PDA

View Full Version : league going back 20 years

thecorner
19/08/2004, 10:56 PM
read this on the waterford website
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early reports suggest that former England international Chris Armstrong is poised to sign for the Blues. The former Tottenham, Bolton and Crystal Palace star is set to undergo a medical tomorrow and agree personal terms with the club.

Chris is likely to be on a 'pay as you play ' deal. Intrestingly he was spotted in the Woodlands hotel last night. However he would be unavailable for t0morrows cup game as he is not registered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

taking the league back another 20 fcuking years by doing this

thought the days of has-beens coming over to earn fast buck was well over

A face
19/08/2004, 11:11 PM
He'll see Waterford V Kilkenny tomorrow night at the RSC. I have to agree though, bad move signing a has-been. I hope he is shown up to be as such.

Slash/ED
20/08/2004, 12:19 AM
I thought we'd put all this rubbish behind us when Cork refused to sign Gazza, bah :rolleyes:

gufct
20/08/2004, 7:33 AM
playing with Wrexham and scored a couple of goals in their first match.Waterford have a history of this remember Dominic Iorfa was it worst player i have ever seen.

TonyD
20/08/2004, 9:01 PM
Roddy Collins is also doing his bit in this regard. Flying over ex-Northern Ireland international Keith Rowlands to play every week. He's also now promising an ex-England international apparently.

Martinho II
20/08/2004, 9:40 PM
i know who the experienced england international is tonight? It was revealed on radio one tonight as the FAMOUS...

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT

CARLTON

PALMER!

WHO IS THIS MAY I ASK? :confused:

thecorner
21/08/2004, 1:59 AM
Heard This In The Cross Tonite

Should Be In The Thread Taking The League Back 20 Years

thecorner
21/08/2004, 2:00 AM
Ooops...too Much Drink,its In That Thread

Enda M
21/08/2004, 12:26 PM
this is open for correction but i think he was player manager of crystal palace before dowie took charge or some team like that.played for southhampton a few years ago was good but not sure if he is much good now

Thirsty Hoop
21/08/2004, 12:30 PM
Why are Cork signing Carlton Palmer? He's 39 FFS, there's no way he should get on the team. Unless he is signing in a coaching role, this is making a mockery of the league. Armstrong at 33 is bad enough, but Palmer?

A face
21/08/2004, 12:34 PM
Why are Cork signing Carlton Palmer?

Ahh ... we're not !! :p

Thirsty Hoop
21/08/2004, 12:53 PM
You sure? From the indo breaking news:

Two former Premiership stars and England internationals are heading for the Eircom League. Former Spurs striker Chris Armstrong is aiming to bolster a Waterford United attack that scored seven goals against Kilkenny City in the FAI Cup last night. And ex-Stockport boss Carlton Palmer is to revive a playing career that saw him win a title with Leeds as he joins Cork City.

Longfordian
21/08/2004, 1:12 PM
Id say its Dublin City they meant to put in, thats what all the talk was of earlier this week..

thecorner
21/08/2004, 2:28 PM
this is open for correction but i think he was player manager of crystal palace before dowie took charge or some team like that

stockport county

Enda M
21/08/2004, 4:39 PM
thats the one

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 7:48 PM
You sure? From the indo breaking news:
ex-Stockport boss Carlton Palmer is to revive a playing career that saw him win a title with Leeds as he joins Cork City.
Trust the Sindo to get it half-right. He joined Cork City on the pitch, but as an opponent, playing for Dublin City.

thecorner
21/08/2004, 9:46 PM
Trust the Sindo to get it half-right. He joined Cork City on the pitch, but as an opponent, playing for Dublin City.

he wasnt playing last night :rolleyes:

Éanna
21/08/2004, 10:36 PM
downright embarassing. no wonder people laugh at this league :rolleyes: