PDA

View Full Version : eircom League Text Alerts Scam !!

A face
18/08/2004, 12:53 AM
Lads, i suppose alot of you have heard of/seen these adverts (http://www.iol.ie/~atfc/images/53131banner.jpg) for eircom League club text alerts. I know there was one for CCFC anyway.

I think they are a complete scam, sending 8 texts during a nil all draw was what really took the píss. Some of the texts were the exact same as previous ones, just worded a different way. A good idea and what could be a great service is being abused.

Anyone not familiar with them ...... stay well clear, it is a complete scam.

Longfordian
18/08/2004, 1:01 AM
Especially when f*ck all money actually goes back to the clubs. I think LTFC got about €30 for 3 months text alerts, im sure its based on numbers subscribed but its still miniscule

Sheridan
18/08/2004, 1:04 AM
You're right, they're a spectacular rip-off, but they have been my first source of news on several occasions, so I've kept my subscription (they broke the Chris Deans to Dublin City story long before it happened; I spoke to John Gill a few days later and he was surprised to learn that I knew about the transfer ;) ) Still, sending the same text more than once is inexcusable. Also, it p*sses me off that every goal we concede costs me 30c (or whatever it is.)

Neish
18/08/2004, 6:59 AM
Yeah they can be a bit of a pain at times, but dont think I ever had it that bad for a draw usaully get 2-3 for alerts for a 0-0 draw(half-time score, full time score and sometimes the other scores from the league)