PDA

View Full Version : Released Players

bigfoot
18/08/2004, 3:29 PM
Robbie Farrell - In talks with Newry Town and Athlone Town

Ben Whelehan - Offered 2Yr contract from Cork City! Also intrest shown from Waterford and Newry Town

Philly Hughes - Agreed terms with UCD

Robbie Collins - In talks with St Pats, Athlone and Monaghan Utd

David McGill - Monaghan Utd very keen on him

Barry Burke - Planning a long long holiday

Killian Brennan - Intrest from a Prem club (unnamed) possibly his home town Drogheda!

Wes Byrne - Athlone intrested!

Ray Scully - Returning to Kildare Cty

as for the rest i haven heard much about!

Sheridan
18/08/2004, 3:42 PM
Philly to UCD looks like a done deal, Ray Scully to Kildare was being touted even before the transfer-listings. I'd be amazed if Ben went to Cork, he's got potential but he's twenty-five years old and I can't see him going straight into a top-three team. Even Kildare fans reckon he was dodgy in his time there.

No offence, but it would be disappointing for Dave if he wound up at Monaghan, he's a Premier Division player, not a bottom-of-the-First one.

Robbie Collins would be better-advised to go and learn his trade for a year or so in the Under-21s at a club like Pats, however tempting first-team football in the lower division may be. Could be a special player.

Killian's release was, I still maintain, a crazy decision. If he goes to a club higher up the table than us, it will just reaffirm my belief. Barry would be a loss to football if he decided to put his career on the back burner, one of my favourite players and criminally underrated.

Chris
18/08/2004, 5:14 PM
Killian is talking to at least 3 clubs from the Prem can't say who! Will say when time is right. He will be missed by your lotwhen he's gone

tippman
18/08/2004, 5:34 PM
How good is Killian Brennan?

Sheridan
18/08/2004, 5:48 PM
How good is Killian Brennan?
As good as he wants to be.

tippman
18/08/2004, 7:27 PM
Morrision,Rutherford,Cahill good?

bigfoot
19/08/2004, 12:27 PM
Killer is travelling to Derry tonight with the Shels squad!

He is a quality player!

pete
19/08/2004, 1:16 PM
This isn't a dig at CHF but if/when ye get relegated I doubt the playesr that Shoddy brings in will want to stick around or at least ye won't be able to afford them.

IMO Shoddy is gambling your medium term chances on a long shot of staying in Premier division.

max power
19/08/2004, 1:36 PM
Killian's release was, I still maintain, a crazy decision. If he goes to a club higher up the table than us, it will just reaffirm my belief..

it would be quite hard for him to go to a team below you in the table :D

Sheridan
19/08/2004, 5:31 PM
it would be quite hard for him to go to a team below you in the table :D
Twelve teams occupy league positions lower than ours.

Why do people expose themselves to ridicule like this?

Chris
22/08/2004, 8:59 AM
Any update as to where the lads have/might be going?????

TheSaint2002
23/08/2004, 11:30 AM
Robbie Collins - Mount Merion

Keith Foy - Kilnamanagh FC

both play in the LSL Senior 1B Sunday

Foy back where he started it could have been a great career shame

cheech
23/08/2004, 12:54 PM
Is Alan Keely any good?

He is signing for Finn Harps.

Sheridan
23/08/2004, 1:06 PM
Is Alan Keely any good?

He is signing for Finn Harps.
The truth is; I have absolutely no idea. He's been injured ever since he signed for us last December and hasn't played a single game.

From what I remember of him during his Kildare days, he's not bad. Kildare fans rate him very highly.

eircomfan
23/08/2004, 1:46 PM
If i was a DC supporter i would be very very very scared , not only has roddy released most of your better players , he has at the same time brought in a bunch of fat, overpayed, no talented bunch of english rejects, each of these money hungry losers will run back to england the minute DC ARE!!!!! relegated and DC will be left with a massive debt , first division football and a gobsh#te still in charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schumi
23/08/2004, 4:44 PM
Twelve teams occupy league positions lower than ours.
I'd rather our position to yours!

Sheridan
23/08/2004, 4:50 PM
I'd rather our position to yours!
Been there, done that, eh? :p

Just remember, we did last season what you may do this season, except with a far worse squad and no safety net.

tiktok
23/08/2004, 4:55 PM
Ben Whelehan - Offered 2Yr contract from Cork City! Also intrest shown from Waterford and Newry Town

It seems that he doesn't want to go full time though which could be a stumbling block. He didn't stand out IMO when we played you, although he may not even have been on the pitch :o , but is he in anyway decent?

Sheridan
23/08/2004, 5:08 PM
It seems that he doesn't want to go full time though which could be a stumbling block. He didn't stand out IMO when we played you, although he may not even have been on the pitch :o , but is he in anyway decent?
He has a decent job (logistics manager IIRC, not that I know what that entails) so I can understand his not wanting to commit full-time.

Ben's not a bad defender, he was outstanding for the first quarter of the season, brilliant against Bohs at Dalymount, and then ballsed it all up with a shocking performance in the following game against Rovers, when he was directly responsible for two of the four goals we conceded by simply refusing to chase back when beaten.

Kildare fans insist he's best as a defensive midfielder, although I've never seen him occupy that position. Quite error-prone as a centre-half. Dolan's interest in him has come as a massive surprise to me, anyway.

Schumi
23/08/2004, 5:46 PM
we did last season what you may do this season, except with a far worse squad and no safety net.
Hopefully we won't do next season what you're doing this season!

MariborKev
25/08/2004, 10:49 PM
Apparently we had Killian Brennan on trial with us- came as news to me

Chris
26/08/2004, 7:25 AM
Yes, its true he's been at derry on trial. Believe/hopes he may get signed!!!!! :)

Nice one!

Ringo
27/08/2004, 7:33 AM
Hopefully we won't do next season what you're doing this season!

you do have a history of being relegated :p

Schumi
27/08/2004, 12:33 PM
you do have a history of being relegated :p
Three times ever is a history? Well maybe for Dublin City.

drummerboy
27/08/2004, 12:53 PM
Amazed to see that Mount Merrion YMCA, 4th DIV LSL, outbid St Pats Ath for the services of Robbie Collins. He's on €110 a game plus an extra €10 for every goal he scores. I think he's scored 5 already in 2 games. There's a host of ex LOI players there, Hysa, Howie King, Ian Douglas, Sean Byrne ect ect

Roo69
27/08/2004, 1:02 PM
Amazed to see that Mount Merrion YMCA, 4th DIV LSL, outbid St Pats Ath for the services of Robbie Collins. He's on €110 a game plus an extra €10 for every goal he scores. I think he's scored 5 already in 2 games. There's a host of ex LOI players there, Hysa, Howie King, Ian Douglas, Sean Byrne ect ect

Dont really need him now with the signing of Robbie Doyle and Brendan Markey, who would be defo on more money than Collins.

Chris
31/08/2004, 5:25 PM
looks like Killian has signed with Derry!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

eamoss
31/08/2004, 5:40 PM
Chris Deans has signed with Dundalk!

MariborKev
31/08/2004, 10:26 PM
Brennan played tonight and scored twice for us in a friendly

KildareFan
02/09/2004, 3:45 PM
Keith Foy has signed for Monaghan and not gone back to LSL as somebody stated

Roo69
02/09/2004, 4:13 PM
Keith Foy has signed for Monaghan and not gone back to LSL as somebody stated

Played quite well againist us last Friday, quite over weight though

monutdfc
17/09/2004, 8:31 AM
Robbie Collins has signed for Monaghan United after a spell with Mount Merrion. Keith Foy and Barry Burke have also signed for us.
How Brendan Markey keeps getting contracts amazes me. He was rubbish for us, Athlone let him go last season, Dundalk sacked him before that, yet another manager thinks he can do a job for him. Do managers watch these players before signing them? Do they signe their players from the back of the Star? Although as I remember, Markey played a pre-season friendly for us before he signed and worked very hard - must be his tactic to bust a gut to get a contract and then pick up his pay cheque.

monutdfc
20/09/2004, 1:40 PM
my mistake, Barry Burke has not signed for us, it was Darren Burke on loan from Bohs
ps rumour has it that Markey got an 18 month contract at Pats