PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Farrelly new Bohs Gaffer

joeSoap
18/08/2004, 10:58 AM
Gareth Farrelly will be announced the new player manager at Bohemians within the next 48 hours, barring last minute hitches according to the Star in an exclusive today. :ball:

Macy
18/08/2004, 11:02 AM
Gareth Farrelly will be announced the new player manager at Bohemians within the next 48 hours, barring last minute hitches according to the Star in an exclusive today. :ball:
And broke on the Bohs message board a few days ago, by a certain former Town kitman. :D

max power
18/08/2004, 11:27 AM
i wonder will this former kit man be moving to derry as well ???

TonyD
18/08/2004, 9:53 PM
Saw this on the Pats message board and thought it was a wind up. They'll be sorry! No experience, no knowledge of the league, what are they thinking ?

Longfordian
20/08/2004, 12:49 AM
In all fairness he's been let go in no time by every club he was ever with suggests a lack of discipline, If i were Kevin Hunt or Glenn Crowe or even frickin Dominic Foley why would I take orders from someone my age who's never really done anything to make me respect him. At least Kenny had had a little success..

dynamo kerry
20/08/2004, 2:06 AM
here- hang on a sec - you're on a wind up right?

Farrelly had a bunch of injury problems along the way. I reckon he was just not good enough for competitive prem football

crowe may have achieved a few things since coming home but foley? why would foley sneez at farrelly's career? it's 20 times the career foley has had.

Like it of not Farelly's a big fish by Irish standards and fair play to him for coming home. Any reason for putting him down is pure speculation and begrudery.

oh yeah - he's older than all of them bar Hunt who is a clever dude and will work it out fairly rapid if he's worth working with.

ps I'm not that familiar with kenny - what had he done that was so special?

TonyD
20/08/2004, 9:11 PM
Was that question a wind up, or are you asking seriously ? I'll assume the latter. Kenny got the Bohs job on the basis of his record at Longford, which was basically bringing the club from nowhere to promotion and a cup final appearance. At Bohs he proved this was no flash in the pan by winning the league in what I believe was his first full season in charge. Last season they ran Shels close, and were still not out of things when he was sacked this season. I think Kenny is a good manager, with a good record for his age. In my opinion the Bohs board panicked under pressure from their notoriously fickle fans. I wonder how those same fans feel now ?

dynamo kerry
20/08/2004, 9:57 PM
Was that question a wind up, or are you asking seriously ? I'll assume the latter. Kenny got the Bohs job on the basis of his record at Longford, which was basically bringing the club from nowhere to promotion and a cup final appearance. At Bohs he proved this was no flash in the pan by winning the league in what I believe was his first full season in charge. Last season they ran Shels close, and were still not out of things when he was sacked this season. I think Kenny is a good manager, with a good record for his age. In my opinion the Bohs board panicked under pressure from their notoriously fickle fans. I wonder how those same fans feel now ?

I was aware of kennys record with longford. I'm also of the opinion that he led bohs to the title on the back of a set up that was second to none at the time and put in place by roddy and maintained by liam o'brien

what i want to know is - was thee anything special about kenny prior to this that made him less of a risk as a manager than farrelly.

incidentally it's been downhill all the way since bohs last won the title. some people might suggest kenny isn't so great after all.

Slash/ED
20/08/2004, 10:13 PM
what i want to know is - was thee anything special about kenny prior to this that made him less of a risk as a manager than farrelly.

Yes, he'd done wonders with Longford and had proven he could manage in the EL. Farrelly has never managed any side and is very very young to be a manager and has zero experience in the EL. I'm not saying he'll be better or worse than Kenny but it clearly is a massive risk appointing him.

sadloserkid
22/08/2004, 10:57 AM
Yes, he'd done wonders with Longford and had proven he could manage in the EL. Farrelly has never managed any side and is very very young to be a manager and has zero experience in the EL. I'm not saying he'll be better or worse than Kenny but it clearly is a massive risk appointing him.

No bigger a risk than Alan Reynolds surely?