PDA

View Full Version : GAA feen on trial from stab city

Flynninio
19/08/2004, 11:58 AM
todays sun reports city have a guy think his name is stephen kelly on trial. he plays with the county football team.also with newcastle west i think he plays his soccer.it appears he a forward also.this worries me big time - why are we going for this standard of player. we will have about 25 players in squad that are lagging behind shells standard. :confused:

Flynninio
19/08/2004, 12:13 PM
all i was saying was that i would like to see some big signing made like an alan moore type of size.not another hopeful player who probably be only average. but fingers crossed he be good.

drinkfeckarse
19/08/2004, 12:18 PM
No harm in having a look....that's what trials are for.

Ozymandias
19/08/2004, 1:10 PM
kelly is a very good player....real athletic and physical...might be just what we need

niamh
19/08/2004, 1:17 PM
I think as it says - he's on trial. At least Dolan has let the worse of the trialists go. If he's a GAA player at least he should be a bit more physical as well.

balls
19/08/2004, 1:18 PM
steven kelly is a CLASS ACT. WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION. SPEED TO BURN. HE HAS PLAYED INTERCOUNTY FOOTBALL WITH LIMERICK FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS AND PLAYED ABIT OF OSCAR TRAYNOR WITH THE DESMOND LEAGUE.IF IT DOESNT WORK OUT FOR HIM AT CITY WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM PLAY FOR US LIMERICK F.C.

pete
19/08/2004, 1:31 PM
Dolan takes a lot of players on trial & most never heard of again.

IMO Dolan needs to sign players good enough for 1st eleven or bench otherwise no need to bother. Time for Quality not quantity!

Flynninio
19/08/2004, 1:47 PM
just spoke to guy at work says hes like the proverbial wippett. fast as you like and he got an allstar last year. not a great team player as he fancys himself. maybe goergie with pace and physique. also known to fly around castlewest in limerick at 3am in the morning swinging a hurley. interesting character me thinks.................

patsh
19/08/2004, 2:09 PM
Dolan takes a lot of players on trial & most never heard of again.

IMO Dolan needs to sign players good enough for 1st eleven or bench otherwise no need to bother. Time for Quality not quantity!Exactly, couldn't agree more.
We need PROVEN quality, not to be hoping that things will work out sometime in the future.

thecorner
19/08/2004, 2:23 PM
when i saw stab city and trial in the one line, i thought u were on about some kind of court case :o

Fair_play_boy
19/08/2004, 4:07 PM
Dolan takes a lot of players on trial & most never heard of again. IMO Dolan needs to sign players good enough for 1st eleven or bench otherwise no need to bother. Time for Quality not quantity!
Saw somewhere in another thread that Dolan does not buy players. I suppose that is because the club does not have the yo-yos. No harm then in fishing expeditions. If Dolan finds somebody of quality, it will have been time very well spent. And for all I know, there may already be a few players in the CCFC team who joined the club in this way.

A face
19/08/2004, 10:35 PM
We haven't seen sight nor sound of this guy yet, so how can anyone question his quality yet. I think it is getting really bad when a player is cast aside by the fans ever before he even get to look at the ball. :o

shannonsider69
20/08/2004, 8:18 AM
Hiya guys, played both with Kelly in the Oscar Traynor and against him at club level. Just thought I'd give ya a bit of insight to the man.

Played county football with Limerick as a fast corner forward, also represented Ireland in the compromised rules series last year against the Aussies. He's physically strong and very fit and in soccer terms he's got pace to burn. BUT in terms of tricks/technical ability then I'm afraid it's just not happening. It's very much a case of receiving the ball, turning to face the defender, knock the ball 10 yards past him, head down and run.

I wish him all the best on his adventure but I for one would be very surprised if he made the grade. Might just give Pat Dolan a ring myself for a trial...anyone got his number? ;)

GavinZac
20/08/2004, 9:52 AM
Might just give Pat Dolan a ring myself for a trial...anyone got his number? ;)

dont mind that, will ya play for the footballers, there shockin

joeSoap
20/08/2004, 10:03 AM
Nice title for a thread by the way....you ignorant bast*rd