PDA

View Full Version : FAI bast*rds

Condex
19/08/2004, 8:31 AM
Just got this

Thank you for your application for tickets for the above fixture.

Due to the extensive number of people wishing to travel to this fixture and
the limited number of tickets we have been allocated by the Swiss FA (3,200
which is our entitlement of 10% of the capacity) we are only in a position
to allocate tickets to those persons currently holding a block booking for
our Home Internationals at Lansdowne road.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and again thank you for your
continued interest and support.

THE TICKET OFFICE

macdermesser
19/08/2004, 8:39 AM
Got the same mail myself yesterday ... I know this has been discussed very often .. but is there an email address to ask to be put on the waiting list for the waiting list to get on the block booking list.

Thank God there are still tickets available at www.ticketcorner.ch

I'm hoping that this apathy by the Swiss moves over to France too .. and it might be possible to book online tickets for the French game.

If you got rejected for the Swiss game, then you have no chance for the French game ..

Peadar
19/08/2004, 8:59 AM
If you got rejected for the Swiss game, then you have no chance for the French game ..

Wont we have more than double the ticket allocation for the French game?

Don't know why Condex was being critical of the FAI.
What does he want, them to crap out tickets for him or something?

stickyjoe
19/08/2004, 9:16 AM
hardly the FAI fault.3,200 tickets into 5,000 applications is not going to keep us all happy.as has been suggested do what the rest of us have had to do, get onto www.ticketcorner.com and get the swiss tickets.

will be just like the irish end in there :) :)

Peadar
19/08/2004, 9:25 AM
Thank God there are still tickets available at www.ticketcorner.ch

Where are they?
I can't see them!

gspain
19/08/2004, 9:27 AM
Surely the only fair way is to givbe tickets to the block bookers - i.e. fans who go to all games.

Other countries do exactly the same - in the end you will get tickets as you say from ticketcorner but if the F.A.I. only get 3,000 tickets then they have to disappoint some people - obvious way is to give the tickets to the block bookers and regret the general public.

In other times the travel agents would have got tickets and the block bookers would have lost out.

Do you have a fairer system?

stickyjoe
19/08/2004, 9:39 AM
click on sport and then the 2nd page

Peadar
19/08/2004, 9:47 AM
click on sport and then the 2nd page

Is there an English version?

stickyjoe
19/08/2004, 9:56 AM
i couldn`t get an english version up.think it was in german but its handy enough to fill it out

Peadar
19/08/2004, 9:58 AM
i couldn`t get an english version up.think it was in german but its handy enough to fill it out

I'm on the French version but wouldn't be sure that I wasn't clicking on something that said "If we can't get you tickets, tough títty, we'll keep your money anyway."

NeilMcD
19/08/2004, 10:22 AM
Does anybody know have they sent e mails out to the successful people or have they only sent out to people who are unsuccessful. By the way i think it is a fair system too, you have to have a way that people who go to all the games get first priority, The only other alternative is to have an away block booking system which might work and start that one from scratch, but now is not the time todo that as we have the french game coming up and lots of people will want to go to that.

Peadar
19/08/2004, 10:25 AM
we have the french game coming up and lots of people will want to go to that.

I still reckon you'll be able to get tickets from the French for that, if you don't mind sitting with the locals.
They're more fickle than St. Pat's fans.

shane123
19/08/2004, 11:09 AM
when did the email about swiss tickets go out from the FAI. did successful candidates get confirmation.

Jon'o
19/08/2004, 11:21 AM
not sure about you guys but my email came to tell me tough tits at about 6 ish just as i was laying into my third pint!! prehaps they knew when to send it to lessen the blow :rolleyes:

like sticky joe said even the home swiss end will be like the away end because there will be so many of us in there. i booked my flights and hotel months before the fai sent that email so im going to the game no matter what. sitting in the swiss end??? bring it the fk on :D

onenilgameover
19/08/2004, 11:30 AM
If you can't find tickets at that swiss site try here....

http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37479&item=3694050168&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Jon'o
19/08/2004, 11:47 AM
If you can't find tickets at that swiss site try here....

http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37479&item=3694050168&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

86 chf is more than i paid ticketcorner for a ticket for the fareos game and the ireland game together (about £35 / 50e) !! plus on peebay theres a chance the price might be higher by the end of the auction.

id sudgest ringing ticket corner, they speak english too. although it took a while for me to find out with my crap french / german skills :rolleyes:

tetsujin1979
19/08/2004, 12:03 PM
Something along the lines of "Bonjour monsieur, je voudrais une billet pour le jeu entre Irlande et Francais, s'il vous plait", (hello sir, I'd like a ticket for the game between Ireland and France) should do the trick, or "Bonjour monsieur, parlez-vous anglais?" to ask if he speaks English

brine3
19/08/2004, 12:44 PM
Apparently the French hardly ever sell out Stade de France for qualifiers.

Condex
19/08/2004, 1:08 PM
Wont we have more than double the ticket allocation for the French game?

Don't know why Condex was being critical of the FAI.
What does he want, them to crap out tickets for him or something?

No I don't expect special treatment, I'll get a ticket anyway.

But I would like them to reward fans who turn up to games when very few others do eg

Albania
Poland

Can't remember seeing 3000 fans at those games.

Peadar
19/08/2004, 1:20 PM
But I would like them to reward fans who turn up to games when very few others do eg

Albania
Poland

Can't remember seeing 3000 fans at those games.

I know fellas who've been going to games for 25 years or more.
In an ideal world we'd all get tickets but there are obviously others ahead of you in the list. By the way, I haven't got tickets from the FAI either.

Closed Account 2
19/08/2004, 2:32 PM
Something along the lines of "Bonjour monsieur, je voudrais une billet pour le jeu entre Irlande et Francais, s'il vous plait", (hello sir, I'd like a ticket for the game between Ireland and France) should do the trick, or "Bonjour monsieur, parlez-vous anglais?" to ask if he speaks English

The Swiss speak German and Italian too so you can say.

"Tag, Sprechen Sie English ?", "Ich möchte eine/zwei/drei/vier karten für das Spiel, der Schweiz gegen Irland!"

"Ciao, parla inglese ?", "Vorrei un/due/tre/quattro biglietto/biglietti per il gioco contro l'Irlanda"

(In each case meaning "Hello do u speak English?", "I'd like 1/2/3/4 ticket/tickets for the game vs Ireland").

NeilMcD
19/08/2004, 2:36 PM
The only other alternative to using the home block booking is to have an away block booking or a travel club as the Tartan Army have. I think this should be brought and you get points for every away game you go to and whoever has the most points on the table gets first preference on tickets. It is too late to bring that in now for switzerland and france but in the new year they could bring it in, that way anyone that heads to Israel, faroes and cyprus would be in good position to get tickets for the world cup games and for the away fixtures for the Euro 2008.

macdermesser
19/08/2004, 2:53 PM
I still reckon you'll be able to get tickets from the French for that, if you don't mind sitting with the locals.
They're more fickle than St. Pat's fans.

Good to see you figured how to get the tickets from ticket corner.
Bit of a cheap shot at Pats fans there .. but unfortunately going on current attendances, your generalisation is closer to be true than not true. :(

Plastic Paddy
19/08/2004, 2:55 PM
The Swiss speak German and Italian too so you can say.

"Tag, Sprechen Sie English ?", "Ich möchte eine/zwei/drei/vier karten für das Spiel, der Schweiz gegen Irland!"

"Ciao, parla inglese ?", "Vorrei un/due/tre/quattro biglietto/biglietti per il gioco contro l'Irlanda"

Those translations are far too good for Babelfish (http://world.altavista.com/). I'm impressed.

That expensive postgraduate education wasn't wasted, huh? :p :D

:D PP

CHagan
19/08/2004, 2:57 PM
I tried to buy tickets from the swiss site www.ticketcorner.com only to be told that my order had to have a swiss billing address! Any suggestions? How do I get around this one lads???

hardly the FAI fault.3,200 tickets into 5,000 applications is not going to keep us all happy.as has been suggested do what the rest of us have had to do, get onto www.ticketcorner.com and get the swiss tickets.

will be just like the irish end in there :) :)

Peadar
19/08/2004, 3:00 PM
Any suggestions? How do I get around this one lads???

Ring them up, as has been said earlier.
You can collect the tickets over there if you have to.

wallis
19/08/2004, 3:16 PM
Chagan , if you are going to book them on the web I would go straight the the www.ticketcorner.ch site and not the .com

If you go to the .com sites some of them wont allow you to get tickets outsde the country.

I ordered mine on the .ch site , you can put in a delivery address of the Uk or Ireland

Closed Account 2
19/08/2004, 5:30 PM
That expensive postgraduate education wasn't wasted, huh? :p :D

:D PP

Haha... if only. German and French are GCSE standard, did Italian at undergrad as unofficial/extra modules (to about half way between GCSE and A-Level).

Sadly the Postgraduate education is still pending completion and is dependent on another 8,000 words being added to the dissertation before the 15th Sept... So the Swiss game will be a TV-only affair for me.

only1kilbane
19/08/2004, 10:46 PM
yeah just go my tickets from ticketcorner.ch . You just have to sign on and give your email and cc details to register easy enough. I bought tickets for section 5 the cheapest section and am sitting in d5 which as far as i know is right behind the goal beside the irish end.

The fai are a joke at least last year they told us way in advance it was going to be tickets just for blockbookers thats what ****es my off this year just letting us know 3 weeks before ? Thank god for the lack of interest from the swiss otherwise we would be all up the swanny...

IsMiseSean
20/08/2004, 1:22 AM
I booked my tickets from the ticketcorner.com, and they didnt say anything about not sending them abroad. Well I dont think they did! :confused:

Peadar
20/08/2004, 9:25 AM
I booked my tickets from the ticketcorner.com, and they didnt say anything about not sending them abroad. Well I dont think they did! :confused:

Did you read the message underneath the credit card details bit?

NeilMcD
20/08/2004, 10:26 AM
I have one spare ticket for the swiss end, for face value, I ordered it through ticket corner and it arrived but if anyone would like to take it off my hands i would be grateful. Just private message me and we can come to some arrangement, I live in Dublin

Neil

Peadar
20/08/2004, 10:37 AM
Just private message me and we can come to some arrangement, I live in Dublin

Neil

Sent you a PM Neil.
Not expecting you to reply after our run in over the Scots ;)

eirebhoy
20/08/2004, 12:24 PM
Lads, 3 tickets for sale for the Swizz end, 80 euro for the 3. I'm not selling them but I thought I'd pass this on:
http://www.soccercentral.info/mb/viewtopic.php?t=629