PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Dublin..

James
03/12/2001, 6:15 PM
always cheating

it seems there has been a development in the Pats 9 points cheating saga.
Pats have done their homework and have discovered other clubs that have done the same ie playing unregistered players..in other years and not gotten punished so now the fai are going to give the 9points back and try to hush this whole debacle up and brush it under the carpet...

Pablo
04/12/2001, 2:53 PM
i'd prefer to win the league with them having their full points total. it would only give Fat Dolan something to winge about :D

pete
04/12/2001, 3:14 PM
Well having attended the NLU Forum in dubland last night i'm fairly sure the league book will be vastly imprpved by next season.

The Commish basically said it was a disgrace & that people over the years had added & removed 'bit' to it as they went along. Apparently there are 27 sections for punishment & various sections that aren't even enforced. However he was fairly decisive in saying that in the Paul Marney affair the rule was as cleat as any. I think there was an option to change this last year so that the Commish would have some discretion but this wasn't agreed at the time by all clubs with possible implication a D8 club was involved there.

Seems like the Commish wants to change/rewrite the rule book into 4 sections & the clubs will have to pass this so no excuses in future.

James
04/12/2001, 3:22 PM
any chance of a neutral report on that meeting pete. I know your not a paid up card carrying member of the NLU right?

pete
04/12/2001, 3:49 PM
Nope not a member. Was an open (if very poorly publicised) meeting anyway.

Gerry Desmond
04/12/2001, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by James
any chance of a neutral report on that meeting pete. I know your not a paid up card carrying member of the NLU right?

There's some stuff on it on Johnny Ward's MB & the DCFC MB too.

Gerry