PDA

View Full Version : LOI Match Series 16 Updates Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

SkStu
27/06/2012, 6:48 PM
starting the thread a little bit earlier than usual.

50mW00ERlyk

Premier Division
Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers (Dalymount Park)
Bray Wanderers v Cork City (Carlisle Grounds)
Derry City v Drogheda United (The Brandywell)
Dundalk v Sligo Rovers (Oriel Park)
St. Patrick's Athletic v Shelbourne (Richmond Park)

First Division
Athlone Town v SD Galway (Athlone Town Stadium)
Limerick FC v Finn Harps (Jackman Park)
Mervue United v Longford Town (Fahy's Field)
Wexford Youths v Waterford United (Ferrycarrig Park) 8.00pm

adamd164
27/06/2012, 7:16 PM
Hopefully some nice weather Friday, haven't been the to beach yet this summer!

Battery Rover
27/06/2012, 7:46 PM
This weeks match poster

http://www.athlonetownfc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/devon500.png

Nah Nah Nah Nah
27/06/2012, 7:53 PM
This weeks match poster

http://www.athlonetownfc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/devon500.png

Versus a club made up by John Delaney

Terry
27/06/2012, 8:42 PM
Versus a club made up by Eamon Naughton

Fixed that for you !

Eminence Grise
27/06/2012, 10:13 PM
Versus a club made up by John Delaney

Some unkind fellows might think that's a Jurassic Pr*ck poster you've used in that case...

marinobohs
28/06/2012, 10:14 AM
Hopefully some nice weather Friday, haven't been the to beach yet this summer!

It is ALWAYS cold in Bray. I remember when we won the League there some fans decided to have a beach party (shorts, shades and beachballs). In November.

First time I realised Bohs colours were Black, red and blue !!

adamd164
29/06/2012, 11:45 AM
Anyone else think Drogs are overpriced tonight? 10/3 away to Derry.

Sam_Heggy
29/06/2012, 1:31 PM
Have a Longford, Drogheda and Cork treble done for tonight.
I was intending on a Cork/Drogs double but threw in Longford at the last minute.

Drogs definitely the value bet with Derry missing Greacen, McBride, Molloy, Deery and Farren.
Longford should whip Mervue but the big doubt for me is the Cork game, was tempted to go for a draw in that one.

Was tempted by Sligo to win 2-0 Danny North first goal 12/1 but stuck to my treble.

You can waste so much money on LOI games. The bookies are rich enough.

sullanefc
29/06/2012, 7:57 PM
I was intending on a Cork/Drogs double but threw in Longford at the last minute.

Drogs definitely the value bet with Derry missing Greacen, McBride, Molloy, Deery and Farren.
Longford should whip Mervue but the big doubt for me is the Cork game, was tempted to go for a draw in that one.

Longford, "the banker" letting you down. Shock in store here. 3-0 to Mervue :eek:

sullanefc
29/06/2012, 8:16 PM
Some game in Fahey's field.

Mervue 4-3 Longford

dancinpants
29/06/2012, 8:32 PM
Jesus we're a disaster :(

Bohs 3-0 Shamrock Rvrs :eek:

EDIT: 4-0 Bohs

sullanefc
29/06/2012, 8:37 PM
Some game in Fahey's field.

Mervue 4-3 Longford

4-4 now '90

dancinpants
29/06/2012, 8:37 PM
5-4 to Longford :o

adamd164
29/06/2012, 8:38 PM
Anyone else think Drogs are overpriced tonight? 10/3 away to Derry.
Just shows the bookies haven't a clue about the LOI a lot of the time.

SkStu
29/06/2012, 8:40 PM
I love you Bohs.

sullanefc
29/06/2012, 8:40 PM
5-4 to Longford :o

Wow 93' pen. Good comeback from Longford. Why do people not go to LOI games again? Oh yeah, facilities. Fahey's Field. :rolleyes:

Spudulika
29/06/2012, 8:48 PM
Bohs, I mean, jesus. You're like the old 38A bus, waiting for ages and then 4 come along (slight exaggeration). But, jesus. And sick for us, 1-1 at home to the champions elect would have been a nice boost for the weekend. but, Bohs, jesus.

Longfordian
29/06/2012, 8:49 PM
Jaysus. Three points is three points but what in the holy hell was going on down there?! Great spirit from the lads however.

Kenny must be on thin ice at Rovers. They're getting worse. Aaron Callaghan is surpassing expectations at Bohs too to be fair. Owen Heary must be a great influence on him.

CraftyToePoke
29/06/2012, 8:59 PM
Jaysus. Three points is three points but what in the holy hell was going on down there?!

Extra Time updates suggesting Caschera threw in a few real bafflers tonight, two soft reds and five minutes of injury time during which he also gave a penalty to you for the winner, the equalizer having already arrived in injury time.

CraftyToePoke
29/06/2012, 9:02 PM

Superb bet, an exciting one considering Longford's comeback I'd say.

DannyInvincible
29/06/2012, 9:04 PM
Came across this photo from tonight's game in Richmond Park on Twitter (https://twitter.com/GrahamDarcy33/status/218803582198235136/photo/1/large):

https://p.twimg.com/AwlYsuECQAABd70.jpg

redarmyfaction
29/06/2012, 9:05 PM
Shamrock look a lost cause, its hard to see how Kenny can keep his job and hard too, to see a replacement getting a challenge back on track at this stage of the season.

Spudulika
29/06/2012, 9:06 PM
Extra Time updates suggesting Caschera threw in a few real bafflers tonight, two soft reds and five minutes of injury time during which he also gave a penalty to you for the winner, the equalizer having already arrived in injury time.

Waiting for the latest "FAI conspiring against us" bit from the rainy south west :p

legendz
29/06/2012, 9:10 PM
Back from Jackman Park. 3-0 Limerick. As well as support from the Kingdom, just myself from what I'm aware lol, they had a bit of support over from the US. Not sure the penalty was a penalty. Foul looked to have been committed outside the box. Anyways decent win by Limerick. Some shock leaving the ground to news of Longford's win after chants all night of being top, going up etc.

Jofspring
29/06/2012, 9:13 PM
Conspiracy theory or no conspiracy theory Phil Caschera is a shocking ref so no suprises from him anyway.

Some night between ourselves and Longford though. We put in a very good performance barring the first 20 minutes and everyone in the ground nearly was refreshing extratime for the updates. Every game now is huge with Longford just about hanging in there at the top.

legendz
29/06/2012, 9:23 PM
Shamrock look a lost cause, its hard to see how Kenny can keep his job and hard too, to see a replacement getting a challenge back on track at this stage of the season.

I'm shocked to hear of them being beated 4-0 and to be where they are in the table. Is Kenny to return to Derry, to be sent to his spiritual homeward, to think again?

CraftyToePoke
29/06/2012, 9:26 PM
Waiting for the latest "FAI conspiring against us" bit from the rainy south west :p

Whatever about that, I think it's debatable if Mr. Caschera is fit for purpose. But well done Longford, this is unfolding into a really good title race.

wonder88
29/06/2012, 9:34 PM
having seen Aaron Callaghan play over in England for a few seasons I think he was always likely to be a good manager. Played under one of the best in D Gradi and played with some decent players as well. Some win for Bohs tonight

Longfordian
29/06/2012, 9:34 PM
Caschera is ridiculously poor, like most of them. I don't think we're influential enough to have anyone giving is anything through favouritism. As for the title race you'd still have to back Limerick but that was a hell of a fight back from the Town. Showed a lot of spirit. Why we let in four is another question.

Longfordian
29/06/2012, 9:36 PM
having seen Aaron Callaghan play over in England for a few seasons I think he was always likely to be a good manager. Played under one of the best in D Gradi and played with some decent players as well. Some win for Bohs tonight

I knew him when he was at LTFC. Fantastic guy. I've always classed him as a great coach but not a manager. Maybe he's learning.

cornflakes
29/06/2012, 10:14 PM
Fair play to the Waterford fans for the tribute to Danny Furlong's girlfriend. I'm sure he appreciated it
https://p.twimg.com/AwlllRqCEAAOIp6.jpg

Dalymountrower
29/06/2012, 11:09 PM
Premier Division
Bohemian FC 5-0 Shams

Screws up my Prediction League march to glory, if only Dwayne had taken that first half chance, gutted.

SkStu
29/06/2012, 11:13 PM
Agent Kenny, mission complete.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/165941_483193775027536_2122139982_n.jpg

exit
http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked/Library/SF866/657711.jpg

Dalymountrower
29/06/2012, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=SkStu;1608696]Agent Kenny, mission complete.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/165941_483193775027536_2122139982_n.jpg

exit
http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked/Library/SF866/657711.jpg[/QUO

Agent Kenny return to base with Agent Brennan for debriefing by the relegator, Agent Collins, Agents Powell, O`Donnell, Greene and Oman, stand by for further instructions.

horton
29/06/2012, 11:30 PM
I'll be shocked if Kenny lasts the season, it'll cost a lot to get rid of him but I doubt the fans have the patience anymore. Who knows, he may even make a return to the Brandywell yet again, our discipline records a disaster with Decky, and that was one of his priorities when he got the job!

De Town
29/06/2012, 11:53 PM
What happened in Mervue tonight was just crazy. I doubt I'll ever see anything like it again. First 20 minutes or so was even enough, both teams had chances. Then the next 25 minutes we just didn't seem bothered at all. They got a pen that never was, Chris Deans definitely got the ball, the ref didn't give it but after a few seconds of thought the lino decided to give it. Mervue dominated for the rest of the half and at 3-0 at HT, I was saying to myself that a draw would be a great result. Kirby came on at HT and grabbed the game by the balls, completely ran the show. When we got it back to 3-2 (the 2nd goal for us being a hilarious OG by Alan Murphy) I thought that there was only one winner and it'd be us, then they got the 4th and I thought it was over. Then they had Hoban sent off for mouthing, 2 yellows, looked like they were both for mouthing. Kirbs grabbed the 3rd and then Tom King also got sent off for mouthing to Caschera I think. It must have been coz I didn't see him do anything else. We laid seige to their goal from then on, and I always felt if we got 1 we'd get the winner. Got the equaliser just as the board for stoppage time went up, and the winner 2 minutes later from another dodgy penalty call imo. Unbelievable stuff though, thought I was going to have a heart attack at the end tbh!

PartySaint
30/06/2012, 12:00 AM
And sick for us, 1-1 at home to the champions elect would have been a nice boost for the weekend. .

You weren't playing Pats tonight.

bluewhitearmy
30/06/2012, 1:03 AM
What happened in Mervue tonight was just crazy. I doubt I'll ever see anything like it again. First 20 minutes or so was even enough, both teams had chances. Then the next 25 minutes we just didn't seem bothered at all. They got a pen that never was, Chris Deans definitely got the ball, the ref didn't give it but after a few seconds of thought the lino decided to give it. Mervue dominated for the rest of the half and at 3-0 at HT, I was saying to myself that a draw would be a great result. Kirby came on at HT and grabbed the game by the balls, completely ran the show. When we got it back to 3-2 (the 2nd goal for us being a hilarious OG by Alan Murphy) I thought that there was only one winner and it'd be us, then they got the 4th and I thought it was over. Then they had Hoban sent off for mouthing, 2 yellows, looked like they were both for mouthing. Kirbs grabbed the 3rd and then Tom King also got sent off for mouthing to Caschera I think. It must have been coz I didn't see him do anything else. We laid seige to their goal from then on, and I always felt if we got 1 we'd get the winner. Got the equaliser just as the board for stoppage time went up, and the winner 2 minutes later from another dodgy penalty call imo. Unbelievable stuff though, thought I was going to have a heart attack at the end tbh!

So one player gets 2 yellows for 2 seperate incidents of dissent the other gets a straight red.....Mighty fine consistency there.

Not saying conspiracy but Caschera is crap.

Also McBride for Harps sent off tonight for spitting in his own players face what a clown.

dancinpants
30/06/2012, 3:44 AM
Who knows, he may even make a return to the Brandywell yet again

Can't see it happening.

harpin
30/06/2012, 6:35 AM
Conspiracy theory or no conspiracy theory Phil Caschera is a shocking ref so no suprises from him anyway.

Some night between ourselves and Longford though. We put in a very good performance barring the first 20 minutes and everyone in the ground nearly was refreshing extratime for the updates. Every game now is huge with Longford just about hanging in there at the top.

Found this a bit strange myself, there are 13 games to go not 3

wexfordned
30/06/2012, 9:15 AM
Disappointed, but not surprised by the behaviour of the Shamrock fans last night. It would seem none of them went to Poland as self proclaimed "best fans in the world" would never spit on opposition players & there was no fields of athenry when 4-0 down & being outclassed

dong
30/06/2012, 9:30 AM
Good win for us last night. Is anybody else going to step up and start scoring a few goals for us? We are ridiculously reliant on North at this stage and he's sure to get a knock at some stage.

Fantastic news from Dalymount. I remember watching the Shamrock v Bohs game on TV early in the season. You would never have said in a million years that that Bohs team would put 4 goals past Shamrock. Callaghan has done a great job there. Shows you what can be done on a small budget if players are motivated properly. It also shows what can happen when you fill your team with too many LoI has beens who are trading on yesterday's glories.

Sam_Heggy
30/06/2012, 10:09 AM

Well that was a rollercoaster bet.

Phew.

poster
30/06/2012, 12:04 PM
KOH. Kenny Our Hero.

redarmyfaction
30/06/2012, 12:57 PM
Well that was a rollercoaster bet.

Phew.

What did it pay? Don't invest it on Shamrock to lift the title with the 15/8 Powers had up this morning, where did they get that from, their Loi compilers wouldn't price sausages in Lidl.

horton
30/06/2012, 1:00 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/images/236-01.gif

League table as it now stands. Main shock is that after last night, Shams have conceded the most goals outside the bottom 3!

bullit
30/06/2012, 1:14 PM
Best odds atm =

Sligo R 5/6 (lads)

Shams 12/5(pp)

St.Pats 9/2(Bwin)

Drogs 40/1(lads)

Derry 50/1(lads)

The rest = Make your own odds

adamd164
30/06/2012, 1:35 PM
Shamrock have some classy element in their support.

http://www.inpho.ie/cache/inpho/b1/62/bc/61a883a0322c58b37d1755d54d49ab00fb2837ef81/INPHO_00611179.jpg

http://www.inpho.ie/cache/inpho/5f/85/b5/88828d1ed2444ea5b3bc122ba308ad7b537ba96b89/INPHO_00611178.jpg

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked/Library/SF866/657681.jpg

Sam_Heggy
30/06/2012, 1:40 PM
What did it pay? Don't invest it on Shamrock to lift the title with the 15/8 Powers had up this morning, where did they get that from, their Loi compilers wouldn't price sausages in Lidl.

I only had a fiver on (gutted), returned just under €75.

I was very close to sticking a few quid on Sligo to win 2-0 and North to score first, lucky I held back on that one.