PDA

View Full Version : what a result!

Martinho II
29/06/2012, 9:33 PM
A big well done to the lads. What a cracking result. Gutted I couldnt make it but was there in spirit!:p

Longfordian
29/06/2012, 10:38 PM
That was just such a crazy game from the sounds of things. I think we'll just have to applaud the determination and desire that got the win and overlook the fact we let in four. So long as we get our act together for the next game.

Martinho II
29/06/2012, 10:45 PM
it brings back memories of our 5-4 from the 09 season in tolka! for the first time in TC's reign we have scored so many as that! I know we beat Mervue 4-2 earlier in the season and we went 4-0 in that game!

gufcfan
29/06/2012, 11:30 PM
Many there?

fitzpatrick10
29/06/2012, 11:56 PM
well im ragin i had to work and miss the game... was followin live updates on bet365 like a few others that couldnt go and i was goin mental when we got the peno!!!! what a result.. well 3 nil down at half time, pffff KEEP THE FAITH.... hopefully few go next home game now ( and foxes before hand ehh??)

outspoken
30/06/2012, 12:19 AM
Game of the century and I wasn't even there haha when i turned on my phone to see we were 2-0 down I nearly got sick I thought this is it we've blown it and from there on in it was up down up down up down what a night!

This result will sicken Limerick they thought they were there! This league is still there and it's still ours to win and I now believe more than ever!

Delighted 2 see Athlone win too, should see a few more from their end at game next week and hopefully our result brings few out cause my Twitter timeline is full of tweets about Town from people who haven't been to a game in years. Really looking forward to next week now!

CraftyToePoke
30/06/2012, 7:58 PM
This result will sicken Limerick they thought they were there! This league is still there and it's still ours to win and I now believe more than ever!

It was a tricky one to take in alright, even the equalizer, never mind going on to win it from the spot after that. Still I wouldn't say sickened, there is a feeling you are beginning to show fallibility, our win at your place followed by conceding four at Mevrue does hint at a side who will drop points, strong belief here that if we just keep doing what we are doing we will overhaul Longford. We don't look like losing, or even conceding many at present.

Still, its a great race, exciting stuff, and hopefully will remain so to the end, fair play to both sides.

De Town
02/07/2012, 4:47 PM
Don't worry CTP, we won't be winning this league. Ye'll win it by at least 5 points imo, we're a poor team in an horrifically bad league. Can see ye winning every game from here on in (except maybe against Waterford, coz ye seem to hate playing against them!).

Jofspring
02/07/2012, 9:48 PM
Don't worry CTP, we won't be winning this league. Ye'll win it by at least 5 points imo, we're a poor team in an horrifically bad league. Can see ye winning every game from here on in (except maybe against Waterford, coz ye seem to hate playing against them!).

I think it is going to be a good run in to the season. Was telling all my mates to lump on Longford at the start of the season, If I remember correctly they were giving ye +21 points on us and Waterford +17. It was mental and just shows what the bookies know. Sickned I didn't go for it now myself ha.

Cabs88
02/07/2012, 10:45 PM
Unbelievable game and result, I dont think i'll ever witness a game like it for some time! First half we were very poor, looked lethargic and dis-interested. Gillespie looked like he wasnt right, and in fairness Murphy did well for them in midfield. Again their pacy winger was a thorn in our side. We created one chance and they scored three goals. Story of the half.

2nd half different team altogether. Kirby in his central role was excellent. Crawley and Mick provided the width on the left, and we pushed on scoring two goals, however when ex-town player tom King scored we thought our-mini revival was over. Not so, and with a few questionable decisions (in our favour for once) we pulled another back 4-3...
Going into injury time (or at half time for that matter) we would have taken a draw.. Shaw scored a great header on the stroke of final time, and with 3 minutes to go, was the impossible on the cards?
To get a goal at the end, capped off the most crazy game of football I have ever seen, and a brilliant result. I wont forget the game for a long time.

outspoken
03/07/2012, 10:36 AM
Cashcara is been rather nice lately, hel get us back im sure.

bluewhitearmy
03/07/2012, 12:09 PM
I think Limerick fans would be more worried if you hadn't had such a huge helping hand from Caschera as it looks now ye were being hammered by em until Caschera sorted it.

Not saying it was intentional by him or anything but he is the worst referee ever the man is a joke.

L.T.F.C.
03/07/2012, 7:18 PM
It was 3-2 before he had any bearing on the result.

outspoken
03/07/2012, 7:28 PM
Anyway I hear Mervue's 1st peno was a bit iffy?

Cabs88
03/07/2012, 9:45 PM
Anyway I hear Mervue's 1st peno was a bit iffy?

Their penalty was flagged by the linesman, not the ref.. Ref wasnt great in fairness, but then again theres been many times in the past where we didnt get the rub of the green. Swings and roundabouts

bluewhitearmy
03/07/2012, 9:49 PM
It was 3-2 before he had any bearing on the result.

No it was 4-2 before he did anything.....2 sendings off and a penalty after Mervue regained a 2 goal lead.

Longfordian
03/07/2012, 10:24 PM
There's no point analysing a game like that and trying to get a read on how future games will go. We did what we had to do after a shaky start. The remaining games between Longford, Limerick and Waterford will decide the division. Limerick would still be favourites given their squad but it'll be tighter than anyone would have said at the start of the season.

Macy
04/07/2012, 8:59 AM
The remaining games between Longford, Limerick and Waterford will decide the division. Limerick would still be favourites given their squad but it'll be tighter than anyone would have said at the start of the season.
Pretty much. Up until the Limerick home game, we hadn't lost to a promotion rival, which gave us the advantage. Whereas they were taking points of each other. Limerick are paying way more than us, and that should (and probably will) be reflected in the final table. Hopefully we can push on and get a bit of confidence and keep the pressure on until the end of the season. I wouldn't be convinced that Limerick can cop with pressure, so that's our best chance of winning it.