PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid to Charlton?

loscherland
20/08/2004, 10:28 AM
Charlton have emerged as favourites to sign Nottingham Forest's Andy Reid for £4.5m. (Daily Express)

Jon'o
20/08/2004, 10:43 AM
curbishley went to see him play against romainia and again last night. he has also been to a few forrest games.

i think the only sticking point is forrests price tag, even though charlton have some of the money from the sale of scott parker to chelsea they want to try and buy two players with the remaining cash.

i think he would do well there curbishley is good at bringing the best out of the young players in his team

Bowsy
20/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Would be the best possible move for him in my opinion. Great manager, regular football and despite their opening day hammering Charlton will do well this year with Rommedahl, Jeffers and Murphy added to the team.

drinkfeckarse
20/08/2004, 10:59 AM
Definately a good move for him. Curbishley likes giving young players a chance and like ye said, a good squad building up there with the likes of Jeffers, Rommedahl and Murphy.

tiktok
20/08/2004, 12:38 PM
That'd be great for him, I'd almost guarentee he'd get regular first team football, he'd be playing alongside Holland, and the manager and players charlton have will help him progress

tricky_colour
20/08/2004, 3:59 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,875842,00.html

Charlton have denied making any bid for Nottingham Forest midfielder Andy Reid.

Boss Alan Curbishley is an admirer of the Republic of Ireland international but will not pay the £5m price Forest are after.

Forest boss Joe Kinnear went on record saying this week saying that Charlton chairman Richard Murray had discussed the move with his Forest counterpart but Addicks chief executive Peter Varney has denied that.

He said: "There has been no meeting between the two chairmen and no offer has been made for Andy Reid. It's all speculation."

Slash/ED
20/08/2004, 5:20 PM
It would be a far better move for him than Spurs, I hope he ends up at Charlton.

NeilMcD
25/08/2004, 5:18 PM
Looks like he is going to spurs as Kinnnear is looking for a few spurs players to swap with him plus 3 million, Kinnear is looking to have it done by the end of next week. I disagree with everybody here in that I think that Spurs is amuch betteer place for him to go.

Spurs have some good young players there now

Robinson
King
Carrick
Edman
Davis
Defoe
Keane

and you add Reid to that plus players like Kanoute Mendes, Naybet he will learn too from Hughton, Santini etc

eirebhoy
25/08/2004, 5:43 PM
Looks like he is going to spurs as Kinnnear is looking for a few spurs players to swap with him plus 3 million, Kinnear is looking to have it done by the end of next week.
Where did you hear this? I very much doubt it as Spurs have signed a load of midfielders.

Slash/ED
25/08/2004, 5:50 PM
None who play on the left though.

I'd much rather see him at Charlton than Spurs but if that turns out to be true it beats another season in the first division I suppose.

NeilMcD
26/08/2004, 9:20 AM
Yeah nearly all of them are central midfielders too. I dont understand why everybody wants him to go to Charltone. Spurs have already shown this season they are a lot more solid than last year, and players like Defoe Kanoute and Keane are much better to supply than lisbie, Jeffers and Euell. I am glad Spurs got Carrick rather than Murphy. Ledley King is much better than anything at Charlton. I dont understand the fascination with Charlton

One Brian Kerr
26/08/2004, 9:35 AM
Looks like he is going to spurs as Kinnnear is looking for a few spurs players to swap with him plus 3 million, Kinnear is looking to have it done by the end of next week.

I think the transfer deadline is Tuesday

Metrostars
26/08/2004, 2:30 PM
FWIW, he was not in Forest's squad last night for their Carling Cup game.

tricky_colour
26/08/2004, 5:28 PM
He won't be in the squad for cup games otherwise he would
be cup tied if they sold him which would tend to reduce his
worth.