning.

And please dispense with the 'jealousy' rubbish.
I mean, come on, what age are ya?

thecorner
23/08/2004, 12:16 PM
what age are ya?

exactly arent you a bit old to be getting jealous of people

razor
23/08/2004, 12:18 PM
exactly arent you a bit old to be getting jealous of people

I know sure but you're just so good looking. ;)

tiktok
23/08/2004, 12:20 PM
Razor's right guys...

I'm not calling for George to be dropped or anything, but there's no point ignoring the fact that he's going through a bad spell at the moment, some of the abuse he gets is unjustified I'll grant you, but the thread here is more about people looking at the reasons behind the dip in form rather than anything else.

I'm sure he'll come through it, maybe even start that resurrgence against Derry.

Colm
23/08/2004, 12:26 PM
he's going through a bad spell at the moment.

That's it exactly but all players got through bad spells at some point in the season so there's no reason to be giving Georgie such stick when other players can go through a much worse spell and get away with it.

ian
23/08/2004, 12:27 PM
Lads city will come good just watch and we will be happy at the end of the season when we will end up 2nd. :) :)

thecorner
23/08/2004, 12:32 PM
georgie this that,georgie that

everything something goes wrong its fcuking georgies fault

have a loook around at a certain centre half that hasnt played well since malmo at home and he seems to be escaping criticism

its just because its georgie,people love to have a pop

razor
23/08/2004, 12:58 PM
georgie this that,georgie that

everything something goes wrong its fcuking georgies fault

have a loook around at a certain centre half that hasnt played well since malmo at home and he seems to be escaping criticism

its just because its georgie,people love to have a pop

I can't understand what all the fuss is about.
People are so sensitive when the word George appears in any post.
My initial post had a reference to your 'certain centre half' and had a good cut off Billy too but all people can see is "GEORGE".

Neil
23/08/2004, 1:03 PM
"GEORGE".

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Look he's at it again!

I'd say George couldn't give a flying **** what kind of **** is said on here anyway. And I'd say he's too clever to let the apes in the stands bother him either.

Legend 10.

Fair_play_boy
23/08/2004, 1:40 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
And I'd say he's too clever to let the apes in the stands bother him either.
Legend 10.As a recent convert to the comforts of the stand (last 7 or 8 home games) I have noticed that some of the apes seem to be sitting in the general visinity of the commentary box, an area which includes vip season ticket holders.