PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

inexile
17/08/2004, 1:03 PM
Dunno if i will get many replies to this but i read in the Limerick Leader a team of the season from the season 2003/04 and i thought it would be a good topic cos everyone has their own ideas it was

1 Alan Johnson (Balla)
2Thomas Daly (Balla)
3Keith Fitzgerald (Balla)
4Mark Houlihan (Boro)
5 Brian Buckley (Fairview)
6Leonard Sheehan (Balla)
7Ray McMahon (Balla)
8Kevin McCarthy (Fairview)
9Shane O'Connor (Pike)
10Tommy Barrett (Fairview)
11Paul Harmon (Fairview)
12Barry Heffernan (Fairview)
13Garrett Ryan (Balla)
14 Dennis Whelan (Carew Pk)
15 Eoin Lynch (Fairview)
16Robert Earls (Balla)

A face
17/08/2004, 1:05 PM
Who compiled it ? Was it the paper themselves ?

inexile
17/08/2004, 1:15 PM
yeah in fairness to the LL they give junior soccer great coverage they even ran a fantasy football which included almost every player who played in the premier league last season

clownboy
18/08/2004, 8:07 AM
Seems like a fair enough team to me...Its a well balanced squad...Is this the team the Leader picked going on Stats or just the team the thought Themselves ..I know that they did pick two

youe1
18/08/2004, 8:42 AM
tHE Leader picked the team of the year . They also listed the FantasY football team of the year. i agree the coverage is A1.
wOULD YOU CHANGE THE TEAM IN ANY WAY

clownboy
18/08/2004, 9:43 AM
Id say the team listed above is the Fantasy team...The leader team had Robbie Kelliher and Kevin Mccarthy on it with Paul harman too i think ..DaveyWall had a good season as did Ray Mcmahon with Balla

clownboy
18/08/2004, 9:45 AM
Sorry did not see some of the lads in there ..busy at work ...Kelliher has got to be there though he is class

inexile
18/08/2004, 9:47 AM
based on performances last season that team is fairly close to what it should be however obviously there are a few changes i would make but they wouldnt be based on last seasons performances, what i mean is if i was picking a limerick oscar traynor team it would be something like

1Gordon Stewart (Carew Pk)
2Pat Mitchell (Pike)
3Declan Considine (Pike)
4Mark Houlihan (Fairview)
5Brian Buckley (Fairview)
6Jason Purcell (Fairview)
7Alan O'Keeffe (Boro)
8Brian Lawlor (Fairview)
9Robbie Kelleher (Fairview)
10 Jason O Connor (Boro)
11 Paul Harmon (Fairview)
12Alan Johnson (Balla)
13Thomas Daly (Balla)
14Kevin McCarthy (Fairview)
15Tommy Barrett (Fairview)
16Robert Earls (Balla)

youe1
18/08/2004, 9:49 AM
The team listed is the leader team. The fantasy football team had a few strange heads. Leonard Sheehan of Balla for example. The Fantasy football was just a fun selection

youe1
18/08/2004, 9:57 AM
The leader team included Kelleher,Jason Purcell and Barry Lynch . Ray McMahon and Leonard Sheehan were not in cluded nor PAul Harmon

inexile
19/08/2004, 9:59 AM
premier season kicks off tonight lads big game of the night is boro against fairview always a big game but even bigger now that 3 boro players from last year will line out 4 the view and that the former fairview supremo is now boro manager should be a cracker

clownboy
19/08/2004, 10:09 AM
Ya should be a good one ...Nice crowd there especially with the return of Finnan and the boro lads gone to the View...Only 2 available though Lawlor out due to a wedding...Fairview are missing a couple of more 2 John Fitz and Martin Neary on Hols but there is a big squad up there and they should cope

inexile
19/08/2004, 11:40 AM
any predictions clownboy? you seem to be well up on the junior scene where do u get your information, will the 2 new fairview signings from the boro play?

clownboy
19/08/2004, 11:55 AM
...Not sure If the 2 lads will play.Id say they Derek will probably start them alright especially since its against there old clubs..Fairview to win just about id say it will be close though with both teams up for it ...2-1

inexile
19/08/2004, 12:00 PM
i dunno id say fairview will be 2 goals better the boro wont be great at the back i think hula is an awful loss to them he held the defence together for most of last season imo, you never told me where you get your info

clownboy
19/08/2004, 12:07 PM
I agree that Looking at the squads the view look the better by 2 goals but first game of the season the 3 lads with the view and Finnan with the Boro so there are reasons for it being tight With Bubbles and Dalton Back they will be strong at the back...and JJ hartigans a good keeper ..as for where i get my info...I play Junior soccer and Know a lot of players and managers.

youe1
19/08/2004, 12:45 PM
bubbles is with Balla
I reckon Fairview will win easily

inexile
19/08/2004, 12:53 PM
bubbles signed with the boro youe1
i do fancy the view but as for dalton being back i dont think he is the answer i think he is a very poor defender
who do you play 4 clownboy?

clownboy
19/08/2004, 12:53 PM
Incorrect Bubbles signed with the Boro ...Skinner went to Balla

clownboy
19/08/2004, 12:57 PM
Ya he might play Dalton in the middle he might be better there ...shane madden is agood centre back too he will need to get match fit though he has not played in a while

inexile
19/08/2004, 1:04 PM
i dunno about dalton in the middle never occured to me to be honest supposed he could do a job madden wont last though he was good schoolboy but he has lost it now

inexile
20/08/2004, 10:13 AM
can anyone tell me the results and scorers from last nights matches and how did the match between boro and view go? how did the ex boro players do

youe1
20/08/2004, 12:15 PM
As predicted by yours truly 3-0 to fairview
Barrett, kelleher, og
Pike 3 summerville 0
Eades 2 Enright
Park 5 Hill 0
purcell 3
Regional 1 carew 1
F Stewart/ D whelan
Cville 2 Mungret 2
Balla 2 Abbey 1
Dunphy 2/ Mullins

clownboy
20/08/2004, 12:29 PM
Ex Boro Boys did alright Hoola started centre back and had a good game and O'Donnell started on the right and did ok ...he will get better with games he was replaced after 70 minutes

inexile
20/08/2004, 2:24 PM
do you think they will keep their places clownboy i know there is a lotta competition and fellas to come back in

clownboy
21/08/2004, 6:34 AM
Houlihan Might...Derek White might Decide to play either Heffo or himself right back as Martin Neary is out until Mid October...I cant see Paul O'Donnell keeping his place with Lawlor Purcell and Davey Wall to return so he will find it tough ...good to have in the squad though

inexile
23/08/2004, 10:36 AM
yeah o donnell is good to have the squad allright cant really see where he is gonna fit in for all his qualities he just isnt mobile enough i mean he was marking dave brown the other night and he was there for the taking but he just wasnt quick enough

clownboy
23/08/2004, 10:41 AM
Ya i wouldent play him on the right...in the centre or just behind the front 2 so he can thread balls through to them...He is good to bring on in the last 20 minutes if the view are leading but under the cosh...He is great at sklowing the game down

Edgey
23/08/2004, 10:52 AM
Any idea how Fairview B got on over the weekend Clownboy?

clownboy
23/08/2004, 11:03 AM
They did not have a game Edgey, They play their first game This Tuesday against Pike B away.

S.Fitz
24/08/2004, 1:25 PM
anyone that doesnt have kevin mccarthy in there team whether it be fantasy football or oscar traynor doesnt know much bout football, in my opinion the best junior footballer ever to come out of this county.

S.Fitz
24/08/2004, 1:28 PM
kevin mccarthy has to be there.

inexile
24/08/2004, 1:47 PM
i didnt include him in my OT team S.FITZ because i agree with you he is absolutely top class but i dont think he will play

clownboy
24/08/2004, 1:49 PM
Have to agree with that Kevin is class ...but the Fantasy football went on stats and stuff and Gaga dident score many goals and you get the points for that..Excellent player though and i would have him in my team any day although he is gone from playing Oscar Traynor and would not play if selected anyway

inexile
24/08/2004, 1:58 PM
i wouldnt stop at the oscar traynor panel id have him in the irish team he is in fantastic nick for a man of his age

clownboy
24/08/2004, 2:00 PM
He was asked to play a couple of seasons back in the quadrangular and he decided not to

inexile
24/08/2004, 2:47 PM
i know and i can understand why the man has done it all and id say there is a is commitment there and i know he does have a young family so i can understand fairview will have a tough job trying to replace himwhen he does decide to call it a day, although i do think gary hannon will develop into a quality player there will never be another gaga

youe1
24/08/2004, 4:34 PM
I agree Kevin Mc was (is)probably the best junior footballer of the last 10 years or more. Anyone old enough to remember Jackie Ryan, Hyde, Balla or Pat Boland of Star, They would challenge for best of all time(all my time anyway)

inexile
30/08/2004, 2:47 PM
following on from that saw the balla view game yesterday i thought tommy barrett was sensational in the middle of the field he tackled passed and ran fantastically scored an excellant headed goal laid on robbie kellehers second goal and would have scored the first had kelleher not been there to put it in
have to admit that while fairview were top class balla were pathetic they didnt seem to want to play ball at all david dunphy stood down on trevor higgins head damian leo was rightly sent off for a terrible challenge on jason purcell and the funny thing about it was all the time ray o halloran was roaring "discipline discipline" shows how much they listen to him!!
the way they behaved yesterday made me wonder why i was happy they won the league last year, they brought fairview out to a **** pitch which essentially told their players that they wouldnt match them on a good field i heard reports coming from fairview that they wanna play their home game against balla in bateman too!
one more thing i thought the performance of the referee john mcnamara was top class some referees bottle out of decisions out there but he was well on his game

clownboy
31/08/2004, 7:07 AM
Ya the view were th Much better team yesterday but Balla will bounce Back as they are a good side and i think they had an off day yesterday ..They dont seem to be playing for each other at the moment..I agree with you about the pitch...Balla gave Fairview the incentive o win by bringing them to Bateman..Fairview were up for it especially after dropping 2 points against Regional Midweek...I dont think the Balla Players are working as hard for Ray O' Halloran as they were for Christy earls..Also I have to agree about the referee also , He is th best around at the moment and he He is honest and thats all that anybody can ask for

limman
31/08/2004, 4:38 PM
The view were good against Balla, but i don't think you could say they dropped two points at Regional because from what i've heard they were lucky to come away with one.

Ask me tom
31/08/2004, 7:33 PM
Have to agree with you there limman was at the View v Regional game and the view were very lucky. Regional hit the bar twice and missed 2 sitters in the last 15 mins

clownboy
01/09/2004, 6:13 AM
Lads,
Regional are a handy side but if the view even played to half if they were capable of they would have hammered regional...They just were not up to it on the night...Regional had there chance and it will be a very different story in the return game im sure...

youe1
01/09/2004, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys
I saw Regional match v Fairview and while Regional had a couple of chances late in the game Fview should have wrapped it up when they led 2-1.
As for Balla.... All last season the opposition played into their hands with long balls into defence. Any side that will run at the central defence will have joy.

limman
01/09/2004, 12:49 PM
Ok, I was only going by what I heard, the view really will be the team to beat this year. They've made good signings and are strong everywhere. Haven't seen regional play yet but they seem to have made a good start. Abbey have struggled so far but got a much deserved first win under their belts. There's still a bit of unrest at the boro from what I hear.

clownboy
01/09/2004, 1:02 PM
Regional are a handy side and anybody that comes up from 1A and are unbeaten in there first 3 are doing well...They wont be in the top 4 or 5 but i think 6th or 7th will be a good first year for them...Some good young lads and they are well organised and work there free kicks well...Nice set up too fair play to them...I said all along Abbey and Hill Celtic for the drop ...but it looks like Summerville ar struggling also now..Whats the story up in the Boro??

limman
01/09/2004, 3:27 PM
Not sure exactly just a comment somebody passed the other day about the boro players being at each other's throats after the park game.

joeSoap
01/09/2004, 3:54 PM
I agree Kevin Mc was (is)probably the best junior footballer of the last 10 years or more. Anyone old enough to remember Jackie Ryan, Hyde, Balla or Pat Boland of Star, They would challenge for best of all time(all my time anyway)
Christy Reddan, Christy Coll, Adrian Lipper, Johnny King, John Marshall, Johnny Gaynor, Gerry Dillon....all great players in the 80's and 90's.Exceptional, especially Coll, and they would have waltzed on to any LOI team of their time..

Ask me tom
01/09/2004, 4:22 PM
but it looks like Summerville ar struggling also now.

does anyone know what the story is with there financial crisis at the moment are they makin any head way with the money they were supposed to recieve

clownboy
02/09/2004, 7:59 AM
Willie O'Dea was looking into itfor them last i heard...there was a hold up over the lease of the pitch and some enviornmental act but as far as i know they have been promised that it will be resolved asap