PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for World Cup Qualifiers

FourFiveOne
20/08/2004, 1:49 PM
Once again FourFiveOne have received an allocation of tickets from the FAI's eL initiative for Ireland's upcoming home qualifier against Cyprus. These tickets have been made available to us and are aimed at fans of eL clubs who are willing to sing and get involved in creating an atmosphere at the game.

This game takes place at Lansdowne Rd on Saturday the 4th September. If you are interested in tickets for this game then you are urged to send a PM to either FourFiveOne or to Eric ASAP. Leave your name and a contact number and we will contact you in the next few days. We are not sure as of yet of the ticket prices but will let you know the price when we contact you back.

IMPORTANT NOTES

-These tickets are for Cork City fans only. If you are not a Cork City fan you will not get tickets from us

-This initiative will be running for all of Irelands home qualifiers and any friendly matches in between. During the course of the campaign we will be keeping record of those who get tickets from us and will do our best to accomadate regular buyers for tickets further down the line. In other words, don't try and come along for the games against France and Switzerland next year and try to order a ticket if you haven't been getting them all along!!!

-While all efforts will be made to accomadate City fans with tickets please keep your order reasonable as it will not always be possible to get 5/6/7 etc tickets for people depending on demand. Regular buyers and City fans get preference

-When we make contact with you in the next few days we will give you bank account details for you to pay the money for the tickets into. It is vital that you put your name with the lodgement and keep your receipt. NO PROOF OF PAYMENT=NO TICKETS!!!!

Regards
FFO

Eric
24/08/2004, 1:53 PM
If anyone is still interested in getting tickets for the game against Cyprus please get your name in ASAP

Thanks

Neil
25/08/2004, 12:12 PM
The FourFiveOne phone is out of action - for anyone who is trying to get through to it. Apologies.
For now, call Eric or myself or email to fanzine@fourfiveone.net

Neil
27/08/2004, 10:09 AM
Phone back in action.

The allocation has been sorted anyway. Anyone who asked for tickets should have been contacted by now. If not give Eric or myself a shout or email FourFiveOne or text 086 40 50 451.

Gandhi
30/08/2004, 5:29 PM
Neil,
I've just sent you a p.m. I don't have a phone number for you or Eric.
I'm sure all the tickets are gone by now but if you could let me know either way I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot,
Brendan (Gandhi)

Eric
01/09/2004, 1:27 PM
-When we make contact with you in the next few days we will give you bank account details for you to pay the money for the tickets into. It is vital that you put your name with the lodgement and keep your receipt. NO PROOF OF PAYMENT=NO TICKETS!!!!

Regards
FFO

Is it really that hard for people to follow instructions?????

Once again people failed to put there names with the lodgements and some people who ordered tickets did not even bother to pay for them!!!

As a result our allocation of tickets has been reduced considerably, therefore we will not have as much of an allocation for future games.

Those who have proof of payment will get their tickets, those who don't have proof will not get tickets!!!

leesider
01/09/2004, 1:30 PM
Anyone know where I can get tickets for the away match against Switzerland?

macdermesser
01/09/2004, 1:48 PM
Anyone know where I can get tickets for the away match against Switzerland?

There is a thread on this site about it ..

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=157686#post157686

There are plenty of tickets floating about. I booked some from www.ticketcorner.ch

Swiss seems disinterested in the match .. might be worth contacting the FAI too, as they have been given an extra allocation now by the Swiss

BOF
01/09/2004, 2:40 PM
Those who have proof of payment will get their tickets, those who don't have proof will not get tickets!!!

Any idea when , Eric? Wats the story for collection

brendan

FourFiveOne
02/09/2004, 7:53 AM
Tickets will be available for collection tonight (Thursday) in Cashmans bar on Academy St. from 7.45pm until 8.30pm. We won't be hanging around all night for people - if they don't turn up and/or don't contact us, there is a list of people who are on standby and we will pass on the tickets at 8.30pm.

Bring a receipt or no ticket.

If you are in Dublin call myself or Eric to let us know you will be collecting the tickets in Murrays as per usual.

Cheers,
Neil

leesider
02/09/2004, 9:44 AM
There is a thread on this site about it ..

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=157686#post157686

There are plenty of tickets floating about. I booked some from www.ticketcorner.ch

Swiss seems disinterested in the match .. might be worth contacting the FAI too, as they have been given an extra allocation now by the Swiss

Managed to pull 4 tickets out of the hat.........cheers for the info though!

FourFiveOne
03/09/2004, 2:13 PM
Amazing how some people failed to show in Cashmans or even call last night. Obviously the Dublin based people will collect their tickets in Murrays but there were still 5/6 people based in Cork who didnt bother getting in touch!

Give Eric or Neil a shout today or the tickets will be sold onto those on standby.

Cheers,
FFO

Pablo
03/09/2004, 2:39 PM
i've a spare ticket if anyone needs one

niamh
03/09/2004, 2:50 PM
Is really not on the way ppl are messing FFO around with the tickets. The arrangement with the FAI is complicated enough as it is without ppl being so careless on top of it. Fair dues to the lads for keeping things going.

thecorner
03/09/2004, 2:54 PM
Is really not on the way ppl are messing FFO around with the tickets. The arrangement with the FAI is complicated enough as it is without ppl being so careless on top of it. Fair dues to the lads for keeping things going.

agreed. eric looked really stressed last night

bad form

Pablo
03/09/2004, 6:15 PM
People should have to pay well in advance then its their own tough if they dont pick them up

FFO should add on a couple of quid for the trouble too. i'd have no problem with that

pete
05/09/2004, 5:43 PM
FFO should add on a couple of quid for the trouble too. i'd have no problem with that

Yeah 10% levy would be fair for time & effort...

Snatch
05/09/2004, 9:40 PM
Great day out in Dublin yesterday. Well done to FFO for organising everything.

Great to see so many City jerseys in Landsdowne. Pity we won't have an FAI cup final there this year. :(

thecorner
05/09/2004, 9:56 PM
Pity we won't have an FAI cup final there this year. :(

dont really care where it is played

we arent in it

tiktok
06/09/2004, 7:34 AM
dont really care where it is played

we arent in it

I think that's what Snatch is saying thecorner, it's a
"pity WE won't have an FA Cup final there this season"

Good turn out by the city contingent alright...

Pity Eric had the hassle he did, something needs to be done so it's not repeated.

BOF
06/09/2004, 7:56 AM
Thanks for organising everything, lads. great day out

brendan

Gandhi
06/09/2004, 10:53 AM
Yeah 10% levy would be fair for time & effort...

I don't think the FAI would go for that! Not that I know for sure how it would be perceived, but I imagine they'd be a bit annoyed and it would jeopardise the future supply of tickets. This scheme seems to be working reasonably well and it ensures there's at least one area of the ground where there is a large bloc of fans willing to sing and keep the atmosphere going. So I'd hate to see anything happening to put that at risk. I agree 100% that people should have to pay in advance though...funny how people tend to do what they're supposed to once their cash is already committed!! I know from organising nights out at work how much of a nightmare it can be getting people to pay/ collect their tickets or whatever. People should have to go to a specific place at a time that suits whoever is looking after the tickets, and hand over their cash to go on the list, or even to go on the waiting list. Then they would turn up to collect tickets on time, and if they didn't they'd get stung financially, or at least end up having to wait to get their money back, rather than Eric or whoever having to deal with it

razor
06/09/2004, 12:19 PM
Not too sure about the levy but people wanting tickets should definitely have to cough up first.
If they have their money paid you can be sure they'd turn up in Cashmans to collect the tickets.

clarke
06/09/2004, 12:19 PM
Wasn't it great to see the FFO big flags before the match and at half time, although I suspect that many of the international "fans" were wondering what the non FAI flags were. I saw one guy taking a puzzled look at the FFO banner as it was being laid out behind the goal and I had to explain to the bloke next to me the clubs the big flags belonged to.

Any way, well done to Eric and all the others involved as well, you did CCFC prould.

Gandhi
06/09/2004, 1:38 PM
Wasn't it great to see the FFO big flags before the match and at half time, although I suspect that many of the international "fans" were wondering what the non FAI flags were. I saw one guy taking a puzzled look at the FFO banner as it was being laid out behind the goal and I had to explain to the bloke next to me the clubs the big flags belonged to.

Any way, well done to Eric and all the others involved as well, you did CCFC prould.
It's great actually! I had to explain to someone at work what the '1984' meant on one of the flags...it intrigues people and dare I say is a good marketing tactic for domestic football :D

niamh
07/09/2004, 2:59 PM
Maybe people asking for tickets and not paying up should be warned they will not be considered for future matches?
Organising crap is a nightmare and few ppl appreciate what is involved.