PDA

View Full Version : Mahon steps down as Bohs boss

Neil
03/12/2001, 7:43 PM
Bohemians manager Pete Mahon is set to hold talks with the club's board today as speculation mounts that his future at Dalymount Park is in real doubt.

However, radio reports yesterday evening that suggested that the former Saint Francis manager had been sacked have proved to be unfounded, and Mahon was very angry with FM104, on which the story broke.

He said afterwards: "I don't know where thse rumours originate from, or how a radio station can say I resigned when I haven't."

Less than half a year into the job, the former Saint Francis admitted during the weekend that the job had "taken over [his] life" after a string of poor results. In the past 15 games, Bohs have beaten Monaghan United and Galway United - but no one else.

James
03/12/2001, 9:12 PM
ha ha

you've been had Neil
mahon is still there however shakey his position..Mahon is still in charge of da boez

pete
04/12/2001, 10:38 AM
I believe some sloppy dublin local radio station "leaked" this big news story.

:D

Neil
04/12/2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by James
you've been had Neil

Just like you here (http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=91456&messageid=1007405052) is it? :D

Ya copycat!

James
04/12/2001, 4:42 PM
and now he's gone again :D

inthenet.ie

PETE MAHON has resigned as manager of Bohs.
Mahon stood down from his post after a run of just one win in 14 games that has all but ended their chances of retaining the eircom Premier Division title they won when Roddy Collins was in charge last season.
The final straw was Friday’s 2-0 defeat against St Patrick’s Athletic at Dalymount Park.
The move has come about by mutual consent and assistant-manager Liam O’ Brien is expected to take charge of team affairs for the league fixture against Longford at Flancare Park on Saturday while the search for Mahon’s successor begins.
In a statement, the club said: "We regret that we have to make this announcement as during his term we have found Pete Mahon to be honourable and totally committed to his duties

:D

pete
04/12/2001, 4:50 PM
Pete Mahon must have been taking lessons from Roddy Collins on PR.

Neil
04/12/2001, 5:33 PM
Today FM just had it on a bulletin that Mahon has resigned...

Philo
05/12/2001, 3:28 AM
Is this just a forum for Cork fans to discuss the affairs of other clubs in relative privacy?

pete
05/12/2001, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Philo
Is this just a forum for Cork fans to discuss the affairs of other clubs in relative privacy?

You got it in one Phil. Its called talking behind their backs.....

;)

Neil
05/12/2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Philo
Ideally it would be a forum where all eircom League fans would discuss their own clubs and others. It hasn't really caught on though.

For the time being it's the best forum around for City fans.