PDA

View Full Version : So, EZRSS is dead...

dahamsta
03/07/2012, 9:36 AM
I've been waiting for it to come back because some feeds still come through in Google Reader, but it doesn't look likely at this stage. Can anyone recommend a replacement?

osarusan
03/07/2012, 3:00 PM
You lost me at EZRSS.

dahamsta
03/07/2012, 10:29 PM
It's the RSS feed generator for EZTV, which is a torrent aggregator for TV shows. I don't feed the RSS into anything, I just keep an eye on them in Google Reader.

A N Mouse
04/07/2012, 3:22 PM
I've been waiting for it to come back because some feeds still come through in Google Reader, but it doesn't look likely at this stage. Can anyone recommend a replacement?

Does reader not still offer the subscribe to any page option - could try subscribing to search results or the series page.

Or look for a scraper.

dahamsta
04/07/2012, 3:32 PM
Nope, they dropped it. And although I could use Page2RSS or similar to sub to a page, I'm really looking for an actual feed. There's a few of them out there, was just checking in case someone here had already don't the research. :)

A N Mouse
04/07/2012, 5:11 PM
Nope, they dropped it. And although I could use Page2RSS or similar to sub to a page, I'm really looking for an actual feed. There's a few of them out there, was just checking in case someone here had already don't the research. :)

Seems google will let you create a feed from search results, if you have an account - and you're using reader.

2 options listed here (http://www.labnol.org/internet/rss-feeds-for-google-searches/19944/)

At the risk of teaching my granny to suck eggs - use a search in the form

site: sitename querystring

dahamsta
04/07/2012, 6:02 PM
It's not for search results though, it's for show feeds.

A N Mouse
05/07/2012, 12:33 PM
It's not for search results though, it's for show feeds.

And something like this (in google) is a close approximation (without relying on someone to produce a scrapper)

allinurl:ep better off ted site:eztv.it

(ep is optional)

dahamsta
05/07/2012, 9:27 PM
it won't bring the shows in one-by-one though A N Mouse; or rather it will, but in an unmanageable format, and I really just couldn't be arsed to hack together a scraper right now. I appreciate the effort, but it isn't going to cut it I'm afraid. :)

Trying showRSS (http://showrss.karmorra.info/) atm, see how I get on.