PDA

View Full Version : Nunez setback for Liverpool

loscherland
18/08/2004, 4:12 PM
Nunez setback for Liverpool

Liverpool's new signing Antonio Nunez has suffered a knee injury hours after being officially unveiled.
The 25-year-old was injured in training and will have a scan on Thursday but the club suspects ligament damage.

"We are all desperately disappointed for Antonio because this injury has come at such a bad time for him," said a Liverpool spokesman.

"He is understandably gutted. We will know more about his injury on Thursday afternoon," he added.

Nunez twisted his left knee in an incident at the club's Melwood training ground in which no other player was involved.

The midfielder is now out of the reserve match at Middlesbrough on Wednesday and also the Premiership match against Manchester City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3577334.stm

An extended run at right mid for Finnan me thinks??? & perhaps a few more appearances for Potter?...

Peadar
18/08/2004, 4:17 PM
An extended run at right mid for Finnan me thinks??? & perhaps a few more appearances for Potter?...

Why?
This guy hadn't even played for Liverpool.
They'll still sell Finnan.
I wish Liverpool nothing but misfortune anyway!

carnstien
18/08/2004, 5:53 PM
Why?
This guy hadn't even played for Liverpool.
They'll still sell Finnan.
I wish Liverpool nothing but misfortune anyway!
What? Why the hell would they sell a player who has been 1st choice so far this season?

eirebhoy
18/08/2004, 6:28 PM
Carnstein, Finnan is nearly a cert to be sold.

Slash/ED
18/08/2004, 11:07 PM
Based on newspaper reports? He might be sold but I don't see why someone who's first choice, and after this will be for some time, would be a 'cert' to be sold.

DolansWaistcoat
19/08/2004, 6:35 AM
First team regular this year,there have only been two games for liverpool ffs.I think Finnan is on the way to spurs.Benitez has brought in Alonso aswell so there will no place in midfield and Nunez still has to come back.Finnan would be better off at spurs with regular first team football which I don't think he'll get at liverpool.

eirebhoy
19/08/2004, 11:11 AM
Based on newspaper reports? He might be sold but I don't see why someone who's first choice, and after this will be for some time, would be a 'cert' to be sold.
I think I know a bit more than to believe what I read in the papers. Liverpool were in talks with Blackburn over a move but they failed to agree a fee. Benitez is more than willing to sell him.

Slash/ED
19/08/2004, 1:06 PM
First team regular this year,there have only been two games for liverpool ffs.I think Finnan is on the way to spurs.Benitez has brought in Alonso aswell so there will no place in midfield and Nunez still has to come back.Finnan would be better off at spurs with regular first team football which I don't think he'll get at liverpool.

Alonso is a central mid fielder and will have no effect on Steve Finnan. right now Liverpool have nobody who can replace him so it makes no sense whatsoever for them to try and sell him.

NeilMcD
19/08/2004, 1:49 PM
There is no doubtin that Finnan was on his way out of Liverpool as they had accepted Clubs to speak to Finnan and his agent. However since the injury of the spanish dude that may throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Just cause it does not make sense for Liverpool to sell Finnan, in someones eyes on this forum does not mean it wont happen. People should look at the facts rather than base it on their view that Finnan should start for Liverpool. The facts are that he was on his way out of LIverpool, but now this injury may throw that move into jeopardy.

Slash/ED
19/08/2004, 1:59 PM
The paper talk said he was out of Liverpool, unless I'm mistaken and if I am fair enough, nobody from the clubs said anythng about him leaving.