PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Farrelly New Bohs Gaffer

joeSoap
18/08/2004, 10:57 AM
Gareth Farrelly will be announced the new player manager at Bohemians within the next 48 hours, barring last minute hitches according to the Star in an exclusive today.

Fr. Murphy
19/08/2004, 12:58 PM
He was unveiled at half one today down at dalyer.

pete
19/08/2004, 1:23 PM
www.bohemians.ie

Farrelly & Howlett Appointed:::19/08/04

Bohemian Football Club is pleased to announce that Gareth Farrelly has been appointed as our new player manager. We are also pleased to announce that Gary Howlett will be our full time Head Coach. These appointments are effective from Thursday 26th August. A press conference will be held on Thursday 26th at 1.30 p.m. in Dalymount Park.

Gary Howlett is due to remain in charge of the first team for the next three games, when Gareth Farrelly will take over the reins.

What a bizarre appointment. Bohs Board clearly lost the plot altogether now.

Farrelly is obviously only taking the gig cos he not have any optiosn in England plus he has zero experience. To make matters worse his assistant is the guy who was caretaker & afaik put his name in for managers job too. Howlett strangely also taking charge for the next few games

:rolleyes: :eek:

max power
19/08/2004, 1:28 PM
that would be the same as alan moore becoming shels mananger.....i don't mind, the league cup final will be his first match in charge then, is that right ???

niamh
19/08/2004, 1:48 PM
Surely he would have coaching badges etc though?
He's due to unveiled this day week and will be taking charge then and not before. Howlett in charge for Bohs next three games according to club statement.

pete
19/08/2004, 2:12 PM
Surely he would have coaching badges etc though?

That only good to a point as would sutrely only mean he could coach as opposed to manage a team.

If Howlett does well with results in next 3 games will it be all his doing or will Farrelly get credit in background?

:eek:

niamh
19/08/2004, 2:23 PM
I don't see why they got rid of Kenny in the first place myself.

Carlin
19/08/2004, 10:16 PM
I don't see why they got rid of Kenny in the first place myself.

Coz he was ****é and was slowly killing our club.

Farrelly's appointment is a risk but a risk worth taking. Considering the other contenders were the likes of Rico/Doolin/King etc, there isnt many Bohs fans unhappy at Farrelly getting the job. He brings freshness & new ideas to the club which is what we need at the moment.

Let's just say, I'm a lot more optimistic today than I was a month ago :cool:

Pauro 76
21/08/2004, 3:14 PM
Gareth Farrelly will be announced the new player manager at Bohemians within the next 48 hours, barring last minute hitches according to the Star in an exclusive today.

Where did that one come from! What was his last club in England? Lost count of his loan moves...