PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

clownboy
22/11/2004, 12:52 PM
heard alan o keefe was man of the match yesterday? that right ? jonny lyne is a winger davy wall isnt is the only reason i can think of

Ya I was at the game ysterday...O'Keefe was very impressive ..he ran his socks off and was very strong ...Mike Ryan seems to Like John Lyne a lot ..I think he should have started Davey also ...,he has played on the =wing lots of times before ...Lyne woul have been good to spring from the bench...Limerick were very poor in the first half but were much improved in the second ..Waterford looked good in fairness

inexile
22/11/2004, 12:56 PM
yeah but surely clownboy you would agree that davy wall wouldnt pass to his mother and he in my opinion is a fine player but if he played for the team would be way better

inexile
22/11/2004, 1:03 PM
The reason i say that is because he was raving about Mark and how good he is etc and that might of went to his head a bit ...good player in my opinion though and will get even better no doubt

i said that a while ago in a previous post that i heard he was a bit arrogant but i dont know him, just the impression that i get from him on the field, i agree though for a young lad of 21 he could be a very good centre half, id like to see him and buckley as a partnership

clownboy
22/11/2004, 1:07 PM
yeah but surely clownboy you would agree that davy wall wouldnt pass to his mother and he in my opinion is a fine player but if he played for the team would be way better

Ya i suppose he could let the ball go a bit earlier at times but excellent player and has done very well for the view ...every player has weaknesses. and as for Houlihan ...I wouldent say that he is arrogant now ..just probably stopped learning a bit ...Hewill learn a lot more with Finnan no doubt

backodanet
24/11/2004, 11:03 AM
It's the Munster junior this weekend 2 big games
Pike v Boro
Fairview v balla

any thoughts??
i'd have to go with pike and the view

backodanet
24/11/2004, 11:09 AM
Whistler, why do think balla will beat the view did they not lose 5 - 2 already this season

clownboy
24/11/2004, 11:38 AM
Id have to agree with Whistler ...Balla are playing very well at the moment and have not lost since playing the view...Fairview have been struggling hammered by Carew beat summerville 2-1 and drew 1-1 with Abbey in the last few weeks.

inexile
24/11/2004, 11:56 AM
no way clownboy im not havin that, fairview will beat balla and i reckon they will do it with at least 2 goals to spare, i have no doubt that fairview will turn in a big performance on the day, to be honest i think the other tie pike and boro will be a tighter game as neither side are scoring a lot of goals and defences are fairly tight, i think this will be a 1-0 dunno to who though

backodanet
24/11/2004, 11:57 AM
Fairview are the big game team with big game players form means nothing
i think pike will win the other won fairly handy the boro attacking options are all very similar and enright and hanrahan will be able to deal with them

inexile
24/11/2004, 12:29 PM
dont agree entirely backodanet i saw the last game between the sides and barry conway played upfront for the boro and gave the pike defence a bit of trouble can see something similar happening again

clownboy
24/11/2004, 12:35 PM
Lads if both of ye are so confident of a Fairview win...Why dont ye take Whisltler up on his offer..

inexile
24/11/2004, 12:40 PM
yeah i will definitly take that offer and to prove how confident ill give the draw after 90 mins as well

clownboy
24/11/2004, 12:49 PM
yeah i will definitly take that offer and to prove how confident ill give the draw after 90 mins as well

Fair play for putting ur money where your mouth is...How about u backodanet ...u seem fairly confident of a view victory...

backodanet
24/11/2004, 3:16 PM
just want to know why Whistler is so confident in balla
i think the view are favourites but its all on the day

inexile
24/11/2004, 3:38 PM
a 50 yo yo bet on the underdog seems a bit extreme in my eyes but maybe whistler has money to burn, i have to fancy fairview based on their performance against balla earlier this season alone where balla were lucky to lose by 3

inexile
26/11/2004, 1:51 PM
ok whistler ill take it up 50 big ones fairview to win and ill give you the draw after 90 mins

whitestripe
26/11/2004, 3:33 PM
Inexile, you seem to make a habit of knocking players in Limerick and from reading your comments you seem to have something against players from Janesboro. Can you explain why?

inexile
26/11/2004, 3:48 PM
nothing against players from janesboro in fact i think i have been vocal of my praise for certain players, I dont mean to be over critical but isnt this the reason this site is here for people to fully express their opinions? on further reflection i think i said the boro have a good chance for their game the weekend, but in my opinion they are still a few players short notably a partner for jason o connor upfront.

backodanet
29/11/2004, 8:50 AM
i have to eat my words on boro great win for them and good win for the view balla just not good enough

inexile
29/11/2004, 8:55 AM
whistler ill have my 50 in tens and twenties please, i must say i won a nice few bob i went for boro and fairview and won over 100 so happy out

backodanet
29/11/2004, 9:07 AM
how did the boro match go only heard the result

whitestripe
29/11/2004, 10:07 AM
The Boro scored early with an Alan Sheehan free kick. Finnan changed the team a bit, Dalton went back into the centre half position along side Mark Houlihan. Farmer, Lawlor, OKeefe and Curtis played in the middle with Conway and OConnor up front. It worked and the Boro controlled the first half. They came under alot of pressure in the second half and Pike hit the upright and were unlucky not to score. A fair result in the end. I think the draw was made and the Boro meet Fairview in the next round?

clownboy
29/11/2004, 10:11 AM
. I think the draw was made and the Boro meet Fairview in the next round?

Fairview are playing Charleville in the next round ...Not sure who Boro have

inexile
29/11/2004, 10:13 AM
Whitestripe are you sure? there is no way the draw is made that soon surely? didnt make the boro game yesterday but i heard they defended very well as a unit and looked dangerous on the break, for all pikes pressure they only had one decent chance and that was in injury time

clownboy
29/11/2004, 10:17 AM
The draw is made 3 or four rounds in advance in th Mjc team plays B and the winners play the winners of B and C etc ...Im sure that boro know who they are playing ...Fairview and Balla knew they were on the same side of the draw from the first round

inexile
29/11/2004, 1:04 PM
but surely the draw isnt made for the out of town stages yet

clownboy
29/11/2004, 1:15 PM
I doubt it but its only the third round now anyway

inexile
29/11/2004, 1:32 PM
is it not the out of town stages yet?

whitestripe
29/11/2004, 1:34 PM
I have been hearing conflicting reports but it appears the draw was made weeks ago and the View are now down to meet the Boro. Not sure of the other ties but I will find out.

inexile
29/11/2004, 1:43 PM
im pretty certain the draw would not have been made this far in advance

barryk
30/11/2004, 10:13 AM
Fairview meet Charleville and Herbertstown meet Caherdavin in round three.
Round four is being drawn next week

clownboy
30/11/2004, 11:21 AM
herbertstown doing well in the cup comps in the last couple of seasons and also top of 1A fair play to them

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 11:39 AM
savages the lot of em

inexile
30/11/2004, 1:06 PM
they can play a bit of football though by all accounts

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 1:20 PM
true, they ran Carew close last weekend, what kind of set up do they have?

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 1:38 PM
their set up is one of savages.

How they got this far is a mystery & they should stick to what they are good at............re enacting scenes from deliverance.

Easy win for the View against Balla last week, no surprise there & it should be more of the same this week when they will reduce Pikes season to an outside chance of the league

inexile
30/11/2004, 2:00 PM
agree blackstripe pike season looks doomed already although im sure derek whyte will be telling anyone who will listen that pike will be even more dangerous now, wounded animal and all that.fairview by at least 2.i have said it before and ill say it again pike just dont score enough goals.

are you and whitestripe related by any chance?

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 2:01 PM
I think there's no one to match the View again this year, they are far superior to Pike, Balla & the Boro in all aspects of the game.

Tactics, qulaity & organisation are the keys & the have all three where the others depend on grit & determination to get by............no contest

The Boro looked good last year but were walloped by the View 4-0 but with Mike Ryan as manager I think even Barcelona would struggle, he hasn't a clue & has ruined any club side he has managed, best of luck to the oscar traynor side with that midget in charge

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 2:06 PM
Not related I just liked the the title with a little alteration.

Prefer Black to White hahahaa

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 2:06 PM
Blackstripe, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder? would this be a result of being vertically challenged like the current Oscar Traynor Manager?

The View were always favourites to beat Balla and they have to be firm favourites this week also. Pike will crumble if they go out of both competitions, no harm either as that kit makes me nauseus, come to think of it the quality of the kit in Limerick is something out of the dark ages. Summerville has to be the worst yet, bought from the Cerebral Palsy shop no doubt.

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 2:07 PM
Pikes answer to not scoring enough was suppossed to be this guy O'Neill from Clare but he doesn't seem to do it in the games.

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 2:09 PM
funny man white stripe not vertically challenged at all.

As for the current oscar traynor manager ......................his crown as the miost popular man in Limerick says it all about the guy

joeSoap
30/11/2004, 2:11 PM
The Boro looked good last year but were walloped by the View 4-0 but with Mike Ryan as manager I think even Barcelona would struggle, he hasn't a clue & has ruined any club side he has managed, best of luck to the oscar traynor side with that midget in charge

:D :D

their set up is one of savages.

:D :D

I don't agree with ye on this Pike thing though lads....I know the View are very strong, but Pike always always run them close, and at the Pike Field, home advantage, a fairly decent side, playing with nothing to lose, I give them a very good chance.Their biggest weak area is Fitzy in goals....he could cost them dearly, but they have a solid defence, are ok in the middle and they have a good striker in this Nabs guy they got from Newmarket Celtic....2-1 to Pike....

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 2:12 PM
I have to agree. A poisoned dwarf.

inexile
30/11/2004, 2:18 PM
i thought jaws was supposed to be a good manager tactically just has no people skills, i mean look at his record 1 defeat in over 30 games for the boro last year before he was shafted,also too the oscar traynor team to the final the year before looks ok to me

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 2:19 PM
Joesoap, you could be right but I don't think Kev Fitz is the problem, the lack of goals from Pike is the problem. They score against the weaker teams but when they play the bigger sides like Fairview, Balla and Boro they never knock in the goals. Good defence and Sniffer seems to be the only target man of any quality they have. Nabs the few times I have seen him looks ok but other tell me he is good. Jury still out. What happened to Danis Bokans, was he deported?

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 2:30 PM
Inexile- Jaws Ryan is the furthest thing from a Manager in the city. He has ruined every club he has gone to. The success (if one could call it that) of the boro last year had nothing to do with that man because he had no input. The players ran that team last year. He took the Oscar Traynor panel to the final two years ago true but with that team he should have won it. He could not make a decision tactically and in the final he put on Paul O'Donnell on as a winger when the Limerick side was under pressure and wanted to take him off 5 minutes later and put on Tommy Barrett, Tommy refused to go on under those circumstances. Another classic was his decision to play a flat back 4 but he wanted one of the Centre halves to sweep. He has a mouth and a neck like a jockies bol.x

joeSoap
30/11/2004, 2:30 PM
No, Danus is back...been on the bench for most games this season. He went back to Latvia to get married or something like that, but he could play on sunday. Sniffer, Alan Finnucane, Connie and Daryl Eade give them a decent attacking platform, and I just have a sneaky hunch that they'll nick it.

inexile
30/11/2004, 2:32 PM
fitzy is only part of the problem,the is times he looks like a worldbeater then there are times that he goes down in installments, also dont agree with you about sniffer whitestripe sniffer is a quality player but not a centre forward he doesnt hurt teams enough with either goals or assists, great to hold up a ball but doesnt bring other player into it enough and i would imagine any centre half worth his salt would relish having to mark him,saying that i heard he gave robbie dalton a hard time for a while on sunday before he was finally snuffed out

joeSoap
30/11/2004, 2:33 PM
Jaws Ryan is the furthest thing from a Manager in the city. He has ruined every club he has gone to.
This is very true....he nearly relegated Pike years ago, put Vereker Clements out of football, couldn't even get Shelbourne to win a match, and of course,all the trouble he caused at the Boro.....he is a tosspot!!