PDA

View Full Version : Other's in our group

eirebhoy
18/08/2004, 10:14 PM
France 1-1 Bosnia:

Fabien Barthez; Bernard Mendy, William Gallas, Sebastien Squillaci, Patrice Evra; Eric Abidal, Rio Mavuba, Benoit Pedretti, Jerome Rothen; Thierry Henry, Peguy Luyindula.

Bosnia were missing 3 first choice players and played very badly. France put in a lot of work but just couldn't get a winning goal. Henry missed a penalty. Luyindula scored the goal for France.

Switzerland 0-0 N.Ireland:

Zuberbuhler, Haas, Muller, Murat Yakin, Spycher, Huggel, Vogel, Wicky, Cabanas, Hakan Yakin, Vonlanthen. Subs: Roth, Henchoz, Lonfat, Muff, Frei, Magnin.

Switzerland also gave it their all but couldn't score. Magnin and Muff hit the woodwork for the Swizz.

Croatia 1-0 Israel

Croatia scored a header from a freekick which apparantly is Israel's weakness (defending set pieces).

Others:
Cyprus 2-1 Albania - Cyprus look like they've improved since our last meeting. Michalis Konstantinou with the 2 goals.

Faroe's 3-2 Malta - Borg, Petersen and Benjaminsen with the goals.

IsMiseSean
19/08/2004, 12:01 AM
I've got a bad feeling about Cyprus, I don't think its goin to be very easy to get the 3points. Its certainly not goin to be a 4 or 5 nil victory.

BobbySands
19/08/2004, 12:49 AM
The match commentater should be Jimmy Magee. Just to even things up like.

1MickCollins
19/08/2004, 1:02 AM
I've got a bad feeling about Cyprus, I don't think its goin to be very easy to get the 3points. Its certainly not goin to be a 4 or 5 nil victory.

Yeah we rarely blow teams away, here are Cyprus' results in Euro2004 qualifiers, looks like they are pretty weak away but awkard at home. I think they have improved since we beaten them 4-0 home and away in WC2002 qualifiers.

Cyprus 2 - 2 Slovenia

France 5 - 0 Cyprus

Malta 1 - 2 Cyprus

Israel 2 - 0 Cyprus

Slovenia 4 - 1 Cyprus

Cyprus 1 - 1 Israel

Cyprus 2 - 1 Malta

Cyprus 1 - 2 France

Closed Account 2
19/08/2004, 1:16 PM
I saw bit of Northern Ireland v the Swiss.

NI played well the Swiss looked pretty shoddy... theyve also ditched a few players from the Euros sadly they no longer have the lad who looks like a member of ZZ Top in goal (Steel?), but instead have someone called something like Zuberwhuler who seems pretty decent.

At one point NI's rather podgy number 5 (plays for MK dons) put in a cruncher on a Swiss player (might have been called "Vikki"), much to the amusement of the commentator. I think a lot of the Swiss players dont like the physical side of the game, so if done subtlely this could work in our favour.