PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

abbeyvale
17/08/2012, 1:01 PM
I'd sooner be in yere shoes than he's,ye won 4 0,what happened his crowd,hammered.

Who's "his crowd"?

Hibs7772
17/08/2012, 4:58 PM
Jenventuz - Aisling not one of the better teams in the premier.
From what i was told Johnny O, had a field day and they took the foot off the gas in the second half?
Who were the scorers?
Would like to see hibs do well, but have a feelng its gonna be the same as Shannon Town when they went up.
Wasnt at the game, and due to the weather didnt watch any game!

Hibs should've 2 or 3 goals up before Aisling scored their first, Jamie Egan put the ball into the box on at least 3 occasions but the Hibs players missed, sliced and ballooned every time. Aisling scored with their first chance, Johnny O'Koro with a header from a corner. Hibs had another couple of great chances but same story again, missing real good chances, O'Koro scored his second with a shot that could have been easily blocked and saved. Hibs Keeper made 2 good saves, first touching a low shot around to post and again saving with his legs. Aisling scored again just before half time to make 3-0 at the break.

Second half Hibs upped their game a bit but an unfotunate own goal really was the nail in the coffin. Both teams kept on pushing for goals and Hibs found the net with 10 minutes left with a shot from close range after Egan again putting the ball into the danger area, this time Hibs took their chance. With about 5 minutes to go a free kick into the area was headed home from close range by Farrell to make it final score 4-2 to Aisling.

To be fair to both teams they played some good ball in bad conditions. Hibs imo didn't look out of place and if they took their chances they could've won this game but will have to learn that if you don't take them you will pay the price.
DSMALL1 - yes aishing are not one of the better teams in the premier but we were far from over ran, maybe the scoreline suggests we were but in the second half we had majority of possession and the better of the chances and not having a go but you werent even at the game so you shouldnt believe all of what you hear, dunno who Johnny O is but they had a small lad number 10 in midfield of who was very good alright. Scorers for hibs were Davy Wall and Seamus Farrel.

Lobster- i agree with all of what you said, Jamie Egan was playing some unbelieveable balls across the face of the box and no one was there to get on the end of them. Hibs didn't look out of place and could easily have taken something from the game, apart from a bad first 20-25 mins we did good enough

bishbash
17/08/2012, 5:05 PM
What was the janesboro team?

Hibs7772
17/08/2012, 7:21 PM
Predictions:

Geraldines 3-1 Corbally
Kilmallock 0-3 Wembley Rovers
Ballynanty Rvs 3-1 Regional Utd
Fairview Rgs 0-2 Carew Park
Aisling Annacotty 1-3 Janesboro

mrman
17/08/2012, 7:55 PM
What do you mean you heard,sure didn't you see them for 20 mins????,make up your mind,Didn't go to script for ye last night,

yeap seen them for 20 min and got texts then for the rest of the game, heard ye were lucky Dugga, the ref helped ye it seems against mostly minors,

Minesapint
17/08/2012, 11:17 PM
yeap seen them for 20 min and got texts then for the rest of the game, heard ye were lucky Dugga, the ref helped ye it seems against mostly minors,
If you go back on your text you prob slipped up, by the sounds of your post the only minor is you ;)

My-right-boot
18/08/2012, 8:59 AM
What was the hibs line up including subs?

oscar
18/08/2012, 9:12 AM
I think you read me wrong Abbey, Geraldines will hold their own this season but I think Regional will go down. I seen 20 min of the game even though Regional are big they are missing something,

ya its called heart

dirtfree
18/08/2012, 2:18 PM
How many subs can you bring on in a match is it 3 or 5..

FiveB
18/08/2012, 3:02 PM
Regional will go straight down with the messing that is going on in that club, starting players that haven't trained at all and putting so called good players with big reputations on that didn't do any preseason. Anybody hear any more??

fifty50
18/08/2012, 3:13 PM

Ross dunne Eddie dunne steven tuohy Davy wall bj cantillon Ryan Kelly Jamie Cullen Derek Maxwell Jamie Egan Robbie wall Brian mcgorian, subs were jack Kelly alex cole Andy Fitz Julian woods Seamus Farrell

Hibs7772
18/08/2012, 4:34 PM

Ross dunne Eddie dunne steven tuohy Davy wall bj cantillon Ryan Kelly Jamie Cullen Derek Maxwell Jamie Egan Robbie wall Brian mcgorian, subs were jack Kelly alex cole Andy Fitz Julian woods Seamus Farrell
There yeah go spot on haha:p

Hollywood Hogan
18/08/2012, 11:34 PM
No prices in paddy powers for tomorrows fixtures, must be sore after the dines victory thursday. Fancy dines again tomorrow, along with wembley, carew n d boro. Cant re invest d winnings unfortunately

Side Cutter
19/08/2012, 11:40 AM
Shannon Hibs 1 Pike 6

OneTwo
19/08/2012, 12:10 PM
Result:
Kilmallock 2 - 3 Wembley

AlanOB
19/08/2012, 12:10 PM
Fairview 2-2 Carew Park

Fairly typical early season game in that there wasn't much in the way of good football on show, but an eventful game nonetheless. The first half in particular was very poor with Carew going ahead through a fairly dubiously awarded Griffin pen on the stroke of half time. Second half was better and Fairview got a deserved equaliser after 65 minutes when Madigan threaded a through ball to McGrath who rounded Power to score. They had the momentum and looked like they nicked it with minutes remaining when McGrath hounded the ball back from a Carew centre half (Keane?) in the box and blasted it past the keeper.

But it wasn't to be and poor defending in the left back position saw Jonathan Grant sneak in at the back post with a header 4 minutes from time to win a point for his side.

Fairview have a young side but they look like they could be moulded into something decent over the next few years. Madigan in midfield and McGrath up front in particular look like fantastic players. Again though, they look weak in the full back positions with 3 different players filling in at left back today.

Carew look like they've added to their side from last year and have to be favourites for 3rd place.

thomas72
19/08/2012, 12:19 PM
FAirview 2 Carew park 2, gary griffin, Jonathan Grant, mcgrath with two for view.

GOod game this morning carew went one up with a pen through gary griffin HT 1-0 into 2nd half carew keeper made a great save apart from that carew were not really troubled and missed a great chance to kill the game off one oo one keeper got a toe to it to keep it out carew were now looking for the killer goal. until a defensive mistake let in the view striker who finished very well from been in front and looking good 5mins later carew found themselves 2-1 down and another defensive mistake gifted the BALL to the view striker who unleashed a unstoppable shot into the top corner great finish. WIth 2mins left a great ball from Steven Grant to his brother Jonathan Grant who scored with a great header into the top corner.

Minesapint
19/08/2012, 6:51 PM
Watching gerldines and corbally today was a reality check on how poor junior soccer is both sides had a competition on who could kick the ball the length of the pitch.

AlanOB
19/08/2012, 7:20 PM
In fairness, as I said above, it's early days yet. Players are still playing themselves back to match fitness.

Also, you kind of have to manage your expectations. Rathuard isn't exactly the Nou Camp.

abbeyvale
19/08/2012, 7:51 PM
TEAM PL W D L F A PTS
Pike Rovers 2 2 0 0 8 2 6
Carew Park 2 1 1 0 7 3 4
Geraldines 2 1 1 0 5 1 4
Ballynanty Rs 2 1 1 0 4 1 4
Wembley Rvs 2 1 1 0 7 6 4
Janesboro 2 1 0 1 6 5 3
Aisling Ann 2 1 0 1 6 8 3
Corbally Utd 2 0 2 0 5 5 2
Fairview Rgs 2 0 1 1 3 4 1
Regional Utd 2 0 1 1 1 5 1
Kilmallock 2 0 0 2 3 8 0
Shannon Hibs 2 0 0 2 3 10 0

Results
Sun 19/08/12
Geraldines 1-1 Corbally,
Kilmallock 2-3 Wembley Rovers,
Ballynanty Rvs 1-1 Regional Utd,
Fairview Rgs 2-2 Carew Park,
Aisling Annacotty 2-6 Janesboro,
Shannon Hibernian 1-6 Pike Rovers,

Fixtures
Thur 23/08/12 @ 6.30
Corbally Utd V Kilmallock
Geraldines v Ballynanty
Wembley Rovers v Fairview
Regional Utd v Aisling Annacotty
Carew Park V Shannon Hibernian
Janesboro V Pike Rovers

TopperHarley
20/08/2012, 8:27 AM
Watching gerldines and corbally today was a reality check on how poor junior soccer is both sides had a competition on who could kick the ball the length of the pitch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both teams teams fancied the 3 points so the game was a bit of a battle but good to watch IMO

passandmove
20/08/2012, 12:05 PM
Kilmallock 2 Wembley 3,big 3 points for us but have to say we rode our luck for most of it and scored our goals at crucial times in the game,major improvement needed still if we are going to be competitive this season.Quick word on the ref buttimer, if this fella is meant to be 1 of the best around and doing loi games then i throw my hat at it,the man needs to lose the ego and LEARN the rules of the game.Best of luck to kilmallock for the rest of the season.

Hibs7772
21/08/2012, 4:19 AM
Predictions:

Thur 23/08/12 @ 6.30
Corbally Utd 1-0 Kilmallock
Geraldines 2-2 Ballynanty
Wembley Rovers 2-1 Fairview
Regional Utd 2-0 Aisling Annacotty
Carew Park V Shannon Hibernian
Janesboro 1-1 Pike Rovers

mrman
21/08/2012, 3:55 PM
I think Pike will take the boro , is Alan Barry still suspended, a class player.

Fairkop
21/08/2012, 10:12 PM
anyone with news of the limerick players and the junior int team to night?i presume game went ahead.

lankyboy26
21/08/2012, 10:41 PM
If Pike beat Janesboro on Thursday they go 6 points clear of Boro. The league is essentially over then you could say. Great thing to be saying in August....

lawman
21/08/2012, 11:20 PM
Kilmallock 2 Wembley 3,big 3 points for us but have to say we rode our luck for most of it and scored our goals at crucial times in the game,major improvement needed still if we are going to be competitive this season.Quick word on the ref buttimer, if this fella is meant to be 1 of the best around and doing loi games then i throw my hat at it,the man needs to lose the ego and LEARN the rules of the game.Best of luck to kilmallock for the rest of the season.

wasnt't at the game (or any for a while) so can't comment. but i was at a youths game this evening in Fairgreen where my nephew was playing (well actually he was an unused sub and they were hammered) and that ref was in charge. No yellow cards, quiet word with the players, first free kick was after about 20 minutes, and was completely unnoticed throughout. I know it was him cos i overheard him chatting with Fairview management about his holidays before the game and I was at the lims v man city game with the kids and saw him there too. again no yellows and no attitute so he appears to know what hes doing. rumour has it that you guys took him on and lost the battle.... any truth in that? so that nuetrals are aware of the facts can you say how many yellows or reds he gave out in your game and how many were for each team? and are you sure hes doing loi games cos i heard him saying to players during the warm up how old he was and how he wishes he could start all over again? anyway that my last game for months as work shifts have changed again and cant argue as the company is in dire straits. i dont even own a car anymore so cant afford to be without a job.

Jofspring
21/08/2012, 11:35 PM
Buttimer is still doing LOI. He did Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers in the league live on setanta last week and we have had him a few times this season.

lawman
21/08/2012, 11:47 PM
Buttimer is still doing LOI. He did Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers in the league live on setanta last week and we have had him a few times this season.

didnt know that. dont have sky any more and never had setanta. so when you say "we" are you a player or a supporter and whats your opinion on his refereeeing? unlesss of course you know him personally.

lawman
21/08/2012, 11:52 PM
sorry jofspring, have to go now. taxi outside to bring me to work. will be logged on all night/morning as battery life is down to less than 30 minutes, so have to leave it on charge all the time. anybody got any advice how to fix this for no money as its food or electricity at this stage.... bring back fianna fail :) at least we knew they were s''@ewing us :)

Jofspring
21/08/2012, 11:52 PM
didnt know that. dont have sky any more and never had setanta. so when you say "we" are you a player or a supporter and whats your opinion on his refereeeing? unlesss of course you know him personally.

We as in Limerick FC. Just a supporter there and have never had him for junior as i'd be surprised if he did anything outside premier in Limerick. At junior level he would be a top ref and even at LOI he isn't as bad as some. He is pretty arrogant though and can nit pick a lot. He has been known to hold up LOI premier game for up to half an hour after it is supposed to have kicked off because the sleeves on the two teams jerseys were a similar colour. Denied us 2 stone wall penalties against Shamrock Rovers too as he bottled it. Barr that as I mention he isn't too bad. He needs to leave his ego at the door though.

Hibs7772
22/08/2012, 12:33 AM
If Pike beat Janesboro on Thursday they go 6 points clear of Boro. The league is essentially over then you could say. Great thing to be saying in August....
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking lankyboy so that's why I think the Boro will get a point against pike and if not its a sad state when the league is over after 3 matches, not mathematically but cant see pike dropping points against anyone else

lankyboy26
22/08/2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking lankyboy so that's why I think the Boro will get a point against pike and if not its a sad state when the league is over after 3 matches, not mathematically but cant see pike dropping points against anyone else

Agreed. Can't see Pike dropping points to anyone but Janesboro this season. If Pike win, the league is over. In the past, Balla, Regional or Fairview would take points off Pike, but that isn't gonna happen this season. An away game for Pike is just as comfortable as a home game

oscar
22/08/2012, 2:15 AM
I think Pike will take the boro , is Alan Barry still suspended, a class player.

ya think he is Boro have to beat them or thats it,if Pike go 6pts ahead after 3 games its over

anyone with news of the limerick players and the junior int team to night?i presume game went ahead.

Wayne Colbert played the full game and Shane Clarke and Alan Barry came on at HT,game finished 2-2,all 3 done well

oldlegs
22/08/2012, 8:10 AM
e Colbert played the full game and Shane Clarke and Alan Barry came on at HT,game finished 2-2,all 3 done well[/QUOTE]Did the lad from Park in Cork get a game Darren lynch ?

the lobster
22/08/2012, 9:14 AM
From the AUL Site... http://www.aul.ie/news.php

prawnsandwich2
22/08/2012, 9:29 AM
e Colbert played the full game and Shane Clarke and Alan Barry came on at HT,game finished 2-2,all 3 done wellDid the lad from Park in Cork get a game Darren lynch ?[/QUOTE]

heard pike and boro game off tomorrow night. can anyone confirm???

hotspur
22/08/2012, 1:38 PM
Did the lad from Park in Cork get a game Darren lynch ?

heard pike and boro game off tomorrow night. can anyone confirm???[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that prawn??no one else heard it.

Minesapint
22/08/2012, 2:04 PM
Im going 2 1 boro

prawnsandwich2
22/08/2012, 2:17 PM
heard pike and boro game off tomorrow night. can anyone confirm???

Where did you hear that prawn??no one else heard it.[/QUOTE]

something got to do with the fact that people were involved in the junior international match..
could have got wrong info though

hotspur
22/08/2012, 8:15 PM
Where did you hear that prawn??no one else heard it.

something got to do with the fact that people were involved in the junior international match..
could have got wrong info though[/QUOTE]

You were given wrong info.that match is going ahead,

Hollywood Hogan
23/08/2012, 7:46 PM
Shannon hibs beaten 8-0 tonight, they were atrocious. Worst i have seen in premier in years. 19 goals conceded in 3 games. Need to improve big time in next few weeks

AlanOB
23/08/2012, 8:01 PM
Janesboro 0-3 Pike Rovers

Result never in doubt. Pike dominated from every perspective - possession, 50-50s and especially aerially. Mullins and Enright were never troubled in the air and the frequency with which Boro launched it up to them didn't help matters. I thought they would have learned from the Tuohy win in January that the best bet against those two is to play balls into the channels and test them for pace, although the absence of ball players like O'Gorman was a factor.

Martin Deady had an excellent game in midfield, breaking up the play constantly. Eddie O'Donovan did a great job on Waters. Goals were from Hanrahan (a brilliant strike from the edge of the area), Hartnett (header from a set piece) and Doona (same again).

Lee O'Mara was probably the standout player for Boro. Made a number of important interceptions and blocks to keep the score down. Clarke looked very out of sorts and McCarthy tired quickly.

League over?

mrman
23/08/2012, 8:20 PM
though they were 2 very average teams, none of them 2 teams will win mjc or fai this season, Hartnett was very good, mullins and enright were good but that was it for pike, as for Janesboro, glasheen should have saved at least 2 of those goals, I dont think hes a premier keeper any more. as for clarke, if you dont get the ball to his feet he didnt seem to want to know anything about it, Janesboro will def drop points again, will probally finish 3rd or 4th in the league, unless Kevin Barry can make a differance, Boro are lucky Alan Barry wasnt playing this evening or it would have been a much higher score, pike or boro are not a shadow of the teams they were last year.

hotspur
23/08/2012, 8:25 PM
though they were 2 very average teams, none of them 2 teams will win mjc or fai this season, Hartnett was very good, mullins and enright were good but that was it for pike, as for Janesboro, glasheen should have saved at least 2 of those goals, I dont think hes a premier keeper any more. as for clarke, if you dont get the ball to his feet he didnt seem to want to know anything about it, Janesboro will def drop points again, will probally finish 3rd or 4th in the league, unless Kevin Barry can make a differance, Boro are lucky Alan Barry wasnt playing this evening or it would have been a much higher score, pike or boro are not a shadow of the teams they were last year.

Hahaha,

lankyboy26
23/08/2012, 8:29 PM

Result never in doubt. Pike dominated from every perspective - possession, 50-50s and especially aerially. Mullins and Enright were never troubled in the air and the frequency with which Boro launched it up to them didn't help matters. I thought they would have learned from the Tuohy win in January that the best bet against those two is to play balls into the channels and test them for pace, although the absence of ball players like O'Gorman was a factor.

Martin Deady had an excellent game in midfield, breaking up the play constantly. Eddie O'Donovan did a great job on Waters. Goals were from Hanrahan (a brilliant strike from the edge of the area), Hartnett (header from a set piece) and Doona (same again).

Lee O'Mara was probably the standout player for Boro. Made a number of important interceptions and blocks to keep the score down. Clarke looked very out of sorts and McCarthy tired quickly.

League over?

Answer : Yes

thomas72
23/08/2012, 8:51 PM
Carew park 8 Shannon hibs 0, jamie Kelly, gary griffin, Jonathan Grant, Brian ahern, Steven Grant, kyle mcgrath 2, dale mac.

CArew park bench john boyle, pa boyle, dale mac, jamie o Sullivan, mark sla couple of lads had a few knocks.
Tough game for Shannon they need to regroup best of luck to them for the rest of the season.

abbeyvale
23/08/2012, 9:05 PM
TEAM PL W D L F A PTS
Pike Rovers 3 3 0 0 11 2 9
Carew Park 3 2 1 0 15 3 7
Geraldines 3 2 1 0 8 1 7
Wembley Rvs 3 1 1 1 8 8 4
Fairview Rgs 3 1 1 1 5 5 4
Ballynanty Rs 3 1 1 1 4 4 4
Regional Utd 3 1 1 1 5 6 4
Corbally Utd 3 0 3 0 5 5 3
Janesboro 3 1 0 2 6 8 3
Aisling Ann 3 1 0 2 7 12 3
Kilmallock 3 0 1 2 3 8 1
Shannon Hibs 3 0 0 3 3 18 0

Results
Thur 23/08/12
Corbally Utd 0-0 Kilmallock
Geraldines 3-0 Ballynanty
Wembley Rovers 1-2 Fairview
Regional Utd 4-1 Aisling Annacotty
Carew Park 8-0 Shannon Hibernian

AlanOB
23/08/2012, 9:09 PM
Am I right in saying that Fairview were one down in that game? Heard something on the sideline earlier.

celticlads
23/08/2012, 9:11 PM
are carew strong enough to challange pike this year lads?