PDA

View Full Version : Change of date for finn harps game nxt wk

Martinho II
13/06/2012, 10:02 PM
I am not sure if ppl have heard but it was confrd in todays longford leader that our harps away game originally scheduled for fri wk is now changed to the following night instead.. this will be good news for any away support and should boost the away support which is badly needed.

in other news I heard officially that jacques morley left the club a few weeks ago..I know the real reason for why he left but I refuse to release it in the public domain..

De Town
14/06/2012, 9:52 AM
No Marty it was supposed to be on the Saturday, now on the Friday night. Finn Harps tweeted this;

"Finn Harps v Longford Town DATE CHANGE
Finn Harps' next home Airtricity League First Division fixture, against Longford Town, has been brought forward 24 hours and will now be played on Friday 22nd June at Finn Park (kick-off 7.45pm). This is due to a potential clash with a Republic of Ireland Euro 2012 quarter-final fixture, should Ireland progress beyond the group stages."

Macy
14/06/2012, 1:04 PM
This is due to a potential clash with a Republic of Ireland Euro 2012 quarter-final fixture, should Ireland progress beyond the group stages."
Love the optimism. Could they not have waited until after tonight?

Martinho II
14/06/2012, 10:27 PM
I didnt get a chance to post this earlier but I want to apologise for any confusion caused by my posting. I was told in good faith that date of the game had changed and it was only when I looked at harps website that I realised that the date was never changed in the first place. I then got in touch with my contact and he didnt believe me at first and once he checked with the secretary of the club he realised the errors of his ways.

L.T.F.C.
15/06/2012, 3:12 AM
in other news I heard officially that jacques morley left the club a few weeks ago..I know the real reason for why he left but I refuse to release it in the public domain..
Great.

Macy
15/06/2012, 8:23 AM
So is it changed back to the Saturday night?

Longfordian
15/06/2012, 9:33 AM
Too late to change it back now I'd say under league rules.

outspoken
15/06/2012, 9:49 AM
So just to clear it up its now a friday night? Hope the bus still runs.

nigel-harps1954
15/06/2012, 10:53 AM
Friday night 22nd June definitely.

outspoken
15/06/2012, 1:52 PM
Perfect since Ireland wont be in the quarters at least I can watch England on the Saturday night should they get there of course.

outspoken
16/06/2012, 3:18 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread for this so will just throw it in here. Was just listening to Shannonside radio and Deniese O'Flattery (Sorry if I spelt that wong) was on and she said that TC has been told by the chairman that if he wants to strengthen the squad in July there is a budget there.....Fantastic news and fair play to everyone behind the scenes cant remember a season as smooth as this before

Longfordian
17/06/2012, 1:48 PM
Yeah things are going well behind the scenes by all accounts. A lot of the old debt from the past has now been dealt with through a lot of hard work and no little investment from those in charge and not forgetting the Supporters Trust. They're looking to grow the club in a sustainable way. Still need people to get out and support the team however.

Macy
18/06/2012, 11:21 AM
Didnt want to start a new thread for this so will just throw it in here. Was just listening to Shannonside radio and Deniese O'Flattery (Sorry if I spelt that wong) was on and she said that TC has been told by the chairman that if he wants to strengthen the squad in July there is a budget there.....Fantastic news and fair play to everyone behind the scenes cant remember a season as smooth as this before
TC and the club should most definitely not bother spending any more money now. With Monaghan going, I can't see anything but a single division league next year. I'd hold off until Delaney's back from courting support from "the best fans in the world" and decides to take an even passing interest in what's actually happening in the league before possibly spending more money that could be spent next year/ pay more debts. We can't compete with Limerick financially anyway.

ltfc_2004
19/06/2012, 3:28 PM
Got to agree with Macy here and hold off on spending alot of money if we don't need to but I wonder will any of the Monaghan team be available on the cheap that might help us push on, if we can release weaker squad members.

Hopefully the team has got it together again after the last two games and the break has energised them and refreshed them and they are raring to go, we are still a point in front and loads of twists and turns to come before the season is over.

outspoken
20/06/2012, 2:11 PM
That young lad Monaghan signed from Notts Forrest could be worth a punt he cant be on huge money and I'm sure everyone agrees Keegan is a star but hel be in England before long so I wouldnt say we could sign him if he does sign for another Irish club it'l be a Rovers or a Pats.

outspoken
20/06/2012, 2:14 PM
By the way lads the supporters club are running/trying to run a bus to the game on Friday. Now anyone thats been up to a Town - Harps game recently knows there is always a cracking bit of atmosphere and rivalry so if you havent been before or in a long time theres no better game to come back for as we simply have to win our first game back! You can book your place by texting Liam and if you dont have his number just message me and I'l pass it onto you....Cheers.

outspoken
20/06/2012, 9:56 PM
Just after hearing the bus is cancelled due to lack of intrest, shocking the people of Longford won't come out to support their team....a winning team at that!

There's hardly anyone driving up I could hitch a lift with? Will pay as much as I can for Diesel/petrol.

Martinho II
20/06/2012, 11:14 PM
in my own defence I started my new job yesterday in Carrickmines Dublin and am working a 5 pm to midnight shift that day(harps game) so work is the no 1 priority for me at the moment!

outspoken
21/06/2012, 7:31 AM
Oh Jesus ye Martinho I know that and don't worry I'm not having a go at anyone on here or any other Longford town FANS I'm having a go at all the barstoolers and bandwagoners that can't even come out to support a winning team (there usually good at that):)

Macy
21/06/2012, 10:09 AM
A (forecast) wet night in Ballybofey, on a working day - what's stopping people FFS!!!!????!!!!

nigel-harps1954
21/06/2012, 11:47 AM
Crazy rain up here this morning. If it doesn't ease up tomorrow it's hard to know whether this game will go ahead or not.

Longfordian
21/06/2012, 12:08 PM
Forecast isn't good I believe.

Keen2win
21/06/2012, 9:06 PM
in my own defence I started my new job yesterday in Carrickmines Dublin and am working a 5 pm to midnight shift that day(harps game) so work is the no 1 priority for me at the moment!

No excuse.

outspoken
21/06/2012, 9:12 PM
Crazy rain up here this morning. If it doesn't ease up tomorrow it's hard to know whether this game will go ahead or not.

We had strong rain here this morning and the first thing that hit my mind was the state of the pitch last year....Weather was grand whole wau up in the car but as soon as we hit your way there was unreal rain and fog then when we got to the ground the pitch was pure brown a mudbath so I wouldnt be surprised if it's off....Keep us updated if you can

nigel-harps1954
21/06/2012, 11:09 PM
We had strong rain here this morning and the first thing that hit my mind was the state of the pitch last year....Weather was grand whole wau up in the car but as soon as we hit your way there was unreal rain and fog then when we got to the ground the pitch was pure brown a mudbath so I wouldnt be surprised if it's off....Keep us updated if you can

If you keep an eye on the Harps facebook page, or www.harpstalk.com that's usually the best bet. At this stage, the rain held off for most of the evening, but it's raining again now tonight.
Pitch apparently had a lot of work done to get it back up to scratch over the break, but the weather can't have helped it much. Have to wait and see. Unfortunately I can't make the game myself now. Half hoping it is called off so I can make it again!

Sam_Heggy
22/06/2012, 4:14 PM
Pitch is 100%, should be in great condition for the game.

Live commentary of the game for anyone not able to travel http://www.ustream.tv/channel/finn-harps-radio

outspoken
23/06/2012, 10:13 AM
Ah FFS I just wrote a big yoke out and it got deleted by accident so here's a shorter response. We all played very well every player with stand out preformers Des Hope, Chris Deans, Crawley and Bermo.

Acornvilla
23/06/2012, 11:39 AM
Mervue away next then athlone at home, should be able to keep our necks above water for a few more weeks before we have a big wan with waterford.

Martinho II
23/06/2012, 6:48 PM
crackin win last nite.. the next few wks is the key. I wont be at the Mervue game either.. I assume Outspoken you made it down was there many town fans that made it down?

outspoken
23/06/2012, 9:36 PM
Ye I was there, was less then 10 of us and alltogether i'd say just about 100 there....Don't know where extratime.ie got 270 from not a hope.....There was more at the mass down the road then there was at the match....not kidding.

DRDoc
24/06/2012, 1:37 AM
No Salmon or Kirby on Friday - are they injured does anyone know? If so hope not serious

Any rumours on any new faces?

Sam_Heggy
24/06/2012, 8:40 AM
Ye I was there, was less then 10 of us and alltogether i'd say just about 100 there....Don't know where extratime.ie got 270 from not a hope.....There was more at the mass down the road then there was at the match....not kidding.

230 official attendance.

Harps were the ones creating the chances, we missed a couple of really good chances and then gifted ye 2 VERY soft goals. We deservedly got one back and looked like possibly getting something out of the game until a horrible ref decision gave ye a pen.
Story of our season.

outspoken
24/06/2012, 10:19 AM
Still can't see how there was 230 there even if everyone sat in the stand it wouldn't have been full! On the gane itself you did miss 1 or 2 big chances but credit to Chris Deans and Craig Walsh for their goal saving tackles, deans tackle was one of the best I have ever seen! The penalty didn't look 1 all of us in the stand agreed on that but apparently after the game the harps centre half said to one of our lads it was a stone Waller so who knows I still think we would have hung on but this is the football as the Italians say.

Sam_Heggy
24/06/2012, 12:19 PM
The seats in the stand hold 400 so you're right, the crowd would have filled them.

Either way, ye got the 3 points, we got feck all. I hate football.

Martinho II
24/06/2012, 5:54 PM
No Salmon or Kirby on Friday - are they injured does anyone know? If so hope not serious

Any rumours on any new faces?

we are linked with a few mon utd players I havent heard of any names as of yet..

outspoken
25/06/2012, 9:18 AM
The only 2 Monaghan players I'd tale are Jordan Keegan and Conor Murphy. However Keegan was well on course for a move to England so if that doesn't happen he will end up at a Rovers, Sligo, Pats etc.

As for Murphy he is a promising young striker that Roddy signed from Notts Forrest academy and while he's a good young striker thata not what we need we need someone built in the same mold as Jason Byrne someone who can lead from the front and get us 15-20 goals a season.

Tallanted
26/06/2012, 4:57 PM
I presume by the Notts Forrest Academy you mean Bray Wanderers :-)

Moaghan have alot of really young players that may or may not be worth a look at it if they will add to us, Keegan by far there best player will no doubt sign for a premier side

outspoken
27/06/2012, 9:51 AM
Sorry who is the lad from Notts academy they signed at start of year his name is on the tip of my tongue!!! Darragh Reynor!!! thats the one, ye would he be worth a punt? Again Still think it's a Jason Byrne like character we need.

Tallanted
27/06/2012, 11:51 AM
Reynor signed for Pats from the Notts Forrest academy and then went to Monaghan, Collins liked to say he was signin lads from England to make it sound better for him when bringin them in

outspoken
27/06/2012, 1:15 PM
So not worth signing in other words, keegan is thr only 1 but won't get him besides we don't need him our midfield is great!

Richardanthonyc
27/06/2012, 2:34 PM
So not worth signing in other words, keegan is thr only 1 but won't get him besides we don't need him our midfield is great!

Our midfield great? I wouldn't say that. Good yes but certainly room for improvement creativity wise

outspoken
27/06/2012, 3:54 PM
Gillespie (Played at top level, best passer in league, quality set pieces and crosses), Kirby (all though out of form still a top player), Mark Salmon (top scorer last season), Craig Walsh (Pure class despite his young age and will show it if given a chance), Colly James (One of our best players this season and our top scorer), Crawley (A bit of a Gareth Bale in him, Pacey, Tricky, quality delivery, can play LB or LM and has a great throw in)

You ask me that's a quality midfield not many clubs would have that at their disposale in this division and would outclass some of the premier division midfields too

DRDoc
27/06/2012, 8:06 PM
Evening herald suggested willo mcdonagh from mons might be joining - he plays centre back or centre midfield. Not a huge improvement on what is already at the club I dont think, but I presume he being considered as a centre back

I take it no ones knows why salmon and kirby were missing last week?

De Town
27/06/2012, 8:39 PM
I take it no ones knows why salmon and kirby were missing last week?

Salmon was becoming a father as far as I know

Martinho II
27/06/2012, 8:39 PM
Evening herald suggested willo mcdonagh from mons might be joining - he plays centre back or centre midfield. Not a huge improvement on what is already at the club I dont think, but I presume he being considered as a centre back

I take it no ones knows why salmon and kirby were missing last week? longford leader had it that salmo had family reasons - he became a dad and kirbs for work reasons