PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night

drummerboy
18/08/2004, 9:04 AM
Well lads, any predictions for Friday night!! I was over watching UCD against Dundalk last Friday night. They looked very solid throughout the team. Outside right looked very menacing. Will Willie Doyle be fit?

lefty
19/08/2004, 5:42 PM
Dunno bout Doyle but its gonna be very hard for youze to break the back four down. We also have a lot of players that can score goals and are used to playing against better opposition than Drumcondra. Id expect it to be 3-1 with us taking an early lead then killing it off in the second half before a late scare in the last 10 mins.

Dont quote me on any of that at the match by the way unless of course it turns out to be true :) . Dont know much about Drumcondra, except that u didnt exactly hammer Quay Celtic and only drew with Letterkenny at home. The weather could be a major influence though and if it is as sh*t tomorow or worse then thats deffinitely a plus for Drumcondra and will make it a tight match. Hopefully it will be just a formality for the lads and our place in the final 8 is assured

pineapple stu
19/08/2004, 5:47 PM
1/9 for a UCD win with Cronicle - probably fair enough. We've been very clinical with the lower teams this season (only Cobh outside of the top five have taken points from us this season - eleven wins and two draws!) Drums have started the season, I think, which would give them a help, but I'll still have to say 3-0 to us. Defence has always been our strong point, and we're very good at it this season, so if we don't concede, we've got a good chance!

Outside right (Pat Sullivan) is a class player - great form lately, easily one of the best players in the First Division.

Doyle will be pushing fit for the game - hopped over the fence handy enough to buy the official Willie Doyle keyrings last week! :p

Never lost in the Cup to a non-league side (even last year when that muppet Doolo took on Belgrove with a class manager called Pete Mahon!), so here's hoping that continues...!

What about your prediction, Drummerboy?

drummerboy
20/08/2004, 8:38 AM
Due to the fact that Drums are missing key players, I think they would be happy to get out without a hiding. Saw UCD last Friday night and they looked very solid without being spectacular. Outside right looks good enough for top league. But you never know. Hopefully we will get a bit of a crowd over

Schumi
20/08/2004, 1:36 PM
No doubt it will be the same story as most of the year. We'll go 1 up and sit back until we concede one and then win 2-1.

drummerboy
20/08/2004, 2:01 PM
I think our manager would settle for that. Pete, being an ex Drums man himself might tell them to go easy. Though I can't imagine it. I remember as a kid seeing him play for Drumcondra. He was a tough, perhaps a little dirty, full back. His son is quite similar, but Pete was far nastier. He played in the same team as Eoin Hand.