PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Palmer

bigfoot
20/08/2004, 12:34 PM
Is it true he is gonna br unveiled on Monday???

Heard from a mate in Manchester!

joeSoap
20/08/2004, 12:37 PM
Carlton should be permanently veiled.....he's definitely the ugliest man I've ever seen!! :p

cathal
20/08/2004, 12:59 PM
by all accounts he has a entry in the guinness book of records for the most number of hopscotch's in a fixed period of time. honestly..

it was mentioned on "They think's it all over...". he did when he was a boy scout in the 80's

Longfordian
20/08/2004, 1:02 PM
He must be nearly 40 by now surely? He was crap in his prime what would he be like now, himself and the Rod would make some team..

Maynard
20/08/2004, 5:27 PM
It's true. He'll be available for the Drogheda game.

Longfordian
20/08/2004, 10:57 PM
39 in December, he hasnt played in two seasons for gods sake whats the point in bringing the likes of him over, its a throwback to the days when George Best and Rodney Marsh and the likes used to fly over for the odd game, why not look for decent young players in Ireland Roddy? Your club would be a lot better off in the long term, but then I doubt Roddy's in it for the long term somehow..

pineapple stu
21/08/2004, 11:13 AM
Carlton should be permanently veiled.....he's definitely the ugliest man I've ever seen!! :p

Did you never see Iain Dowie?! :eek: :D

Isn't Palmer the only person to have been sent off in the Premiership for four different clubs? Won't be playing much if he keeps that up?!

Where the hell have Dublin City gotten the money for him, Byrne, Rowlands et al though? Are they picking up some tips from their landlords?! And when they get relegated, how many of the players are going to be left?

Pauro 76
21/08/2004, 8:56 PM
Carlton Palmer! That is just hilarious! Who was the last club he played, didnt he manage Stockport at one stage? What a clown Roddy is, have to say with the letting go of 15 players and signing Carlton Palmer, this man never keeps us short of entertainment i can tell you that! Brilliant, he's even more past it than Gascoigne! Graham Taylor picked him for England, and what a judge of talent he was...

ccfcman
22/08/2004, 9:04 AM
dont be surprised if he does sign gascoigne,sgoddy collins is turnin dumpland city into a championship manager team

Martinho II
22/08/2004, 10:32 PM
in todays star on sunday, the rodstar was bragging about him having a rich chairman friend of his who is a chairman of gretna???(a millonaire) who is sponsoring one of those signings-travel, accomodation, wages ,think it is lee trundle! now he is supposed to get two more strikers! is the man on ectasy or valium? he has totally lost the plot!

Longfordian
22/08/2004, 11:45 PM
Dont think its Lee Trundle as he's still with Swansea, scored at the weekend I think, cant imagine Swansea letting him go, its like a Roddy Collins Select XI at this stage, no identity left, little and all as there was to begin with ;)

gustavo
22/08/2004, 11:50 PM
carlton was manager of stockport and proved himself to be even worse than shoddy by nearly getting them relagated twice in two seasons :p

eirebhoy
23/08/2004, 5:33 PM
http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=140791546&p=y4x79z4x9&n=140792489&x=

Former England international Carlton Palmer is to sign for Dublin City on Wednesday, the club confirmed today.

Manager Roddy Collins will complete the signing of ex-Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday midfielder in the next 36 hours and Palmer will go straight into the Vikings squad for Friday night's game at Drogheda United.

City are currently rooted at the foot of the eircom League, seven points adrift of next-placed St Patrick’s Athletic.

Collins, who has released 15 players and added seven more in the last nine days, said he thought Palmer, 39, was the perfect choice lead the Vikings out of relegation trouble..

“Carlton is a class act and he’s still very fit,” Collins said. “He has lots of experience and I’m delighted to have signed a player of his calibre. I know he’ll make a big impression here at Dublin City.”

Palmer made 645 senior appearances at seven different English clubs and won 18 England caps, which included appearances at the 1992 European Championships.

CuanaD
24/08/2004, 9:20 AM
38 years old, played for ingerland 12YEARS ago in euro 92, hasnt played in 2 seasons. . . . top class! ;)

I suppose if he has coaching badges he could be a 'player' coach but . . .
:confused:

sad day for the league - roddy is pulling the p1ss

bigfoot
25/08/2004, 12:43 PM
All the slaggings are rolling of your tounges and you haven even seen him play yet, has it not occured to any of you culchies that just because Palmer hasn been in the spotlight does not mean he hasn been playing footbal for 2 years!

I would love to Roddy pull this off and keep DC up!

bigfoot
26/08/2004, 11:31 AM
Sorry to correct you, I saw him a few times at Elland Road in his prime, and he was a useless donkey then. That okay?

You haven seen him play for DC in the eircom lge muppet! Who gives a toss about Leeds!